Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Smthkd

Concealment in Open Waters NEEDS NERF

95 comments in this topic

[N-W-T]
Members
22 posts
1,809 battles

So I know Im going to get alot of flack for this BUT concealment on the cruisers and destroyer are WAY past being insane. It makes absolutely NO sense that these ships are concealed in open waters without the smoke. This has got to change. YES they carry a crazy amount of torpedoes and YES they have a smaller amount of health. But that is the fair exchange between the larger Battleships which are slower and turns like crap. Im getting sick of being less than 10km from a fraken cruiser that sits in one fraken spot and just drop torps all fraken game and never spotted. I mean seriously not even a plane spots the bastards. Sorry for my language. This is ridiculous! IMHO.

...I know some of you (especially the cruiser and destroyer players) disagree but why have smoke if you cant see the little bastards anyway?

BTW: Hella first post right? XD

• Cool 1
  • Funny 7
  • Confused 11
  • Boring 13
  • Angry 4

[WORX]
Members
6,419 posts
16,183 battles

talking low tier???? I dont see this in the upper tiers at all.

Low tier cruisers  hitting BBs with torps ? Man that is unheard  in any tier... If DDs only have a %9 torp hit.... How does a cruiser doing any better ?

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 1

[CAST]
Members
4,772 posts
3,337 battles

First off, very few cruisers can stealth torp reliably.

Second, the whole concealment mechanic is there for balancing purposes to counter the fact that battleships and battleship guns are really really powerful when the enemy is spotted.

So if you greatly nerf DD and cruiser concealment, in what way would you like BBs to get massively nerfed to compensate exactly?

[SIM]
Members
4,215 posts
7,238 battles

You have no idea what you’re talking about, which is ok because you’re newer than new, but still. 

• Cool 2
  • Angry 1

[CAST]
Members
4,772 posts
3,337 battles
Just now, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

My only problem with this is with the kamikaze. There is literally no counter for a battleship against them - you just die.

You mean aside for zig zagging every few seconds to throw off torps aimed at your current heading? Like everybody else does in the game when they are suddenly spotted by an unseen enemy?

• Cool 6

[SALVO]
Members
790 posts
5,127 battles
1 minute ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

My only problem with this is with the kamikaze. There is literally no counter for a battleship against them - you just die.

I mean you could wasd and turn away . 

[N-W-T]
Members
22 posts
1,809 battles

I wish I new which ship it was! XD But Im shocked no one thinks a ship in open waters invisible isn't a issue!

• Boring 1

[R-F]
Members
1,584 posts
9,604 battles

You're very new to the game.  I know the concealment mechanic can see a bit strange but generally the ships that benefit from it the most are the ones that would get deleted the quickest if they didn't have it.

I know it's a cliche suggestion at this point, but I'd suggest trying out the ships that seem so unstoppable to you.  Usually you'll get some new perspective on the subject.

• Cool 4

Members
891 posts

Having trouble seeing cruisers and destroyers from the edge of the map?

Move toward the center of the map and you will be able to see them.

• Funny 3

[WORX]
Members
6,419 posts
16,183 battles
3 minutes ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

Of course their are counters...

• Your teammate called/sailing a cruiser AND
  • WASD hack..

The kami can't defend itself  against Sky cancer.. I agree Kami VS Sky cancer, sky cancer win %90 of the time

Edited by Navalpride33

[N-W-T]
Members
22 posts
1,809 battles
1 minute ago, SkaerKrow said:

You have no idea what you’re talking about, which is ok because you’re newer than new, but still. 

So explain to me how it work since your the genius! I mean torpedoes just fraken appear in the middle of the ocean without a smoke screen?

[-BUI-]
Members
1,435 posts
4,344 battles
9 minutes ago, Smthkd said:

So I know Im going to get alot of flack for this BUT concealment on the cruisers and destroyer are WAY past being insane. It makes absolutely NO sense that these ships are concealed in open waters without the smoke. This has got to change. YES they carry a crazy amount of torpedoes and YES they have a smaller amount of health. But that is the fair exchange between the larger Battleships which are slower and turns like crap. Im getting sick of being less than 10km from a fraken cruiser that sits in one fraken spot and just drop torps all fraken game and never spotted. I mean seriously not even a plane spots the bastards. Sorry for my language. This is ridiculous! IMHO.

...I know some of you (especially the cruiser and destroyer players) disagree but why have smoke if you cant see the little bastards anyway?

The game has existed for like 3+ years like this, if you don't like it, don't play.  

You can't come to a forum, having barely touched the game, and start demanding whole-sale changes to it.  

Either learn how to play the game like the rest of us, or don't play the game at all.  

• Cool 1

[KNMSU]
Members
6,819 posts
7,440 battles
Just now, KaptainKaybe said:

You mean aside for zig zagging every few seconds to throw off torps aimed at your current heading? Like everybody else does in the game when they are suddenly spotted by an unseen enemy?

21 knot American battleships can zigzag all they like. The Kamikaze is reloading torpedoes, what - every 21 seconds? And firing from 6km? It's a freaking joke.

People call Giulio a seal clubber, but it has *nothing* on that monstrosity.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[-BUI-]
Members
1,435 posts
4,344 battles
Just now, Smthkd said:

Seriously dude! That sounds just a stupid as its written, Goodbye!

The only thing stupid here is the guy with 106 battles saying "THIS HAS TO CHANGE" because he cannot learn how to play.  

Toodles, nobody will miss you.

• Cool 3

Members
3,200 posts
4,322 battles
7 minutes ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

Hint hint. It's CVs.

[WOLFG]
Members
6,937 posts
4,987 battles

There are not many cruisers that can torp someone and remain hidden.  And most of those would need the enemy to drive in to them.

[_SMS_]
Members
936 posts
4,235 battles

This guy is a brand new bouncing baby BB driver through and through.  I thought the moaning about BBs having to fight other ships and actually needing some awareness was developed over time...turns out they are born with that frame of mind!

You seem to be racing up a single tech tree line without bothering to learn all ship types.  Good luck figuring out where the weaknesses are and teamwork / dependency aspects of the game.

• Cool 1

[3COWS]
Members
710 posts
12 minutes ago, Smthkd said:

This is actually more about learning to play and learning the ships you use and learning about the ships you are up against. 

I am a Battle Ship main, what I do is either use a lot of High Tier German Battle ships as I have hydro which means I know when and where torpedoes come from. 

I should also know roughly where a Cruiser or a DD is based on where I am being spotted from, like between islands is the only place they could be sitting etc... (you get this after having played a few thousand battles) 

So the current system is fine, there is just a lot to learn about what you should be doing. 

Good Luck!

[CAST]
Members
4,772 posts
3,337 battles
Just now, StoneRhino said:

Hint hint. It's CVs.

Not to mention other DDs as Kamikaze's guns may as well not exist given that anemic rate of fire.

5 minutes ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

21 knot American battleships can zigzag all they like. The Kamikaze is reloading torpedoes, what - every 21 seconds? And firing from 6km? It's a freaking joke.

Kamikaze torp reload is 47s base. But yes, Kamikaze, in the hands of an experienced IJN DD player, is indeed a massive seal clubber. But it's mostly a seal clubber because lower tier BB drivers, especially newer ones, have not heard of the WASD hack.

[N-W-T]
Members
22 posts
1,809 battles
1 minute ago, Zenn3k said:

The only thing stupid here is the guy with 106 battles saying "THIS HAS TO CHANGE" because he cannot learn how to play.  

Toodles, nobody will miss you.

How about you just leave! Its my opinion. Just because you feel differently dosen't mean a damn thing. I could care less if the game was 1 day old Id say the same thing. So have a nice day! :)

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3

[PSV]
Privateers, Supertester
699 posts
5,596 battles
8 minutes ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

Change of direction is the second most important factor in dodging torps, not speed. The USN BBs turn fairly well, so they can dodge torps pretty well given that they have situational awareness and WASD hacks. 

The first most important to dodging torps, especially Kamikaze torps, is to sail away from the DD. Low tier DDs do not have the range to hit you with chasing torps. Butt-in, kite, and laugh as the DD has no chance of torping you. 

Edited by mrmariokartguy
  • Cool 2

[DAKI]
Privateers, Members
8,903 posts
7,831 battles
8 minutes ago, Smthkd said:

But Im shocked no one thinks a ship in open waters invisible isn't a issue!

Because it really isn‘t. You see, the game is trying to balance around a 1v1v1 system. So one DD is worth as much as a Cruiser, which is worth is much as a BB. BBs have by default an armor and firepower advantage, with the game mechanics (such as armor angling and the counter, called overmatch) strengthening this relation. To compensate the game gives concealment to destroyers to disengage and reposition using stealth, and to launch torpedoes in the cases where it‘s possible.

As a Battleship you can counteract this by changing course and speed between salvos. Doing that will make most torps miss you.

• Cool 1