You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GSXstage1

WHY PEOPLE CHAT RAGE!

79 comments in this topic

[TIGRB]
Members
703 posts
15,401 battles

I Have had my share of chat bans in 3 yrs of playing. I've seen alot of bad play, poor decisions and plain stupidity in this game. And yes, I have pulled many boners myself. I do however try to learn from my mistakes and do NOT report people for getting on me about a stupid move I made. I am trying VERY hard not to rage chat anymore but am finding it hard as hell as of late. This weekend and last night were very tedious to say the least. The first example of stupidty was on two Brothers map with only the two caps. I went right with only a few ships and we held the enemy advance while our team pushed the other side. I had killed 2 ships and my mates killed the others so we pushed up to help the other side. Thats when I saw that our teams 4 remaining ships on the left side [1 dd and 3 bb's] were headed to the north edge of the map WAY ABOVE the enemy cap chasing the enemy CV. We begged them to turn back and cap to win. We rushed to the enemy cap because those 4 ships chasing the CV ABOVE the cap had let a dd get by them and he started to cap OUR cap! HIT POINT Hunters will lose games for you all the time. Well, we lost. When we pointed out to the 4 ships the mistake they made, of course we were told to STFU, play your own game etc etc and I was reported of course.  Sorry WG, I do believe you should be able to rage at stuff like that without being chat banned but I know that won't happen. Anyway I know others have gone through same type of things in game also. It's not just me but MAN you want to slpap someone to open the mind and eyes of some players. 

1.png

• Cool 8
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 5

Members
276 posts
7 minutes ago, GSXstage1 said:

I am trying VERY hard not to rage chat anymore but am finding it hard as hell as of late.

Just having a reason doesn't justify the act. 

• Cool 2
  • Confused 6
  • Boring 2

[WOLFG]
Members
24,717 posts
6,108 battles

The way I see it is, if you're going to play in the sandbox, knowing full well that a lot of the other kids there are on the spectrum, you're going to encounter random weird behaviour. You don't have to like it, but if you want to play in the sandbox, you have to deal with it.  Whether or not you want to do so by mimicking the ones with Asperger's is up to you.

• Cool 4

[WOLFG]
Members
262 posts
2,076 battles

Pointing out a questionable decision in chat doesn't require the 'rage' part, either.

Someone who gives sound advice and respectful correction in chat, I'll +1

Someone who swears and offers their advice wrapped in personal insults, I'll report, even if (especially if) if it's not directed at me.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 2

[187]
Members
1,625 posts
9,487 battles

GSX ---> Did they start acting like this kid???

Yea don't sweat the small chit...life is too short. I apologize to everyone, this kid always cracks me up...he is the epitome of the modern kid gamer lol.

Edited by C_D
  • Cool 2

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,623 posts
38 minutes ago, GSXstage1 said:

Sorry WG, I do believe you should be able to rage at stuff like that without being chat banned but I know that won't happen.

I disagree. 

• Cool 2
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

Members
516 posts
4,309 battles

The moment someone shows any salt in chat I block them. It’s as simple as that. I voice my frustrations out loud while playing now. It’s not worth voicing it in chat. I’d rather just play. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[DAKI]
Privateers, Members
8,903 posts
7,831 battles

There is a key difference between raging and telling someone they made a mistake, and judging by how you use both terms in the OP I assume you don't know what either is. To visualize:

Raging: "YOU [edited] [edited] LEARN TO PLAY THE [edited] GAME YOU SON OF A [edited] OR BETTER JUST [edited] END YOUR [edited] LIFE!!1!!"

Telling someone they made a mistake: "Going around the corner like that was really a bad option, you should've instead done [insert whatever you wish]"

I have been doing the latter since I started to get better at this game, and have yet to get chatbanned even once.

• Cool 3

[SIDE]
Members
2,618 posts
41 minutes ago, User_the_n00b said:

Just having a reason doesn't justify the act. 

Uh, yeah it does. Might as well get whatever off your chest. Call them stupid or whatever because they were. Being nice about it isn’t gonna spare you a report. I just bank on getting reported anytime I say anything because that’s how folks are. There are limits though. No shaming, self harm talk and leave family out of it.

Chat bans are a thing. Fail divisions love spamming complaints I bet. I have had a few over the years. Usually from losing my patience with dead heads in ranked. I am as concerned about them as I am Karma... Not at all.

Edited by thebigblue
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
24,717 posts
6,108 battles
6 minutes ago, I_Potato_Ther4_I_Yam said:

I voice my frustrations out loud while playing now. It’s not worth voicing it in chat. I’d rather just play. 

Same. TBH, the rageworthy moments are all RNG-induced for me, and I'l yell a brief burst of random obscenities at my screen.

Stuff teammates do merits no more than an eyeroll/headshaking, with possibly an exclamation of "idiot!", because I am realistic about what to expect when playing in the sandbox.

If the game frequently angered me for any reason, I wouldn't play. If I want to be angry, I'll just start an argument with my wife and save bandwidth and electricity lol.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[PN]
Beta Testers
8,127 posts
19,915 battles

@GSXstage1 Did you report those 4 players in a support ticket with replay for rigging/throwing the battle. It is clear from your post that they blatantly and successfully did just exactly that. Do not use battle chat.

Doing so will not draw a chat ban and may well get them a penalty.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
24,717 posts
6,108 battles
3 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

Uh, yeah it does.

It always will in your own mind, and your reasons will always be valid.

I'm sure you can think of many examples where the reasons someone uses to justify an action are invalid to you, or the population at large.

[187]
Members
1,625 posts
9,487 battles
3 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

If I want to be angry, I'll just start an argument with my wife and save bandwidth and electricity lol.

Laughing my azz off literally...because that is some TRUTH brother! Thanks for that one... :)

[WOLF7]
Members
12,288 posts
50 minutes ago, GSXstage1 said:

I Have had my share of chat bans in 3 yrs of playing. I've seen alot of bad play, poor decisions and plain stupidity in this game. And yes, I have pulled many boners myself. I do however try to learn from my mistakes and do NOT report people for getting on me about a stupid move I made. I am trying VERY hard not to rage chat anymore but am finding it hard as hell as of late. This weekend and last night were very tedious to say the least. The first example of stupidty was on two Brothers map with only the two caps. I went right with only a few ships and we held the enemy advance while our team pushed the other side. I had killed 2 ships and my mates killed the others so we pushed up to help the other side. Thats when I saw that our teams 4 remaining ships on the left side [1 dd and 3 bb's] were headed to the north edge of the map WAY ABOVE the enemy cap chasing the enemy CV. We begged them to turn back and cap to win. We rushed to the enemy cap because those 4 ships chasing the CV ABOVE the cap had let a dd get by them and he started to cap OUR cap! HIT POINT Hunters will lose games for you all the time. Well, we lost. When we pointed out to the 4 ships the mistake they made, of course we were told to STFU, play your own game etc etc and I was reported of course.  Sorry WG, I do believe you should be able to rage at stuff like that without being chat banned but I know that won't happen. Anyway I know others have gone through same type of things in game also. It's not just me but MAN you want to slpap someone to open the mind and eyes of some players. 

1.png

14k games, and you still don't get who plays the game? 

Players are attracted to the arcade, they aren't engaged in the game, and they don't invest the time in learning complex mechanics. They come for the arcade shoot em up, and don't stay to learn anything.

This is the fate of this game, always has been.

• Cool 1

[TIGRB]
Members
703 posts
15,401 battles

Jesus, You guys missed the point here. And I see the White Knights are out in force. I didn't it was ok to rage chat. I was just pointing out that I can understand WHY people do it sometimes. When you point out a mistake and get told to stuff it becuase their precious ego has been hurt makes you want to rage.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[3COWS]
Members
710 posts
50 minutes ago, GSXstage1 said:

1.png

You need to learn to walk away. 

This is a game, losses happen. You got a chat ban because you became abusive towards them. 

If they messed up, just take the loss. 

You were in the wrong. 

Would be like you saying to the cops "I just pulled that guy out of his car and beat him to death because he ran a red light, I was totally justified" 

Look at your own actions and learn from them. If someone makes a mistake in game, you play on, loose then go back to port and play another game. 

You do not loose your mind into chat, that just shows you have some deep seeded rage issues and get so fired up that it is highly likely if you were in person you would also be throwing punches. 

This is how unstable I think you are based on what you have said as well as your justifications towards how you went off at them. 

Break the cycle and don't become like your Pappy. 

• Boring 2
  • Angry 3

[WOLFG]
Members
24,717 posts
6,108 battles
1 minute ago, C_D said:

Laughing my azz off literally...because that is some TRUTH brother! Thanks for that one... :)

Heh yeah, whenever somebody here says, "well that escalated quickly" I think of my wife lol.

We do bicker about stupid stuff a lot and get all riled up, but we cool off and get over it quickly. I know to be VERY diplomatic about raising serious issues, because thise I would like to discuss rationally....

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
22,909 posts
23,457 battles
29 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

I disagree. 

I don't.  I think that you should be able to call out stupid whenever you see it.  And when those perpetrating the stupid swear at you for doing so, you should have every right to rip on them in no uncertain terms.  Don't be a Pollyanna.  

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1

[TIGRB]
Members
703 posts
15,401 battles
1 minute ago, Salvo_Creative said:

This is a game, losses happen. You got a chat ban because you became abusive towards them. 

You were in the wrong. 

Would be like you saying to the cops "I just pulled that guy out of his car and beat him to death because he ran a red light, I was totally justified" 

Look at your own actions and learn from them. If someone makes a mistake in game, you play on, loose then go back to port and play another game. 

You do not loose your mind into chat, that just shows you have some deep seeded rage issues and get so fired up that it is highly likely if you were in person you would also be throwing punches. 

This is how unstable I think you are based on what you have said as well as your justifications towards how you went off at them. 

I didn't get chat banned! Lord don't assume. I was pointing out that I understand WHY people rage chat. After being told to STFU by those guys I did just that.

• Cool 2

[SIDE]
Members
2,618 posts
4 minutes ago, GSXstage1 said:

Jesus, You guys missed the point here. And I see the White Knights are out in force. I didn't it was ok to rage chat. I was just pointing out that I can understand WHY people do it sometimes. When you point out a mistake and get told to stuff it becuase their precious ego has been hurt makes you want to rage.

Yup. Shadow admins out in force. Lol. 

[SALVO]
Members
22,909 posts
23,457 battles
1 minute ago, Salvo_Creative said:

You were in the wrong. 

Sorry, but I'm not bothered by the OP rage chatting.  You say that he became abusive towards the stupid players?  Well, from my perspective, they were abusive towards their team with their stupid play.

• Funny 3

[WOLFG]
Members
24,717 posts
6,108 battles
3 minutes ago, GSXstage1 said:

I didn't it was ok to rage chat. I was just pointing out that I can understand WHY people do it sometimes.

Fair enough, but it really doesn't need to be pointed out. Lots of people get angry for even sillier reasons.

[3COWS]
Members
710 posts
Just now, GSXstage1 said:

I didn't get chat banned! Lord don't assume. I was pointing out that I understand WHY people rage chat. After being told to STFU by those guys I did just that.

You have said you have been chat banned before, Then you went onto say to wargaming that you should also be able to rage into chat because you have 'justification' 

No, that is the justification of someone with some unhinged rage issues.

Get them under control before you hurt someone IRL, it is only a matter of time. 

• Angry 2

[WOLF7]
Members
12,288 posts
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

Sorry, but I'm not bothered by the OP rage chatting.  You say that he became abusive towards the stupid players?  Well, from my perspective, they were abusive towards their team with their stupid play.

Still living in that fantasy world where you'll actually think players care what you want?:Smile_glasses:

You're a tiny minority, yet you honestly believe otherwise, don't you....

[H_]
Members
623 posts
10,779 battles
3 minutes ago, GSXstage1 said:

When you point out a mistake and get told to stuff it

I'm finding its not even worth the effort to point anything out, or ask any kind of question or even use Chat other then to commend the players that do good things.  If they do crappy dumb stuff i just click on report.. and done.  

Not worth getting all riled up about it.