You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sabot_100

Frozen aircraft positions

4 comments in this topic

[CVA16]
Members
4,080 posts
12,919 battles

Lately I have noticed that spotted aircraft seem to hover in space on the minimap and in the game screen. For example, I will see a rocket squad appear at 10k and stop. If I get closer, the range counts down as if I were approaching a stationary object. Suddenly they planes will appear at 5k and I am spotted, my AA kicks in even though the planes are still at 5k and I have no long range AA (Gaede). I end up getting rocketted even though the planes I see never came close enough, then suddenly they are on the other side of me. Doesn't happen all the time. Everything else seems to be "normal".  The game is obviously tracking the planes normally as they certainly had time to get from point to point,. Just tough to plan when you can't tell where the planes really are.

Just wondering if it is just me/my system or if others have seen the same?

Members
207 posts
1,139 battles

I think its the distance needed to launch the rockets, if i remember correctly for the japanese is 2.5 km or we have an advanced case of diapering

[GWG]
Supertester
22,935 posts
12,817 battles

The only stationary planes I see are after a CV attack which is a graphical bug and when they would be back at their CV they disappear.

[CVA16]
Members
4,080 posts
12,919 battles
1 hour ago, taberuco said:

I think its the distance needed to launch the rockets, if i remember correctly for the japanese is 2.5 km or we have an advanced case of diapering

Which is why it caught me by surprise. Looked like they might be attacking someone else. I was surprised when my AA started shooting. Only watching the planes on the minimap at the time as the planes were behind me.

I should check the replay to see if it occurs there too. My system has some glitches, always seem to last to load in a match for example, so it might just be me.