You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MoeLykit

Assigning Captains to Multiple ships?

10 comments in this topic

[5IN]
Members
306 posts
21,954 battles

So it's not a big problem. but I have several captains I use on multiple ships.  Would it be feasible to be able to assign a captain to multiple ships? I find it difficult to find the captain I like to use on certain premiums sometimes having to go through 3-4 19 point captains trying to remember which one I like best on which ships.  I think a feature to have a captain assigned to a tech tree ship and then being able to idk star or tag him for use on the premiums he works well with just for ease of locating the proper captain when I'm playing a ship.  I know this issue only effects players like me with 200 ships in port and oodles of 19 point captains (I Know First world problems right) but I think it would be useful so when I select a premium and click to add the captain that a certain captain I have designated shows up at the top of the list.  I could even go with a "auto add last equipped captain" button or something.  I don't know how difficult this would be to implement just a gameplay feature I would love to see added. 

[5IN]
Members
306 posts
21,954 battles

I don't like running mods but thank you I wasn't aware of that lol

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
674 posts

post it note beside puter with name of ship and preferred captain?

[INTEL]
Members
7,310 posts
31,969 battles
5 minutes ago, Ozium said:

post it note beside puter with name of ship and preferred captain?

Windows 10 comes with a free Post-It notes. I have them all over the monitors (2) and jot notes on what captain needs the next point's upgrade and whatnot.

[USCGC]
Members
430 posts
3,669 battles

I use the mod out of the Modstation by Monstrotil, called Simple Crew. It's easy to use once you set a Captain to a particular ship.

In my case, my primary BB Captain is assigned to the North Carolina (tech tree), but I also use him in the Texas, WV 41, Arizona, and Alabama daily. I'm trying to get him to 19 points and he's nearly at 17 now. With the Simple Crew mod, two clicks and he's on whichever ship I want to use.

[GWG]
Supertester
22,872 posts
12,799 battles
1 hour ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Aslains has a mod for that.  Return commander to ship.

The problem with that is you have to assign captains to each ship. This should be built in to the game.

• Cool 1

[5IN]
Members
306 posts
21,954 battles

usually if its on aslains and popular it gets integrated eventually

[A-O]
Members
786 posts
8,136 battles
2 hours ago, MoeLykit said:

So it's not a big problem. but I have several captains I use on multiple ships.  Would it be feasible to be able to assign a captain to multiple ships? I find it difficult to find the captain I like to use on certain premiums...

I use a 3x5 index card per ship for important base info in large bold print.

Edited by freggo
content correction