You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Usedcarjock

Sync Dropping

15 comments in this topic

[SEALZ]
Members
604 posts
6,798 battles

I just got out of a match where six players on the enemy team sync dropped. The match went as well as one could expect. Is this allowed? If it is I understand but... Jesus that was scummy. Really scummy.

[N-W-T]
Members
1,919 posts
7,566 battles
23 minutes ago, Usedcarjock said:

I just got out of a match where six players on the enemy team sync dropped. The match went as well as one could expect. Is this allowed? If it is I understand but... Jesus that was scummy. Really scummy.

Yes, it's allowed because it's not ruled out by MM.  Especially with big clans, you could have a lot of people divisioning at the same time.  Usually it's intentional to hit battle at the same time to sync drop, but technically it could be a coincidence, and if MM doesn't disallow it it can't really be against the rules. 

Divs on the opposite teams could be betraying positions in division chat/comms... that would obviously be a rules violation but basically impossible to detect or prove. 

[SEALZ]
Members
604 posts
6,798 battles
3 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Yes, it's allowed because it's not ruled out by MM.  Especially with big clans, you could have a lot of people divisioning at the same time.  Usually it's intentional to hit battle at the same time to sync drop, but technically it could be a coincidence, and if MM doesn't disallow it it can't really be against the rules. 

Divs on the opposite teams could be betraying positions in division chat/comms... that would obviously be a rules violation but basically impossible to detect or prove. 

I figured as much. Still kind of sucks that you have half of the enemy team in full voice communication versus randoms but such is the will of the matchmaker I suppose.

[PQUOD]
Members
2,059 posts
4,196 battles

6k games and this is the first time you've seen this? I mean it happens, you should have seen this by now. That doesn't quite add up.

[XBRTC]
Members
3,000 posts
9,703 battles
51 minutes ago, _TexasHammer_ said:

If I see my clan as the enemy, they are this first I want to kill. It's fun! 

This. Killing your red-team clanmates is always the top priority. Or it should be, anyway, if for no other reason than for bragging rights in the discord channel. 

• Cool 2

Members
1,063 posts
1,286 battles
2 hours ago, Usedcarjock said:

I figured as much. Still kind of sucks that you have half of the enemy team in full voice communication versus randoms but such is the will of the matchmaker I suppose.

Sure, but you could get a double div of a crappy clan on the other team too.

[NMKJT]
Members
3,972 posts
3 hours ago, Usedcarjock said:

You always kill clannies on the enemy team. You want bragging rights.

The flip side is there's no way programatically to stop it. People want to play with their friends. If that weren't allowed in game pretty soon you wouldn't have a game. 

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,245 posts
11,265 battles

Oh look, it is this thread again....

As wombat said usually clan members will focus other clanmates, usually for bragging rights.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
3,611 posts
19,503 battles

It always fun to kill a clan mate legally!

• Cool 3

[CUTER]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
392 posts
8,540 battles
4 hours ago, Usedcarjock said:

Much like others have said, it can be a coincidence to meet people in the same clan, it can be purposeful, etc. But with a "small" population like this, it's pretty normal to run into people you know often, which naturally extends to clan mates. In ranked for instance, it is very normal for clan members to run into each other game-after-game. You meet them once, finish the game, queue up and see them again, and repeat. So, it is hard to claim if people are actually sync dropping intentionally. Though if there's three or more divisions of a same clan in a game, then it is a safe bet (usually but again not always)it was intentional.

Some people like to just all hit battle at the same time with friends to fight each other (much like others here have described), all being on the same team is a possible bonus but it's hit or miss. Our clan for instance had its clan anniversary this month, so we did something similar as an event where there were large sync drops. About 19-24 people showed up for that part if I recall.

Some may question the fairness of having two divisions of the same clan on a team, but it's all chance whether they're paired together or not. And even then, giving up cause of a "stacked team" is not a good idea either. Your team will not be doomed if facing a team with multiple clan members, it'll be harder possibly, but still try. I myself witnessed a huge sync drop once where the enemy team had 9 out of 12 people from two clans (and 3 people on my team failed to pair up with them). It was such a lopsided defeat for the team with 9 coordinated members it was a magnificent sight to behold.

In all, just do your best in those situations and don't immediately assume foul play. Maybe you'll have a group someday in the future and group sync drop yourself for the funsies :Smile_hiding:

[187]
Members
1,625 posts
9,534 battles

There is a SIMPLE fix for this...a permanent "Clan Battle" button ...problem solved.

Scummy...really lol?

Edited by C_D

[NPG]
Members
156 posts
3,257 battles

So many people seem concerned that when they end up on opposite sides they are giving away positions. There might be some that do this but I can say that when a group I'm with ends up on opposite sides the rest of the battle becomes a secondary objective to us. All we care about is finding each other and trash talking in comms.

[-K-]
Members
7,328 posts
12,025 battles

Well, for every sync drop, there is still an equal chance half of your clan mates ending up on the opposite side.  Takes a lot of luck to get them all on the same team.

[TIAR]
Beta Testers
818 posts
15,760 battles

In our clan Saturday night is when if there are enough online we try to sync drop. Always is much more fun if we are on opposite teams, and a screenshot posted in Discord if you killed one of ours is mandatory.