Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

I Am Simply Furious!

17 comments in this topic

[WORX]
Members
6,510 posts
16,196 battles

hmmm 4 DDs per side match? With a very low Rocket count... I dont think you went after big ships...

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Boring 1

[HELLS]
Members
2,354 posts
22,939 battles
11 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

hmmm 4 DDs per side match? With a very low Rocket count... I dont think you went after big ships...

Does it matter? That is what CVs are for. The big boys you get in endgame if you last that long and have any planes left.

Members
932 posts
4,027 battles

Out of the 3 british CVs I owned, Furious was my favorite, although I'll say that I haven't played too much battles in the Hermes or Implacable and I still suck at playing CVs

[WORX]
Members
6,510 posts
16,196 battles
2 minutes ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

Does it matter? That is what CVs are for. The big boys you get in endgame if you last that long and have any planes left.

considering the amount of disdain over Sky cancer VS small ships... Gloating  about it will not help the cause...

• Funny 1

[-BUI-]
Members
1,437 posts
4,379 battles
12 minutes ago, richie_macrophage said:

Out of the 3 british CVs I owned, Furious was my favorite, although I'll say that I haven't played too much battles in the Hermes or Implacable and I still suck at playing CVs

Agreed, I enjoyed Furious when I was playing it, felt it was the best British CV Tier for Tier, never did get Audacious since Implacable  was pretty awful and I couldn't bring myself to keep playing it.   Its basically Furious again, but always 2+ tiers down

Edited by Zenn3k

[PQUOD]
Members
3,085 posts
11,714 battles

Congratulations! I need to pick up the torpedo accelerator captain skill for that ship. I do like how it's TB 's turn on a dime though.

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,086 posts
2 hours ago, Zenn3k said:

Agreed, I enjoyed Furious when I was playing it, felt it was the best British CV Tier for Tier, never did get Audacious since Implacable  was pretty awful and I couldn't bring myself to keep playing it.   Its basically Furious again, but always 2+ tiers down

Well if you compare Audie to any other ship you might say "meh"... but if you take her on her own, she's not bad... in fact she had an advantage with "tough" aircraft over the other two lines, but they were slower because of that advantage. Since 0.8.5.1 my carriers have barely left port. 

Looking at upcoming patches, they're gonna be sitting in port a long time.

WoWS/WG decisions needed to be choices. In regard to their decisions involving carriers, at every turn, they decided on the wrong path, IMO. So many easier ways to have tuned the game if they had only sat down and made logical choices. 

Tell me - who wants to drop $60 USD on a moving target like say, the Ark Royal? Simply as a ship TYPE they have yet to be settled. 

Call me Harpy - cause I'm gonna harp on the fact they messed with more than one carrier commander skill yet expect the player to respec their commanders. Had they done that to any other type, there would have been a free respec. 

Oh well... Yammy's playing fine and so's the RUBB line so in the end, who really cares? My carriers can sit in port, hold a commander and take up a slot till the cows come home. 

The rest of you carrier guys with the cash can respec your commanders and buy some perma-camo to reduce the costs. I'll just watch for now. 

Boo hoo hoo... :cap_haloween:What a maroon... (me)... as if WoWS/WG cares about my opinion. :cap_haloween::cap_haloween:

Edited by Herr_Reitz
  • Cool 1

[KAPPA]
Members
2,132 posts
7,006 battles
2 hours ago, Zenn3k said:

I mean, the only place Implacable is all that similar is the torps, which I'd argue are still nice if you skip the upgrade, as they regen much faster that way, and a little faster than those that Furious gets. Her drop bombs? 2 more bombs per plane, up from 6. That's a 33% increase in ordinance! Rockets? From 6 to 10 per plane, increasing the rocket count by 66%! Sure, the drop bombs lose some fire chance, but it's not a big loss. But the rockets? Ohh, those rockets can burn things! From a 5% fire chance up to 9%! By T8, you're practically burning things like a RN BB!

Ohh, and don't even get me started on Audacious... She's everything I ever wanted Midway to be, but with that RN twist. She plays more like a T10 Lexington than Midway ever could. Her bombs are the same number as Furious per plane, but have a third plane, meaning that no longer will there be a line of drops missing the exact center! She gets a third torp per drop, and it is fantastic how easy these things are to use, just like with Lexington or Enterprise! And the rockets, ohh baby... From 10 to 14, but that's not all! She gets a third plane! So it's from 20 per salvo to 42! 42! That is downright devastating to anything she aims them at.

Audacious rarely doesn't set something ablaze with every salvo.

Members
1,262 posts
15,973 battles

A CV Kracken???

With all the moaning about OP AA I see on the board I would have thought that to be close to impossible.

Good job.:Smile_great:

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this