Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JER1971

My shortest battle

18 comments in this topic

[WOLF3]
Members
120 posts
11,153 battles

Had my shortest battle ever tonight.  I'm sure most could look and see where I went wrong (I admit, I panicked).  I didn't have a det flag, AA turned off, didn't smoke while leaving spawn area, turning like a fool, etc.

But then I get this :-(

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.2ba9832a5b961560d143a91116c2687c.png

I did get some flags, so there's that.

[-BUI-]
Members
1,437 posts
4,379 battles
12 minutes ago, JER1971 said:

Had my shortest battle ever tonight.  I'm sure most could look and see where I went wrong (I admit, I panicked).  I didn't have a det flag, AA turned off, didn't smoke while leaving spawn area, turning like a fool, etc.

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, lots of mistakes, basically ALL the mistakes, namely charging the point like you'll have your gender bits removed if you don't get there as fast as possible.    You can't race to the cap in a CV game, you just cannot, you must think differently.   

If you didn't die to the Midway you would have died alone in the cap from radar anyway.     This has little to do with CV balance and more to do with the dumb detonation mechanic and poor choices.

[SYN]
Members
3,618 posts
19,578 battles

In your replay you used smoke WAY too late. (Bad luck that the CV got a good roll on the RNG dice for the second attack)

If it was me, I would speed boost to the island and try to use that as cover

If I'm not detected

• I would stay hugging the island until I knew the planes are targeting someone else. Then I would carry on with my original plan.

if I was detected prior to getting to the island

• Drop smoke immediately
  • Drop speed to reverse while doing a hard turn towards the airplanes (You want smoke up asap and turning towards the planes might cause them to overshoot and let you go dark before they can return for another run.

Edited by Camo68

[5D]
Members
851 posts
10,517 battles

by crying how cv are op , the only few player left playing cv have to 100% go for DD , dont blame cv blame and the snowflake that were crying out loud that there AA wasnt enough ....

• Confused 2
  • Boring 1

[SYN]
Members
3,618 posts
19,578 battles
11 minutes ago, dad003 said:

dont blame cv

No one blamed the CV, he simply asked what he could do differently.

[TDRB]
Members
3,364 posts
10,371 battles
13 minutes ago, dad003 said:

by crying how cv are op , the only few player left playing cv have to 100% go for DD , dont blame cv blame and the snowflake that were crying out loud that there AA wasnt enough ....

What is the purpose of this comment? It fails to address the question put forth by the OP.

Had my shortest battle ever tonight

It happens, take note & learn. But the most frustrating thing is this will happen sometimes even if you do everything right.

Community Department
3,024 posts
1,110 battles
2 hours ago, JER1971 said:

Hide contents

It looks strange, did you stay in the battle till your ship was sunked?
Because inactivity warning may only occur when player is in hurry to quit the battle before the ship sunk.

[ARCO]
Members
722 posts
1,227 battles

I have been in that situation a lot of times, if the CV wants you out you are out, despite doing all the correct things (smoke, going close to cruisers, dodge) once you are incapacitated and/or on fire you`re out.

[KNMSU]
Members
6,876 posts
7,519 battles
2 hours ago, turbo07 said:

Because inactivity warning may only occur when player is in hurry to quit the battle before the ship sunk.

I've been "false flagged" for this before, too. It's not a common occurrence, but it does happen.

• Cool 1

Members
817 posts
9,071 battles

..uhm..all comments above..... where do you see the OP charging the cap ???? Rest of the team clearly hesitated big time,than simply turned away. OPs DD was not even close to the cap. Sailing towards objectives is charging???  Unfortunate game meta, that teams do not like to take initiative anymore.   Also, game lines up the teams stupidly most of the time.Starting positions should encourage team play, putting ships in battle groups ,each group consisting all available classes.(not the CV obviously)Not a big deal when players know where to go,and what to do. So OP was on the weak flank,with no CA-Cl nearby for support,and Vlad had no intention to go with him . Had he turned to B,seeing no support, once the planes detected him, same thing would have happened... Planes were on him way too soon,,,the proposed starting delay for the CVs would have helped him to get closer to objectives,without detection... Than again,,,most likely,his team would not support that flank......

[TGO]
Members
53 posts
5,486 battles

About a year and half ago, I had a similar game. I was in the New Mexico. Had just got up to speed, had not even sighted any enemy yet. Came around an island, took a torp on the nose, Boom! Detonation, game over.  Just like that. It happens to all of us at some point.

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,044 posts
9,373 battles

Detonations are rough.  All you have to do is get hit and there is a chance of blowing up.

If you leave the game too soon after dying, the game sometimes registers you as having left before the game was over and gives you a pink status as a parting gift for dying.

[WOLF3]
Members
120 posts
11,153 battles

I did stay for the whole battle.  When I went back to port, there was a notification that the penalty was lifted.  I didn't post this hinting that CVs are OP or anything...just sharing my shortest battle.  I thought it was kinda funny getting whipped like that.

Members
1,059 posts
6,073 battles

Could players reporting him as afk (even though he wasnt) have anything to do with the pink?

Members
276 posts
9 hours ago, Camo68 said:

No one blamed the CV, he simply asked what he could do differently.

Umm, I've read and reread the OP and I don't see him asking a question at, just making a statement that "I've played a :etc_swear:ton of games and this was my shortest." 

[-BUI-]
Members
1,437 posts
4,379 battles
7 hours ago, turbo07 said:

Pretty sure he meant, Juliet Charlie flags.

Sign in to follow this