Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Silisquish

AA flak accuracy and "accuracy" stat: is Flamu right or wrong about this?

3 comments in this topic

[WOLFC]
Members
665 posts
6,159 battles

I know that "Short range" AA also has an "accuracy" stat but I also know that Flamu is never wrong so I don't know what to think anymore...

Somebody in the comments wrote this:

Hit probably does NOT mean that.

Hit probability is the percentage by which you multiply the rated number of flak getting the average number of clouds your mid and long range AA spawns, then the difference to the maximum is taken note of and used to define the minimum and number of clouds you spawn as a guassian distribution from min to max center on the average (also is the percentage by which you multiply the background base dps to get effective background dps). Eample:

Rated number of clouds: 10

accuracy: 70% Hence average of clouds: 7

hence distribution range: +/-3

Hence number of clouds: random number gotten from a gaussian (aka normal) distribution from 4 to 10 (obviously average 7)

Then and only then, once the number of spawned flak clouds is gotten, from that normal distribution, that number is multiplied by 80% and compared to 6, the minimum between these two numbers is the number of flak clouds which directly spawn in the squadron's flight path. The remaining clouds spawn in areas left/right. (these rule is modified if several ships fire their AA to a squadron, in this case maximum number of flak clouds is 8)

In our example if the AA spawns:

9 clouds => 80% of 9 = 7.2 => 6 clouds on the flight path, +3 on the sides.

5 clouds => 80% of 5 = 4 => 4 clouds on the flight path, +1 on the sides.

In other words, for a given ship (i.e. a given accuracy) you want 6/0.8/accuracy as your rated number of flak clouds

This has been explained by the development blog.

...what development blog?

[DAKI]
Privateers, Members
8,902 posts
7,831 battles

Yeah no, Flamu is totally off the mark here. The reply below the video is 50% correct as in that it determines how many flak clouds will spawn, but is off regarding where they spawn. There is a fixed amount of how many flak clouds spawn in front of the plane and to the sides of it. Accuracy does not affect those values.

• Cool 1

[AUGH]
Supertester
58 posts
5,921 battles
4 hours ago, SireneRacker said:

Yeah no, Flamu is totally off the mark here. The reply below the video is 50% correct as in that it determines how many flak clouds will spawn, but is off regarding where they spawn. There is a fixed amount of how many flak clouds spawn in front of the plane and to the sides of it. Accuracy does not affect those values.

Flak burst count is affected by accuracy, via this post: https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/112949-new-aa-mechanics-explained/

Sign in to follow this