TheURLGuy

Apollo Splashdown - Space Camo

27 comments in this topic

Members
1 post
1,235 battles

Bundled only? Really?

I mean, $39 for a ship skin was a little steep before for one but at least if you love one ship too much you may splurge that much instead of a $100 on a bundle just to get one skin.

Oh yeah and 50 days of Premium, LOL.

I was looking out to get one, but not paying for 3, thanks.

• Cool 9
  • Boring 1

[CRF]
Members
461 posts
6,711 battles

Whew - EXPENSIVE!!!  Would have hoped to have seen some of the consumable Sci-Fi camos available....

• Cool 3

Members
15 posts
7,871 battles

Yet another money raiser for WoWS. Which is fine, it's a for-profit entity and it costs money to keep servers running and staff employed and I'm all for it.....but....is the company getting that greedy or (shudder) that needy?  Inquiring minds want to know....

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

[USCC]
Members
2,736 posts
16 minutes ago, Satorikn said:

Bundled only? Really?

Inno right :Smile_sceptic:

[STW-D]
Members
230 posts

Yeah, I have to admit -- I clicked the link looking for a free in-game mission for some space camos (either a new look, or the sci-fi ones) to commemorate this event.

Pricey bundles of camos only?  pass.

[WOLFG]
Members
6,982 posts
5,011 battles

The only things that makes sense is that people (not me) actually buy these bundles.

[USCC]
Members
2,736 posts
12 minutes ago, Ghawain said:

Holy smokes, who sets the prices for these things??

The pricing is actually good, standard tier X perm camo is 5000 dubs roughly 30 bucks

So 3 camo plus 50 days premium isn't a bad deal at all, I mean if you play a lot of high tier.

The part that always gets me is the "bundle" aspect with premium time, I already have 440+ premium days
and most ship deals come as a bundle with premium time as well, we don't need it bundled with everything!!

In fairness to WeeGee, they do give you back 6800 dubs for each camo you already have. 
I just wish they'd of sold them separately, I really only need like 4 for my 19 tier X

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Members
8 posts
1,435 battles

How in the WORLD do they come up with the prices for these things? Jesus....$100? I spend plenty of money on the premium shop...but good lord. That much for a skin?

Edited by DocHollidayOG
  • Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,681 posts
32 minutes ago, DocHollidayOG said:

How in the WORLD do they come up with the prices for these things? Jesus....$100? I spend plenty of money on the premium shop...but good lord. That much for a skin?

The 3 pack is $95.

Normal T10 Perm camo's are about $24 each.  You are getting 3 in the bundle so $72 there. Then getting 50 days of premium.  Add to that that they are the space camos which were more than the normal camos, it's technically cheaper than what they would be if you bought them all separate. 

I am not going to buy one, but if you wanted the space camos and if you look at the actual math, it's not a "bad" deal.

• Funny 1

[Z3TA]
Members
23 posts
2,141 battles
4 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

The 3 pack is $95.

Normal T10 Perm camo's are about $24 each.  You are getting 3 in the bundle so $72 there. Then getting 50 days of premium.  Add to that that they are the space camos which were more than the normal camos, it's technically cheaper than what they would be if you bought them all separate.

I am going to buy one, but if you wanted the space camos and if you look at the actual math, it's not a "bad" deal.

The fallacy there is that you accept the price of $24 for the standard T10 camo.

• Cool 4

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,681 posts
7 minutes ago, Scruff_McGruff said:

The fallacy there is that you accept the price of $24 for the standard T10 camo.

It has always been that price, the price isn't suddenly a fallacy as a result of this offer.

You don't have to buy them of course, but there isn't really an "incorrect" price with digital goods.  What the market will bear and all that.  I am sure some players will purchase them.

• Cool 1

[USCC]
Members
2,736 posts
1 minute ago, Burnsy said:

It has always been that price, the price isn't suddenly a fallacy as a result of this offer.

Yep, and at tier X in PVE, it's a MUST have, or for sure you'll lose credits, heck even WITH it you can still lose credits with a poor showing.

Members
8 posts
1,435 battles
20 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

The 3 pack is $95.

I am not going to buy one, but if you wanted the space camos and if you look at the actual math, it's not a "bad" deal.

15 minutes ago, Scruff_McGruff said:

[-K-]
Members
4,958 posts
16,290 battles

Am I the only one who finds it ironic that there are US, Japanese, and German space race-themed packages, but no Soviet one?

Yes, I know it's because there's only one Russian ship with a space skin. But I can have a laugh about it anyway. :Smile_teethhappy:

[F4E]
Members
343 posts
12,483 battles

Maaaybeee it is a good deal considering the price of the in game permanent T10 camos.  But, didn't these space camos sell for 6000 doubloons each? If so 3 of them bought during the event would of cost roughly 83 bucks. Yeah, yeah I know the premium time is thrown in there with the bundle. I would think though most everyone is sitting on some premium time. I bought the year Xmas package and with little to no spending since I still have a years worth plus.

I can't see paying more for a regurgitated camo. In a bundle. With extras attached that I don't need. 

I don't mind WG making money. I would have spent money. On a unique camo commemorating the event. And for the love of Neptune!! Make the offers separate! Individual camo/ship/whatever. Then, if you're so bent on fishing these. Make the bundles to. I wouldn't feel you're so dirty then. 

• Cool 1

[BUOY]
Members
539 posts
10,975 battles

Space camos are 8k dubs apiece so basically you are paying full price but with 50 days of premium thrown in... but only if you don't own any of the bundle since if you do you're getting cut rate dubs thanks to the 'discount'.

Man WG is being skinflint'y. If you don't own any of the camos in the bundle, the deal is on par / only slightly worse than when they were last available in game since 3 camos cost 24k dubs and in buying 2x Admiral Bounties for $5 more you got 10 days of premium and 1k dubs left over... but if you own even one the deal is much worse.

• Cool 1

[61VET]
Members
9 posts
14,571 battles

I do like the space camo, but WG is shooting itself in the foot. Just too expensive as a bundle; give a choice of each as an individual and that's where people may buy them. Are these just copies of the older space camos? They look like it. Sorry WG, this is not something I'm interested in due to my inability to pick what I want. But nor doubt some will buy it and good for them.

In fairness to WG, they did sell them individually during the space wars; I wanted the Des Moines, but waited too long.

Edited by battleship61
  • Cool 1

[KMS]
Beta Testers
177 posts
14,046 battles

Worthless other than the "cute factor" for us who have the std. premium camo for our Tr10s (just about everyone who plays theirs much)

Needs to be a spl. discount on these and all the rest of the special camos for people who already have the std. perm. camo. for that ship

Or give them a little extra bonus to play to make it worth buying another camo for the same ship!

as it is the "cute factor" is only worth $5 (or $10 in a weak moment) to me.

[ISO]
Members
14 posts
1,093 battles

space skin is epic...but 100 bux? no fkn way....who the hell makes the prices? fire him!

• Cool 1