You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
I_Potato_Ther4_I_Yam

Remove all signals button.

28 comments in this topic

[WOLF7]
Members
12,289 posts
6 minutes ago, I_Potato_Ther4_I_Yam said:

Please add one.  The Port is still laggy and dealing with all the stuttering when removing one flag I'd rather just click one button.  Thank you.

A long overdue addition, but doubt we'll see it.

Surprised to hear you're still having port issues, last patch seems to have cleared up port lag completely for me.

Members
516 posts
4,309 battles
1 minute ago, awiggin said:

A long overdue addition, but doubt we'll see it.

Surprised to hear you're still having port issues, last patch seems to have cleared up port lag completely for me.

It's not as bad as before but it still stutters when interacting with the interface.  It may have more to do with my machine than WG at this point.

• Cool 1

[WAG]
Members
1,865 posts
11,065 battles
28 minutes ago, I_Potato_Ther4_I_Yam said:

Please add one.  The Port is still laggy and dealing with all the stuttering when removing one flag I'd rather just click one button.  Thank you.

I suggested this ages ago... plus the use of check boxes next to each signal flag, make it a one screen interface instead of all the clicky sub menu interfaces..

as in the below mock up....

..let alone new maps

SignalFlagMenu.jpg

• Cool 5

[INTEL]
Members
7,310 posts
31,969 battles

Been asked before many times.

Deaf ears it seems. At least you would expect a response, one way or the other.

[INTEL]
Members
11,367 posts
31,838 battles

Asked and asked and asked.

But at least we have emblems.....

• Funny 2

Members
768 posts
18,340 battles
32 minutes ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

I suggested this ages ago... plus the use of check boxes next to each signal flag, make it a one screen interface instead of all the clicky sub menu interfaces..

..let alone new maps

SignalFlagMenu.jpg

At this point, I'm convinced that WG doesn't employ a dedicated UI/UX designer and the 2 or 3 developers they have are all busy churning out one T9/10 premium after another.

That mock-up you have there is pretty much one of the most basic UI elements out there. I have games from the mid-'90s that have this ability.

• Cool 2

[O-PN]
Members
2,107 posts
4,424 battles
1 hour ago, I_Potato_Ther4_I_Yam said:

But you can't accidentally burn through them if there's a way to take them off easily, and if you don't unintentionally burn through them, how on earth are they going to get you to pay for more?

Besides, things like "return captain to tech tree ship" options on premiums should come first.  As for laggy port, I don't have that issue.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
3,964 posts
17,930 battles

Mine wasn't as fancy a mockup but it presented the same feature  - submitted in a post last December.

image.png.8864bfcb5d567607007de268f9c3cabb.png

It never hurts to be the squeaky wheel...

• Cool 3

[RLGN]
Members
12,049 posts
21,607 battles
14 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

“It’s too hard”

Yet they somehow found time for the update which shall not be named.

• Cool 1

[KAPPA]
Members
2,131 posts
7,006 battles

The one thing I worry about is removing 8 signals at once crashing the game.

Seriously, think about it! Imagine 8x that lag all at once!

• Cool 1

[KEGEL]
Members
210 posts
9,384 battles

Yep long overdue.

Would also like a global 'dont charge me gold if I run out of flags/camp's button

Got caught out the other week during x200 first win when I burnt thru my stack of type 59 camos, lost 600g before I realised what was happening..

Edited by SlightlyComatose
  • Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
8,706 posts
22,017 battles
31 minutes ago, SlightlyComatose said:

Yep long overdue.

Would also like a global 'dont charge me gold if I run out of flags/camp's button

Got caught out the other week during x200 first win when I burnt thru my stack of type 59 camps, lost 600g before I realised what was happening..

I used to think this was just poor game design but players have been complaining about this since I started playing three years ago and nothing has been done to correct it. Now I think it is intentionally designed this way in order to bleed doubloons from players.  The "mount all" and "demount all" buttons have also been requested as long as I can remember. IMHO the only reason there has been no action on these items is lack of ability or lack of will to address the issues.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
7,328 posts
12,025 battles
13 hours ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

..let alone new maps

SignalFlagMenu.jpg

We needed this ages ago.  I have so many ships in port that are fully mounted with flags that I simply don't want to spend the time to de-mount them all.

@Kami, can this suggestion be brought up again to the devs?

• Cool 1

Members
276 posts
14 hours ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

..let alone new maps

SignalFlagMenu.jpg

Should say "mount selected" not "mount all." "Mount all" would mean 'Mount all flags' and that's only possibly if you have 8 or less different flags in stock. 

Otherwise, yes. 

• Cool 1

Members
276 posts
12 hours ago, Khafni said:

Mine wasn't as fancy a mockup but it presented the same feature  - submitted in a post last December.

image.png.8864bfcb5d567607007de268f9c3cabb.png

It never hurts to be the squeaky wheel...

There you go, though "demount selected" isn't absolutely needed, you could demount all and reselect. 

[DPG]
Supertester
545 posts
13,243 battles

That would be a fantastic and welcome option User_the_n00b

I have been begging WG for similar in the clan chat/messaging system. 

Right now there are check boxes beside every clan member - but no option to "message all selected" - So any clan wide communications must go out in individual messages - and there is a weird lag issue - so each message must be sent 1-5 times per member to actually send.. a LOT of copy paste click to organize clan battles, etc. 

so all they have to do is simply add an option to the drop down menu regarding clan members to "send message to all selected" and problem solved !! 

I have also suggested that to prevent spam, restrict multi messaging to clan officers, and then also - they can only multi message send to clan members - super simple!! 

---

Currently - the in game "tweet box" is very restrictive to message clan mates, so most of our communication is done via Discord and the Website i had to set up for this game - A LOT of work for a game that is supposedly multi player friendly. 

someday ... 

Good Hunting! 

Kar

[LOSC]
Members
468 posts

Be careful what you ask for as they may add this option but would need Doubloons

to demount like our ship mods.

Wouldn't it just take a script mod to remove selected flags using xml or whatnot.

[HINON]
Members
3,179 posts
23,382 battles
14 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Yet they somehow found time for the update which shall not be named.

And they somehow found the time and resources to travel to Japan to study Yammy blueprints to make model changes that are just barely noticeable. 

[O_O]
Members
3,964 posts
17,930 battles
2 hours ago, User_the_n00b said:

There you go, though "demount selected" isn't absolutely needed, you could demount all and reselect. 

True, that. Any "quality of life" enhancement with flags would be appreciated...

[ARSE]
Members
45 posts
5,714 battles

A "Re-mount last" Button would also be nice. So you can demount all signals if you want to say run a co-op just to finish a mission, and then remount what you had before to go back into randoms.

• Cool 1

Members
220 posts
1,554 battles
18 hours ago, awiggin said:

"There's no money in it"

Next Week:

Attention, Commanders! A "Demount All Signals" button is now available in the Premium Shop.

• Funny 1