Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
thebigblue

Shopping cart. Premium shop. WHY NOT???

18 comments in this topic

[SIDE]
Members
2,648 posts

4 items from a typical retail website.

Amazon shopping cart - 1 bill

Home Depot shopping cart - 1 bill

New eggs shopping cart - 1 bill

Joe and schmoes widget warehouse  - 1bill

BUT WAIT, WARGAMING HAS A WAY MORE ANNOYING SHOPPING CART (none)

Say I want to buy 20 signals, 2 crates, 14 days premium time and then decide some doubloons might go well for desert...

Wargaming shopping cart - 4 separate bills for 4 separate transactions??

Many of us have spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars over the years and the shopping cart is just as ridiculous now as it was in 6.0!! 

Come on wargaming! Give us a proper shopping cart or at least explain why not. Please and thank you.

Edited by thebigblue
Clarification for the confused emoji’rs
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 3

[NG-NL]
Members
6,003 posts
9,654 battles

And where's your quarter to rent the cart for the shopping trip?

[SIDE]
Members
2,648 posts
1 hour ago, Reymu said:

And where's your quarter to rent the cart for the shopping trip?

Suggesting they would charge a “user fee” for a streamlined consumer experience? I didn’t even blink...Lol!

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
2,932 posts
3,230 battles
7 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

Suggesting they would charge a “user fee” for a streamlined consumer experience? I didn’t even blink...Lol!

I'd being willing to pay an extra twenty five cents for a shopping cart.

I mean seriously, how the hell does a major online company in 2019 not have a shopping cart? I have almost no coding experience, and I'm pretty sure I could do it. Coding is literally what WG does, they have people who do it for a living? There is no excuse.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
7,318 posts
32,054 battles

Another one of the oft requested - easy to do - features that are missing.

Add it to the list along with the button to un-mount all flags, and the AND vs OR bug in the carousel, and... the list goes on.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
11,619 posts
4,550 battles

You're not discovering the issue anew.  A shopping cart has been requested for more than 2 years. There actually was one for a short time, but it never seemed to work.

WG defeated.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,087 posts
17 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

You're not discovering the issue anew.  A shopping cart has been requested for more than 2 years. There actually was one for a short time, but it never seemed to work.

WG defeated.

Never left port to be sure! 

No you see... it has to do with revenue... and this is just not important to them. 

But seriously think about this for a moment... have they never heard of impulse buying? Wish lists? Can you imagine how much money they've never collected because the whole cart interface is not even present? 

Well... At least Aldi gives you your quarter back when you're done shopping! 

Members
1,059 posts
6,073 battles
28 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

WG defeated.

And how many have had bounceback issues due to $.99 usd purchases via credit card? Shopping cart would mitigate some of that nonsense as well.

[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,803 posts
4,866 battles
43 minutes ago, Xanshin said:

And how many have had bounceback issues due to $.99 usd purchases via credit card? Shopping cart would mitigate some of that nonsense as well.

I don't have that problem. I just pay 5$ a month and I get unlimited transaction 

Members
766 posts
2 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

I mean seriously, how the hell does a major online company in 2019 not have a shopping cart? I have almost no coding experience, and I'm pretty sure I could do it. Coding is literally what WG does, they have people who do it for a living? There is no excuse.

That's the problem with most of you guys always willing to spend more  for something that is free on 1,000s of web sites and then come here to complain about the high costs of pixel boats.

Members
1,264 posts
15,996 battles

Why not???

Because WG/WoWS needed a way to demonstrate that no matter what we may ask for and no matter how logical the request we aren't worth listening too. Over the years I've encountered very few companies that have treated their customer base as poorly as WG/WoWS treats us.

• Cool 1

[SIDE]
Members
2,648 posts
2 hours ago, alexf24 said:

Another one of the oft requested - easy to do - features that are missing.

Add it to the list along with the button to un-mount all flags, and the AND vs OR bug in the carousel, and... the list goes on.

Yeah I get it. However, streamlining the my-cash-for-your-widgets process is business 101. Can you imagine ordering 2 large pizzas, a 2 liter of soda, some breadsticks and a few sauce pods from Pizza Hut or dominos and having to run through the checkout process 5-6 times?? Ridiculous. 

They might do well to allow single-swipe diverse multi product transactions. 

Edited by thebigblue

Members
1,285 posts
2,399 battles

Nah they would rather you get a call from your bank asking about suspicious activity everytime you want to buy more than a couple things at a time.

[SIDE]
Members
2,648 posts
9 hours ago, Krupp_Sabot said:

Nah they would rather you get a call from your bank asking about suspicious activity everytime you want to buy more than a couple things at a time.

That’s happened more than once. Cyprus I think. Pops hot on bank fraud alert. Causes difficulties when grocery line stretches behind me.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,546 posts
3,895 battles
13 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

Epic clearly agrees that a shopping cart isn't necessary.

[H_]
Members
628 posts
10,856 battles

LOL..  This is Awesome..  I actually find it to be utterly amazing at this point that a company that "NEEDS" you to spend money on the game to survive can't even make it "EASIER" to do so..   I find it hard to believe there is not an "off the shelf" program that can't be used by WG..  I mean seriously WG you can model and program some really really detailed ship skins but you can't program a freaking shopping cart?

ok, so maybe there is some kind of "law" holding them up?   legal issues?  i mean that would be a easy statement " WG - we are sorry we cannot produce a shopping cart at this time do to legal issues surrounding it's implementation"..

I can honestly say that i know i would have spent more money on this game then the ridiculous amount I've already spent if there had been a Shopping cart.. That is a fact.. 

Actually somewhere before this thread there was a response if i recall from WG about the shopping cart.. It was a while ago though.. I think it was a resource issue if i recall.. maybe all wet on this though, memory not what it used to be.

And yeah my bank frowns those multiple back to back oversea's transactions as well.. 

[SIDE]
Members
2,648 posts
15 hours ago, S16_Hunter said:

LOL..  This is Awesome..  I actually find it to be utterly amazing at this point that a company that "NEEDS" you to spend money on the game to survive can't even make it "EASIER" to do so..   I find it hard to believe there is not an "off the shelf" program that can't be used by WG..  I mean seriously WG you can model and program some really really detailed ship skins but you can't program a freaking shopping cart?

ok, so maybe there is some kind of "law" holding them up?   legal issues?  i mean that would be a easy statement " WG - we are sorry we cannot produce a shopping cart at this time do to legal issues surrounding it's implementation"..

I can honestly say that i know i would have spent more money on this game then the ridiculous amount I've already spent if there had been a Shopping cart.. That is a fact.. 

Actually somewhere before this thread there was a response if i recall from WG about the shopping cart.. It was a while ago though.. I think it was a resource issue if i recall.. maybe all wet on this though, memory not what it used to be.

And yeah my bank frowns those multiple back to back oversea's transactions as well.. 

Not just the bank. My spouse. I get an earful for spending $25 or more dollars a month out my acct on my internet “warship geekfest.” Multiple transactions = more noise. Come on wargaming!! Help us out!!

Sign in to follow this