Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ThatsAPaladin

Maps and their cap layouts should be included in the CB season overview.

6 comments in this topic

[CUTE]
Beta Testers
475 posts
5,224 battles

This season's maps are Hotspot, Sea of Fortune, Mountain Range, Neighbors, Trident, and Greece.

Of these, only Hotspot had an actual image, because it was using a new cap layout, while the others "use the domination mode" (it is unspecified which layout is used for maps with multiple layouts.

This is unacceptably ambiguous: the wiki has no cap layouts at all (Greece doesn't even have an image), and while I'm sure most of us remember the cap layouts, Hotspot, for an example, has had several different layouts recently in competitive modes. Greece has two layouts: one from ranked and the other from randoms. The only place you can actually check the layouts is a training room, and those aren't always correct for competitive anyway. 

You haven't been shy with filling us in on everything else, why are you skimping out on the maps? It's inconvenient to players at best, when they should just be under an expandable section like the missions are.

• Cool 1

[-BRS-]
Members
948 posts
34,905 battles

Yes, please.

Clear rules makes good competition.

Adding map layouts with cap and spawns zones should be a must of ruleset for every ranked or clan battle season.

[KSD]
Members
163 posts
8,653 battles
1 hour ago, PG908 said:

This season's maps are Hotspot, Sea of Fortune, Mountain Range, Neighbors, Trident, and Greece.

Of these, only Hotspot had an actual image, because it was using a new cap layout, while the others "use the domination mode" (it is unspecified which layout is used for maps with multiple layouts.

This is unacceptably ambiguous: the wiki has no cap layouts at all (Greece doesn't even have an image), and while I'm sure most of us remember the cap layouts, Hotspot, for an example, has had several different layouts recently in competitive modes. Greece has two layouts: one from ranked and the other from randoms. The only place you can actually check the layouts is a training room, and those aren't always correct for competitive anyway. 

You haven't been shy with filling us in on everything else, why are you skimping out on the maps? It's inconvenient to players at best, when they should just be under an expandable section like the missions are.

These maps can be found in the training rooms

• Cool 1

[CUTE]
Beta Testers
475 posts
5,224 battles
4 hours ago, _CPR said:

These maps can be found in the training rooms

Yes, but my point is that I shouldn't have to launch a training battle and blow up the minimap whenever I want to see the layout.

Most of those maps have several layouts for domination and we have to assume which one it's going to be. Sure, we probably know that Sea of Fortune will be the layout where A and B are on top of eachother, but that's an assumption. We also have to trust that the correct versions are there: several had outdated or incorrect layouts last season (and/or the season before).

Or, wargaming could add five jpgs to the news post and save everyone the trouble by having everything you need in one spot. As and added bonus it'd be accessible on all devices, too, which the training room is not.

[KSD]
Members
163 posts
8,653 battles
1 hour ago, PG908 said:

Yes, but my point is that I shouldn't have to launch a training battle and blow up the minimap whenever I want to see the layout.

Most of those maps have several layouts for domination and we have to assume which one it's going to be. Sure, we probably know that Sea of Fortune will be the layout where A and B are on top of eachother, but that's an assumption. We also have to trust that the correct versions are there: several had outdated or incorrect layouts last season (and/or the season before).

Or, wargaming could add five jpgs to the news post and save everyone the trouble by having everything you need in one spot. As and added bonus it'd be accessible on all devices, too, which the training room is not.

I mean if you’ve ever plan Any clan battles or ranked you should know how all these maps are set up. 

[CUTE]
Beta Testers
475 posts
5,224 battles
Just now, _CPR said:

I mean if you’ve ever plan Any clan battles or ranked you should know how all these maps are set up. 

I have, and I do know, but this is both the rookie season, and that doesn't invalidate what I said about ambiguity (several of these maps have had multiple competitive layouts). Even then, nobody memorizes down to the pixel, nor can you annotate a memory. 

Sign in to follow this