You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
rafael_azuaje

HILL increase the armor & torpedoes (buff)

28 comments in this topic

[TFP]
Members
791 posts
24,587 battles

I've been testing the hill, and it has very poor hull armor, if you're attacked by rockets, you're fried .. projectiles from other DD do you a lot of damage, and it's been checked and the hull of the hill is basically the hull B of the FARRAGUT, they are exact with the difference that the farragut has better armor than the HILL, also if we compare it the NICHOLAS has better armor and HP than the HILL, it would be good to rejust the  armor and Hp of the HILL. from rest the boat is good.

compare armoreds DD:

vampire T3

10mm as armor hill T5

oi3f1hc.jpg

farragut T6 brothers hill

16mm

2uq0k75.jpg

nicholas T5

15mm

vrrkf9.jpg

hill t5 with amor T3

10mm

oa2a0m.jpg

clemson T4

13mm

sltoas.jpg

NICHOLAS GUNS & CONCEALMENT IS TOTAL BETTER NINJA

1zeaxsg.jpg

HILL BOTTOM IS ALMOST EVERYTHING

v6rcap.jpg

all DD lower Tier has Better armored thah HILL. please Wg UP armored hill...

the torps are useless very slower & short range

Edited by rafael_azuaje
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 3

[-K-]
Members
7,328 posts
12,029 battles

It's a DD.  What are you honestly expecting?

• Cool 3
  • Angry 2

[-K-]
Members
7,328 posts
12,029 battles
4 minutes ago, rafael_azuaje said:

read the post

I did.  But if you're honestly expecting a difference in performance between 10 - 16mm of armor, don't get your hopes up.  It will literally get penned by everything anyway.

[TFP]
Members
791 posts
24,587 battles
35 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

I did.  But if you're honestly expecting a difference in performance between 10 - 16mm of armor, don't get your hopes up.  It will literally get penned by everything anyway.

good to have hope that WG upload the millimeter of the armor of the hill, it is very poor the planes with rockets you destroy the ship and vs other DD low the hp much for the weakblindaje, the hill has armor of T3. imagine a DD with T3 armor in T7 battles, it will make it dust

• Boring 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7 posts
3,520 battles

Rafael, buffing the armor of Hill won't influence her survival against rockets and other DDs. The weakest rocket in the game is the 18lb RP-3 found on the Hermes with 20mm of penetration, which is enough to deal with most DDs all the way up to T10. As for other DDs, the weakest gun you will face is the German 105mm gun found on the V-170 and T-22 with 17mm of HE penetration, which is again enough to deal with any DD in their matchmaking spread.

However, you do have a small point - 10mm of armor allows cruisers with 152mm guns to overmatch the ship with AP, which is a significant if underappreciated weakness. Hill would likely benefit from being "buffed" to 13mm plating as it would not negatively influence her balance against classmates or against 152mm cruisers firing HE, but would remove the ability for them to do massive AP damage to an angled Hill.

• Cool 3

Members
2,075 posts
11,053 battles

Hey

Even if the armor is weaker; it should be compensated for with a better HP pool.  Overall, day in and day out, she is a weak DD, thanks mostly to her crappy detection versus it's very weak torp range.  Her guns are decent but hardly making up for her other short comings IMHO.  

Pete

• Cool 1

[TFP]
Members
791 posts
24,587 battles
20 minutes ago, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

Even if the armor is weaker; it should be compensated for with a better HP pool.  Overall, day in and day out, she is a weak DD, thanks mostly to her crappy detection versus it's very weak torp range.  Her guns are decent but hardly making up for her other short comings IMHO.  

Pete

I agree with you friend

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
12,285 posts
17,786 battles
2 hours ago, rafael_azuaje said:

I've been testing the hill, and it has very poor hull armor

The first rule of successful DD playing is to stay stealthy and NOT let others see, and shoot at, you. Learn to do that and armor no longer matters.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
7,328 posts
12,029 battles
1 hour ago, ComradeTsushima said:

Rafael, buffing the armor of Hill won't influence her survival against rockets and other DDs. The weakest rocket in the game is the 18lb RP-3 found on the Hermes with 20mm of penetration, which is enough to deal with most DDs all the way up to T10. As for other DDs, the weakest gun you will face is the German 105mm gun found on the V-170 and T-22 with 17mm of HE penetration, which is again enough to deal with any DD in their matchmaking spread.

However, you do have a small point - 10mm of armor allows cruisers with 152mm guns to overmatch the ship with AP, which is a significant if underappreciated weakness. Hill would likely benefit from being "buffed" to 13mm plating as it would not negatively influence her balance against classmates or against 152mm cruisers firing HE, but would remove the ability for them to do massive AP damage to an angled Hill.

Thanks for the info, @ComradeTsushima.  Just reinforces the point further that an armor buff will change absolutely nothing with this ship in terms of survivability.

25 minutes ago, rafael_azuaje said:

the hill has poor:

conceleament ,Hp , armor, the torps is decent beause has nicholas for T5 TOO

She is still very close to Nicholas in terms of most performance metrics.  I'm still not seeing any good justification for change here.

16 minutes ago, Umikami said:

The first rule of successful DD playing is to stay stealthy and NOT let others see, and shoot at, you. Learn to do that and armor no longer matters.

Bingo.  In a DD, the longer you survive the more powerful you become in the later stages of a match.  Armor is virtually a useless metric when it comes to destroyers, with perhaps the lone  exception being Khabarovsk.

[TFP]
Members
791 posts
24,587 battles
4 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

Thanks for the info, @ComradeTsushima.  Just reinforces the point further that an armor buff will change absolutely nothing with this ship in terms of survivability.

She is still very close to Nicholas in terms of most performance metrics.  I'm still not seeing any good justification for change here.

Bingo.  In a DD, the longer you survive the more powerful you become in the later stages of a match.  Armor is virtually a useless metric when it comes to destroyers, with perhaps the lone  exception being Khabarovsk.

stealth, fence that intertwined hahahaha, I know about that, I talk about the armor that if it is important, sure the HILL can grant 6mm taking it to 16mm, but as I tell you that if it is important if not all DD had 10mm armor .

Members
2,075 posts
11,053 battles
5 hours ago, Umikami said:

Hey

Very true, but then that leaves out torps unless a lucky island surprise.  Lower tiers with carriers can be murderous with lack of AA and plentiful carriers and again the low HP.

Pete

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
12,285 posts
17,786 battles
2 minutes ago, sasquatch_research said:

Very true, but then that leaves out torps unless a lucky island surprise.

Not on the DDs I play it doesn't.

Members
2,075 posts
11,053 battles
2 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Not on the DDs I play it doesn't.

Hey

Even on the Hill with it's .9 km spotting versus torp range?  Unless your only playing potato's.  All other T5 DD's have a spotting advantage on you, but maybe not a gun advantage.  

Pete

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
12,285 posts
17,786 battles
21 minutes ago, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

Even on the Hill with it's .9 km spotting versus torp range?  Unless your only playing potato's.  All other T5 DD's have a spotting advantage on you, but maybe not a gun advantage.  

Pete

At tier 5 I play Kami's; 5.4 detection and 7 km torps. Life is good.

• Cool 1

[TFP]
Members
791 posts
24,587 battles
12 minutes ago, Umikami said:

At tier 5 I play Kami's; 5.4 detection and 7 km torps. Life is good.

the kamikaze is king DD T5

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
12,285 posts
17,786 battles
17 minutes ago, rafael_azuaje said:

the kamikaze is king DD T5

It's good to be King!

[SIM]
Members
4,228 posts
7,241 battles

I’d like to see her get an HP buff just to offset all of her shortcomings against Nicholas. Not enough to make her more powerful than Nicholas, but enough to make her more of a viable alternative.

• Cool 1

[TFP]
Members
791 posts
24,587 battles
11 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

I’d like to see her get an HP buff just to offset all of her shortcomings against Nicholas. Not enough to make her more powerful than Nicholas, but enough to make her more of a viable alternative.

the HP of hill is poor, 14k in stock it would be fantastic.

• Cool 1

Members
2,075 posts
11,053 battles

Hey

Since it's only been available in store a short time ago, and a reward ship; I doubt seriously they will do anything about it.  If it was me I would give it a concealment of 6.2 and 6.5 km torps, and maybe a 1/2 second reload buff and leave the HP.  It needs help for sure.

Pete

[TFP]
Members
791 posts
24,587 battles

today in a chase attacking a new Mexico, shoot my 9 torpedoes and are so slow that the battleship can dodge easily, imagine if it was a kongo or a cruise never hit the target.

[CAST]
Members
4,772 posts
3,337 battles

Hill needs a concealment buff, not an armor buff. Right now, she's absolutely garbage compared to the Nicholas.

• Cool 1

[TFP]
Members
791 posts
24,587 battles
17 hours ago, KaptainKaybe said:

Hill needs a concealment buff, not an armor buff. Right now, she's absolutely garbage compared to the Nicholas.

hello bro , hill need:

concealmet as nicholas

reload as nicholas both has same main guns 

and better torp, 5.5k range + 56speed= suck (useless)

and armore clesom tier 4 has 13mm, nicholas 15mm, hill 10mm

Edited by rafael_azuaje

[CAST]
Members
4,772 posts
3,337 battles

If Hill had the same run reload AND the same concealment as Nicholas, she'd be quite overpowered. Armor is not really an issue since even 100m DD guns can HE pen 15mm of armor. And the torps are all like that for USN at that tier. USN DDs in mid tiers are pure gunboats. Buffing those means nerfing something else.

Either a reload buff or a concealment buff should be fine. Just not both.