You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dusty25

Willing to purchase a tier 7 ship

27 comments in this topic

Members
28 posts
386 battles

I am probably going to annoy some with this post, but as a newbie I don't know all the rules.  I'd like to purchase from anyone any tier 7 ship.  I've a few millions in game money and need a tier 7 ship to try out playing ranked battles.  My highest tier ship is a Wyoming Tier 4.  I'm a long way from anything tier 7, so I thought i'd ask.  Being a newbie I don't want to piss off anyone, but what the neck, just one ship from anyone and I can try a see what its like.  If this is wrong im truly sorry.

Dusty25

• Funny 2
  • Angry 1

[_SMS_]
Members
936 posts
4,235 battles

Welcome to the game/forum.  There is no way to buy ships from other players.  You buy ships from the dev either on the main website or through the in game armory.  

If you're looking for T7 you should take a look at the main website summer sale.  A new deal should be up tomorrow that features T7 ships for good prices. 

Members
3,659 posts
18,049 battles

You can't borrow or buy anybodys ship to try unless they let you log into their account but there are plenty of premium ships you could buy at T7

Members
28 posts
386 battles

shows you how much I don't know.  You could right a book on that.  thanks for the information.

dusty

[ARGSY]
Members
15,181 posts
9,959 battles
18 minutes ago, dusty25 said:

I am probably going to annoy some with this post, but as a newbie I don't know all the rules.  I'd like to purchase from anyone any tier 7 ship.  I've a few millions in game money and need a tier 7 ship to try out playing ranked battles.  My highest tier ship is a Wyoming Tier 4.  I'm a long way from anything tier 7, so I thought i'd ask.  Being a newbie I don't want to piss off anyone, but what the neck, just one ship from anyone and I can try a see what its like.  If this is wrong im truly sorry.

Dusty25

As others have, said, you can't buy ships from other players; only through the main store or the armoury.

You have less than 200 battles under your belt as I type these words. Please take my advice in the helpful spirit in which it is given - you are NOT ready for Tier 7, and ESPECIALLY not for Ranked Sprint. I know you want to try it out, but the fact of the matter is you'll just get murdered, sent back to port in short order, and discouraged.

Take at least one battleship, one destroyer and one cruiser line in ANY nation (it doesn't have to be the same one for all ship types) up to at least Tier 6 before you even THINK about buying a T7 ship. In fact, sit on your hands and don't buy anything until you've been in the game for at least six months (I waited nine). By that time, you'll have a far better handle on how the game works and what sorts of ships you need to get.

If you want a glimpse of what the higher tier ships are like, go to the bottom of this page

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/public-test/public-test-086/

and download the Public Test server. When the next round goes live in a few weeks, you can try out the higher-tier stuff for a few days at a time and get an idea for what you want to work towards. 

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 5
  • Angry 1

[WAG]
Members
856 posts
11,471 battles
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

As others have, said, you can't buy ships from other players; only through the main store or the armoury.

You have less than 200 battles under your belt as I type these words. Please take my advice in the helpful spirit in which it is given - you are NOT ready for Tier 7.

Take at least one battleship, one destroyer and one cruiser line in ANY nation (it doesn't have to be the same one for all ship types) up to at least Tier 6 before you even THINK about buying a T7 ship. In fact, sit on your hands and don't buy anything until you've been in the game for at least six months (I waited nine). By that time, you'll have a far better handle on how the game works and what sorts of ships you need to get.

While I agree he hasn't played enough to try T7 Random, so far Dusty25 is 100% Coop. I don't think the same suggestions apply to Coop only, but if he ever plans to go into Random, definitely progress slowly though the lines.

[WOLF5]
Members
2,926 posts
3,227 battles
14 minutes ago, dusty25 said:

Dusty25

No.

Multiple reasons

First, it's not possible to do that in the game. Player to player trades are not possible. Also, a couple million credits isn't that much. It's good for early tiers, but it goes quick at higher tiers. I have about 75M credits right now, and I'm a pretty casual player. Some people are in the billions.

Second, you have no business in Ranked battles. They're a competitive mode for experience players. So jumping into T7 for the first time in Ranked would be a hindrance to your team, who have enough to worry about trying to progress without you having no clue what you're doing. Don't play Ranked unless you have a fully upgraded ship you regularly do well in at that tier in Random battles. That way you're actually competitive. Ranked very much like Random, except winning matters more. It is not the place to try things out.

Third, you really should just grind to T7. That way you learn the game, and know what you're doing. You said you're a newbie. You're never going to get much better if you just skip ships. Grind the lines, learn how the game works. That way, when you get to T7, you know your ships and the mechanics and are ready to play Ranked. Premiums are a thing, but the same thing applies, just wait until you make it there by playing the game.

However, if you really want to try higher tier ships, the Public Test Server is a good place. Each patch is tested on a public server for a weekend or two, and usually you get virtually unlimited credits and doubloons, research costs are massively reduced, and you get a bunch of high tier ships depending on what is being tested. You can basically play whatever you want however you want, and no one really cares since it's a test server. Watch the portal, the testing times will be announced, you download the PTS client, and you're good to go. As a bonus, if you complete missions you get rewards for your account on the live server. It's a great way to test new ships and captain builds.

[ARGSY]
Members
15,181 posts
9,959 battles
3 minutes ago, DustRhino said:

While I agree he hasn't played enough to try T7 Random, so far Dusty25 is 100% Coop.

I was an extensive but not quite exclusive co-op player for quite a few hundred games. It's a somewhat more forgiving environment to a point, but I'm assuming he'll branch out into Randoms soon enough and he needs to not be out of his depth when he first starts trying. 

[TBW]
Members
8,633 posts
15,512 battles
30 minutes ago, dusty25 said:

Dusty25

You can buy 14 tier 7 ships right now, here.

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/vehicles/

and 2 at this link if you want a bundle with premium days.

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/specials/

If you grind a line in randoms ( more XP and Ship XP) you can get there in a few days and still have time left for some ranked sprint.

• Cool 1

[WAG]
Members
856 posts
11,471 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I was an extensive but not quite exclusive co-op player for quite a few hundred games. It's a somewhat more forgiving environment to a point, but I'm assuming he'll branch out into Randoms soon enough and he needs to not be out of his depth when he first starts trying. 

Completely agree, which  is why I wrote "but if he ever plans to go into Random, definitely progress slowly though the lines." ;-)

[WAG]
Members
856 posts
11,471 battles
3 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

You can buy 14 tier 7 ships right now, here.

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/vehicles/

and 2 at this link if you want a bundle with premium days.

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/specials/

If you grind a line in randoms ( more XP and Ship XP) you can get there in a few days and still have time left for some ranked sprint.

The OP has played less than 200 Coop games, and 0 in Random. I think suggesting going into Ranked is a terrible idea. Nothing wrong with being new, but jumping right into competitive play will be frustrating, and teammates will be toxic.

• Cool 2

[SIDE]
Members
2,640 posts

I don’t have a ship I can sell you but The premium shop sure does.

Edited by thebigblue

[3COWS]
Members
712 posts
41 minutes ago, dusty25 said:

Dusty25

Im not being a jerk, this is the reality of the matter, play until you have earn a tier 7 ship. 
Tier 4,5,6,7,8,9,10 all play very differently, then when you have tier 6 vs tier 8 that meta also plays different. 

I honestly feel that you will struggle in tier 7, and struggle especially dropping into ranked. 

Take your time going through the ships, learn BB's, CA's, CL's or DD's, take it slowly and don't rush. 

I know you're eager but this can take time and patients and going from tier 4 to 7 will just give you a massive learning curve which you will not overcome in the next 7 days. 

Because this ranked sprint is only available for the next 7 days. 

[TBW]
Members
8,633 posts
15,512 battles
8 minutes ago, DustRhino said:

The OP has played less than 200 Coop games, and 0 in Random. I think suggesting going into Ranked is a terrible idea. Nothing wrong with being new, but jumping right into competitive play will be frustrating, and teammates will be toxic.

That really depends on how much of a gamer you are. I agree that that there is a large learning curve, how ever, if you have played lots of games and game types you could be good from the start. That being said the OP probably would have moved to randoms already if they were one of them there types.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
674 posts

as said above spend cash or save up your coal to get a ship

[N-W-T]
Members
1,919 posts
7,566 battles
31 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Second, you have no business in Ranked battles. They're a competitive mode for experience players.

While I agree he's not ready given his lack of PvP, let's be real here... ranked is not competitive; it's random battles with fewer ships. Nor does "experience" preclude people from being consistent <44% potatoes. 

Members
220 posts
1,554 battles

Dusty:

I applaud you for staying in Cooperative battles at the start. Get lots of games in with tier 1-4 ships there. Premium ships (of whatever tier or class) are really not needed here.

Once you move into randoms, I recommend that you play a LOT of tier 4 or lower with the tech tree ships (that is, the "normal" ships you can buy with credits).  At tiers 4 and lower, the game is explicitly set up for a more new player-friendly experience. Tier 5+ in randoms is going to be much more difficult. Leaping into that too early would be frustrating.

[CAST]
Members
4,772 posts
3,337 battles

You cannot trade ships with other players. You can only buy ships with either cash in the premium shop, or doubloons (purchased with cash) in the in game armory.

Note: Unlike others, I have no problems with you choosing to pay money to buy a ship since you're giving it to the company that makes this game, hence facilitating future content development.

That being said, people in Ranked or Ranked Sprint expect you know to play as the small size teams means each individual contribution needs to be solid. If you go into a Ranked match and don't know what you're doing, you're just going to be widely hate by everyone.

tl;dr: You only have tier 4 experience? Sure, go ahead and buy any premium! Just please don't play Ranked or any other competitive game mode until you know what you're doing.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,127 posts
12,083 battles
2 hours ago, dusty25 said:

Dusty25

In case it was missed along the way with the responses ...  Welcome to the game and the forums!  We're glad to have you here.

Doc

Members
932 posts
4,027 battles

If you want a premium, get the Scharnhorst. It's a great ship and is usually noob-friendly.

As other people said, you might not be fully prepared for a T7 battle. If you have doubts and would want to buy lower tiers instead, Texas and Arizona are ships that a new player can use pretty easily (especially for you since you have Wyoming which plays very similar to them)

Edited by richie_macrophage
  • Cool 1

Members
45 posts
6 hours ago, dusty25 said:

Dusty25

Scharnhorst is fun and forgiving if your a newb. 

Members
28 posts
386 battles

Thanks all for your input.  Ok nuff said, i'll stay the course and grind my way upward.  Being new to the game i'm glad nobody was that mad with me with the dumm question.  Its a way to learn the way the game plays.  I did get a free tier three cruiser early in the game.  But what a grind it is.  I do agree with most of you and will take your advice.   smooth sailing to you all.

dusty

• Cool 2

[WOLFG]
Members
7,005 posts
5,021 battles
1 minute ago, dusty25 said:

Thanks all for your input.  Ok nuff said, i'll stay the course and grind my way upward.  Being new to the game i'm glad nobody was that mad with me with the dumm question.  Its a way to learn the way the game plays.  I did get a free tier three cruiser early in the game.  But what a grind it is.  I do agree with most of you and will take your advice.   smooth sailing to you all.

dusty

Its not really questions that gets people snarky.  Demanding massive changes to the game when you haven't played much will draw fire.  Asking questions usually gets decent responses.

Welcome aboard.

[LOSC]
Members
468 posts

I agree with the fellows above the Scharnhorst would be the best selection.

And as said there is a large learning curve involved going from low tiers to lvl 7 & 8 tiers.