You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ducky_shot

Great logic, WG..... Smh

47 comments in this topic

[OO7]
Members
5,788 posts
12,700 battles

I do not get WarGaming logic here at all. They say that making the season t8 makes it so more players will be able to participate, watering down the available player base. Ummm.... You gave out rental ships to anyone with a t8 before this season. Anyone with a t8 ship could participate before, just as much as they are able to o participate now. 

I do appreciate the acknowledgement that summer is a busy time and giving us a supposedly more relaxed season lowering the amount needed for a team. Yet the requirements for all levels of battles are the same, 30 battles. However, nerfing the rewards because of a supposedly watered down player base (already proven to be a fallacy above) making it easier to achieve hurricane is a joke. The teams at typhoon and hurricane are going to be as tough as ever. If there are new clans and players playing only because they just achieved t8 ships, chances aee, those clans aren't going to be getting out of storm. And how can you acknowledge that summer is busy and not as many people available, nerf the rewards and then expect the same amount of playing time from an individual?

How does this make any sense to you guys?? I was thinking the more relaxed season and nerfed rewards would be coupled with lower requirements, perhaps 25 battles at each level or something, but I guess finishing the logic and common sense road wasn't going to happen. 

Screenshot_20190716-113913.png

• Cool 4

[WOLF7]
Members
12,289 posts

Last ditch effort to save CB? The numbers have been tanking ever since the 2nd season and WG needs to drag more players and teams in.

Problem is, they simply refuse to admit the player base at large simply ins't interested in that kind of organized team play.

And if you read between the lines...."making it easier for veterans of CB to reach Hurricane" Meaning they think they can get more targets for the actual serious players....:Smile_teethhappy:

Short term fix, because even if players manage to get a team up that couldn't before, they'll get steam rolled a few times, and decide they aren't having fun......

[WHARF]
Members
182 posts
14,759 battles
10 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Last ditch effort to save CB? The numbers have been tanking ever since the 2nd season and WG needs to drag more players and teams in.

Problem is, they simply refuse to admit the player base at large simply ins't interested in that kind of organized team play.

And if you read between the lines...."making it easier for veterans of CB to reach Hurricane" Meaning they think they can get more targets for the actual serious players....:Smile_teethhappy:

Short term fix, because even if players manage to get a team up that couldn't before, they'll get steam rolled a few times, and decide they aren't having fun......

Sorry that not true...my clan is active in CB....and we always have a team to play against...my clan waits for CB....It is pne of the best modes to play

[OO7]
Members
5,788 posts
12,700 battles
16 minutes ago, Salvo_Creative said:

I think this was done to stop the clans all taking Shima's, or all Minos etc... the brutal broken ship combos

All akizukis? All kutuzovs? 

[H_]
Members
2,917 posts
13,374 battles

There isn't a level in this game that there aren't ways to exploit the process.....

We can't even field a clan team anymore.  If they were smart, they'd figure a way to create "composite" teams for these battles and call the composite teams "the privateer league"....  

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,086 posts
1 hour ago, Asym_KS said:

There isn't a level in this game that there aren't ways to exploit the process.....

We can't even field a clan team anymore.  If they were smart, they'd figure a way to create "composite" teams for these battles and call the composite teams "the privateer league"....  

Asked for mercenary option a long, LONG time ago on their very first go'round... nope. Requiring clans to muster commanders at specific dates/times reduces your participation. 

Given the option to be a merc' makes it a whole new game. Small clans members could then play, gaining access to the same rewards as others. A team would be limited to the number of merc's allowed on their team, maybe two max. 

It's a dream... 

• Cool 3

Members
768 posts
18,340 battles
1 hour ago, Ducky_shot said:

All akizukis? All kutuzovs? 

Can confirm all Akizuki formations are brutal. Absolutely no counterplay. Death by dakka from chain smoke in mins.

[R-F]
Members
1,584 posts
9,604 battles

Hurricane clans at the end of each ranked season, North America:

1. None (Hurricane league not introduced yet)

2. 46 clans

3. 14 clans

4. 23 clans

5. 25 clans

It's not just about participation levels though.  Wargaming can tweak how easy it is to advance by whatever secret formula they're using to give points for wins and subtract points for losses.  So we'll see how it goes this time.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,523 posts
3,895 battles
10 minutes ago, yacskn said:

Can confirm all Akizuki formations are brutal. Absolutely no counterplay. Death by dakka from chain smoke in mins.

And then Kagero torpedoes the smoke cloud and gets three Double Strike medals because Akizuki turns like a barn on roller skates.

• Funny 1

[ALL41]
Members
479 posts
10,273 battles
28 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Requiring clans to muster commanders at specific dates/times reduces your participation. 

We had an issue with this last season, and solved it by promoting quite a few veteran members to "Recruiter."     Commanders, Dep Commanders, and Recruiters can create/start a Clan Battle division.    Food for thought.   

[WOLFC]
Members
2,127 posts
12,083 battles

"Tier VIII ships will allow for the participation of Clan members without high-tier ships."

Hmmm, revealing ... I always thought Tier 8 was a high tier ship.

Members
2,225 posts
6,255 battles
44 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Asked for mercenary option a long, LONG time ago on their very first go'round... nope. Requiring clans to muster commanders at specific dates/times reduces your participation. 

Given the option to be a merc' makes it a whole new game. Small clans members could then play, gaining access to the same rewards as others. A team would be limited to the number of merc's allowed on their team, maybe two max. 

It's a dream... 

I'm not sure about the merc thing, I know it was tried out in the old Team Battles format but haven't heard about it since then. 

But the problem of mustering the required number of players at a specific narrow window is, and will continue to be, a challenge for a number of clans. In our clan, it's a real issue.  Most of our players are active after 8pm Pacific Time which is outside the Prime Time window set for the NA server.  Alternative servers can help clans who need to play earlier in the day than normal but is completely useless to those that need to play later in the day.  At best, we can put a team together on a Sunday afternoon, but most times this isn't possible either. 

Going into a 6v6 mode will be a bit helpful and getting away from the T10 grind will also be a nice change of pace. 

[WOLF9]
Members
4,213 posts
44 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

It's a dream... 

That would be helpful.  I know my clan has spent quite a bit of time waiting for enough players to make a team.  After six, the last two sometimes are the biggest struggle, lol.  

And then, since we ARE the Lone Wolves- we often don't do so well because most of us haven't played together as a team very much...  It's fun to try anyway, and get some steel, but guys start drifiting away quickly unless we are winning... (or if the battles become passive camp-fests.)   We often have better luck divving up to play OPS.

Anyhow, I like the merc option.  +1.

As for someone else's comment,  I wonder if it might be fun to try a season in one of the lower tiers.   I know, someone will always find that overpowering synergistic combination of ships and do it to death,  But some tiers have ships that just lend themselves to that.  (much more than others)   Plus, battles in those tiers are much less about hiding and camping (to avoid being blapped out of hand), and more about active battling.   The bonus here would be a much larger pool of eligible players.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
9,949 posts
13,865 battles

Honestly I don't care what they do with clan battles..... hence the Lone Wolves clans. 

But yeah the logic seem inconsistent. 

Members
768 posts
18,340 battles
1 hour ago, KiyoSenkan said:

And then Kagero torpedoes the smoke cloud and gets three Double Strike medals because Akizuki turns like a barn on roller skates.

Of course in your mind, all the DDs are piled up in the same smoke. Instead of playing like people who actually know what they are doing.

Who spots for the Akis in smoke in your scenario I wonder?

(By the way, how do you have almost 23,000 posts, but only 4000 games? That's mind-boggling.)

• Boring 2

[KAG]
Members
150 posts
7,295 battles
3 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

We can't even field a clan team anymore.  If they were smart, they'd....

If they were smart, they would leave the clan they were in.

I never understand this. There are literally hundreds of clans that actively play CB. If you want to play CB, why would you stay in your broken clan that doesn’t? 

All of you can pick up and move together if you want to stay together. It is totally nonsensical to stay in the dead clan and say, “Well, we can’t play because of the requirements.” 

• Cool 4

[-TKS-]
Members
752 posts
12,159 battles

maybe WG's logic is that people didnt want to play rentals in cb ,maybe  cause the camo or fitting the ship out with mods /captains. maybe they assume t8 captain with fully kitted ships are more willing to participate .   

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,523 posts
3,895 battles
23 minutes ago, yacskn said:

Of course in your mind, all the DDs are piled up in the same smoke. Instead of playing like people who actually know what they are doing.

Who spots for the Akis in smoke in your scenario I wonder?

I wasn't aware that torpedoes required spotting to be fired. Tier 8 does still have radar, though.

23 minutes ago, yacskn said:

(By the way, how do you have almost 23,000 posts, but only 4000 games? That's mind-boggling.)

Maybe you should be asking the devs why they've been strangling any and all fun out of their game to the point where players are quitting and complaining more than playing.

Counts are down significantly from this season last year. Their persistent 50% churn rate has increased to an unsustainable 60% churn. Players are quitting faster than they're joining, and this is squarely the fault of the game developers.

I persist as a reminder of their cataclysmic failure at managing this title.

Nice attempt at post count shaming though.

Edited by KiyoSenkan

[WOLFC]
Members
665 posts
6,159 battles
12 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

I wasn't aware that torpedoes required spotting to be fired. Tier 8 does still have radar, though.

Maybe you should be asking the devs why they've been strangling any and all fun out of their game to the point where players are quitting and complaining more than playing.

Counts are down significantly from this season last year. Their persistent 50% churn rate has increased to an unsustainable 60% churn. Players are quitting faster than they're joining, and this is squarely the fault of the game developers.

Do you have any suggestions on how to improve the game? Perhaps any ideas on how to increase new player retention rates? Post your ideas here:

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,523 posts
3,895 battles
14 minutes ago, Silisquish said:

Do you have any suggestions on how to improve the game? Perhaps any ideas on how to increase new player retention rates? Post your ideas here:

I've shared countless recommendations over the past 3-4 years. WG doesn't care. Their marketing model is built upon consumer frustration, they actively avoid anything related to satisfaction unless it's absolutely dire.

I mean, retention is absolutely dire but the company's marketing strategy is "Make it so frustrating that they pay for shortcuts" instead of "Give them a fun experience they want to support and be a part of" like Overwatch or League or even FFXIV's monetization models do.

Looking at it from this perspective their decisions make perfect sense. They don't care about creating a quality game. Only an obsession with making the contents of your bank account into the contents of their bank account.

Anything in WoWS that looks quality is superficial. Just enough to lure you in with "Oh this looks cool". And that only works on new people. Which is why WG also doesn't care about veteran players and is okay with ludicrous churn that any other company execs would have an ulcer over. Their marketing strategy only works if you aren't wise to it.

Edited by KiyoSenkan
  • Cool 2

Members
768 posts
18,340 battles
33 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

I wasn't aware that torpedoes required spotting to be fired.

Sigh.

In your rush to give me a sick burn, you completely misread what I said (or deliberately twisted it in a sad attempt).
Should I direct you to a source that explains what the word "for" means when used in a sentence?

Ok, this is genuinely funny.

So your argument is; you're having so little fun in this game that you're spending ungodly amounts of time stalking the forums and posting stuff mostly on topics you clearly have a limited understanding of, because you want to stick it to WG out of spite.

All the while lacking the self-awareness to realise what this tells about you and your personality.

Oh, is that a thing now? Like stats-shaming?

I love how you people keep coming up with terms to try and stop people from stating the obvious that is your mediocrity. Your feelings must be hurting real bad when exposed to the air outside your bubbles.

I'm done with you.

Edited by yacskn
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1