Jump to content
TheURLGuy

Clan Battles: “Neighbors” Season

27 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

41
[TF_HQ]
Members
89 posts
10,297 battles

Why is end of season rewards less than last season? 

6v6 will make it tougher to cycle players in Clan battles. Should have stayed 7v7. 

I am super excited for T8 battles though.  There are a lot of great ships at t8. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
482
[CUTE]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
1,900 posts
10,518 battles
28 minutes ago, uggferron said:

Why is end of season rewards less than last season? 

6v6 will make it tougher to cycle players in Clan battles. Should have stayed 7v7. 

I am super excited for T8 battles though.  There are a lot of great ships at t8. 

 

 

 

Less rewards since its t8 not t10. They changed it to 6v6 since most clans have issues getting the 7 people on to play it seems. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,986
[SALVO]
Members
22,944 posts
23,545 battles
21 minutes ago, Shigure_DD said:

Less rewards since its t8 not t10. They changed it to 6v6 since most clans have issues getting the 7 people on to play it seems. 

Also factor in that it's summer time, and that can be one of the reasons why it's difficult to get 7 players online to form a team.

 

Seems like their only other option would have been to just hold off on clan battles until school starts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2
[LANCE]
Members
2 posts
7,210 battles

Clan Battles... the thing I look forward to the most in my time in WoW.... Well not this season. I will list my feelings on the changes

1) Tier 8. While you can make the case that this is to allow more people to play, how? You gave rentals to anyone that had a tier 8 anyhow, so in fact it's the same player pool as before. (However there are a lot more ships for sale in the cash shop of tier 8)

2) 6 v 6... So now less people get to play, with in your words a increased player base..... why would you do that if your looking to get more players into the pool, unless the pool size was not the reason for the drop in tier, as stated. We often have 10 to 16 people that we are trying to cycle in on a given night, this is going to leave people out, not let more play for our clan.

3) viable ships. You can make a case for reasons to play most (not all) tier 10 ships in competitive game play. Looking through the ship lists, I see ONE very strong contender for DD and BB to play. The top cruiser I would pick just happens to be a cash shop one, though I would say there are 1 or 2 other cruisers that are not far behind. I Think it is a large drop down on the BB and DD sides to my 2nd pick, DD wise (and I mostly play dd's, or did before the @!#$#@ CV rework) I would not even consider playing any but 2 of them. 

I am not looking forward to this season, I may play it just to spend time in a larger format of my clan mates that I enjoy playing the game with but in all honesty I feel the play will be very downgraded from prior seasons. I personaly would enjoy seeing more operations added that are not tier 6 or 7, make some 8's in that, some 9's 10's or even better, make them a floating type... let anyone que any tier on any of them, and adjust the quality of the comp ships for the tier. Have larger divisions possible, and balance that as well in randoms, so active clans can do randoms together, if a group of six que up, make sure there is a group of six on the other team so it's fair. There are a lot of ways you could make greater participation for clans, then to change clan battles is what I'm saying here, instead of screwing with the clan battle format.

Not a fan of the changes.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
92
[KSD]
Members
188 posts
9,280 battles

Giving us 3000 less steel is pretty [edited].  Most teams wont even make it to hurricane like it is every season which makes it 4000 less steel overall. This change is pretty crappy on Wargaming part. They just give us less and less rewards each season. They need to increase the steel reward for this season , 3000 less is way to much even if there doing tier 8 ship which im not for sure what there thinking that just because there going with tier 8 there's magically going to be thousands of new players playing clan battles and making it is past Squall league.  They should just keep the steel at 11,500  every season . 

Edited by Buckeyefan21x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41
[TF_HQ]
Members
89 posts
10,297 battles
12 minutes ago, Tasmon said:

Clan Battles... the thing I look forward to the most in my time in WoW.... Well not this season. I will list my feelings on the changes

1) Tier 8. While you can make the case that this is to allow more people to play, how? You gave rentals to anyone that had a tier 8 anyhow, so in fact it's the same player pool as before. (However there are a lot more ships for sale in the cash shop of tier 8)

2) 6 v 6... So now less people get to play, with in your words a increased player base..... why would you do that if your looking to get more players into the pool, unless the pool size was not the reason for the drop in tier, as stated. We often have 10 to 16 people that we are trying to cycle in on a given night, this is going to leave people out, not let more play for our clan.

3) viable ships. You can make a case for reasons to play most (not all) tier 10 ships in competitive game play. Looking through the ship lists, I see ONE very strong contender for DD and BB to play. The top cruiser I would pick just happens to be a cash shop one, though I would say there are 1 or 2 other cruisers that are not far behind. I Think it is a large drop down on the BB and DD sides to my 2nd pick, DD wise (and I mostly play dd's, or did before the @!#$#@ CV rework) I would not even consider playing any but 2 of them. 

I am not looking forward to this season, I may play it just to spend time in a larger format of my clan mates that I enjoy playing the game with but in all honesty I feel the play will be very downgraded from prior seasons. I personaly would enjoy seeing more operations added that are not tier 6 or 7, make some 8's in that, some 9's 10's or even better, make them a floating type... let anyone que any tier on any of them, and adjust the quality of the comp ships for the tier. Have larger divisions possible, and balance that as well in randoms, so active clans can do randoms together, if a group of six que up, make sure there is a group of six on the other team so it's fair. There are a lot of ways you could make greater participation for clans, then to change clan battles is what I'm saying here, instead of screwing with the clan battle format.

Not a fan of the changes.

I agree with every point, but  the t8 ship part. That's just a matter of opinion. But however 6 v6 is going to make it hard for me to cycle 17 Clan battle members that I have and not including the new ones that I've already picked up and plan on participating.

However the steel  rewards for this season is absolutely crap and I don't understand why.

I don't feel like these were  changes. I feel like these were downgrades in the competitive section of the game. This means less incentive to play Clan battles which means less Clans are going to participate. This is probably the sole reason that I created my clan and push so hard for guys to get up to tier 10. it's so that we can all play Clan battles.. 

However I'm not going to boycott the season we are going to show up with bells on. And we're going to lay as much smack down as possible.

Come on wargaming listen to the community not the top 1%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
482
[CUTE]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
1,900 posts
10,518 battles

T8 is ok competitive wows was t8 for years till WG made CB and ranked t10 then it was moved. I love how when it was 7v7 people complained that was to many players for them to get for CB and people are saying 6 is to little... I say lets just do the King of the sea rule set and do 9v9 1 cv 2bb. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15
[F4E]
Members
54 posts
3,494 battles

If you often have 10-16 people online, run two teams of 6 instead of just one.  It will make it easier to form teams.  Having only one team play with 6 people and cycling 17 people through it is, crazy?

I love the T8 ships, but I hate all the P2W ships at T8.  Keep clan battles sacred and scrap the premium ships.  At least at T10 the premium ships are not superior to their tech tree brethren.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4
[ERK]
Members
26 posts
28,779 battles

Ok don't get it.  WOWs should refund in cash every dollar spent on anything associated with CVs if they are going to make them unplayable in every mode and event in the game.  Next we will play tier 5 no CV, tier 7 no CV and tier 9 no CV.  The 2 tier division between CVs was not meant to make them playable, it was to steal the money from customers.  They have been nerfed enough, why limit their participation?  This game is all about money, so give us back our money and not just doubloons.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
306 posts
14,659 battles

Hmmm in what universe is cross server match making enjoyable? It isn’t, unless you have “home server” advantage.

 Thanks but no thanks, sitting this season out.  Not a big loss to the field, one less potato to be baked, fried or however you like em.

Good luck to the participants!!  

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4
[-BSS-]
Members
11 posts
11,902 battles

IMO this will be a fun CW season!! 

1) It will be a challenge with Tier 8s way more options in ships!! 

2) No Rentals

3) 6 vs 6 will allow more players with A & B teams, maybe even multiple B Teams!!  

I'd like to see WG do an even Lower Tier (maybe 6 next time)also, but also keep Season with Tier 10s!! 

  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
482
[CUTE]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
1,900 posts
10,518 battles
1 hour ago, AKBear08 said:

Ok don't get it.  WOWs should refund in cash every dollar spent on anything associated with CVs if they are going to make them unplayable in every mode and event in the game.  Next we will play tier 5 no CV, tier 7 no CV and tier 9 no CV.  The 2 tier division between CVs was not meant to make them playable, it was to steal the money from customers.  They have been nerfed enough, why limit their participation?  This game is all about money, so give us back our money and not just doubloons.

 

Ummm did you watch how CVs did last King of the Sea? They were OP and that was 9v9, in a competitive mode a good cv driver will wreck a team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22
[TXGUN]
Members
23 posts
10,647 battles

I don't have a freakin' T8 Cruiser!  Wargaming's foolishness of placing T8s vs. T10 made me stop collecting T8 BBs, for example cause folks get slaughtered playing vs T10 !!!  My Enterprise planes can't make 1 run vs T10 BBs & a vast majority of T10 CAs.  I also agree T8 & 6v6 in Clan Bats is unnecessary cause of 'rentals'.  It reeeks of lameness!  My clan has played 1,194 Clan Bats the last 2 seasons alone!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
223
[KMS]
Beta Testers
177 posts
14,046 battles

I see lots of kids, with 6x6 and tr8, Have 16 Tr 10 ships and it's TR8.

LOL just counted 33 tr8s in my port , biggest [edited] is going to be which to play

Its summer why not have some real fun and split the season up into Low, Med and high tier.

I remember once wot had a clan battle season where the first night was tr 1 , then tr2 3 days latter tr 3 etc. ended with tr10 for the rest of the season.

or split it like ranked used to be different leagues were different tiers.

some people want CVs in clan Battles, that would require at least 8x8 to even begin  to balance the effect of adding them.

guess we will just have to see how it goes...…...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42
[FORGV]
Members
453 posts
9,020 battles

1) It'll be nice to get in a Battle with a Tier 8 Ship without being Bottom Tier

2) Is there a Free Respec?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
545
[-BRS-]
Members
1,265 posts
6,211 battles
2 hours ago, Rhayzor said:

1) It'll be nice to get in a Battle with a Tier 8 Ship without being Bottom Tier

2) Is there a Free Respec?

Play one clan battle and then it's free.  Should be free for everyone, given the constant state of change this game has been in.

Edited by 0NutsNBolts0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[NGA]
Members
6 posts
16,583 battles

What happens to points when a team kill occurs during a clan battles match?  Is deliberate team kill against a written or unwritten rule?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,897
[CUTEZ]
-Members-
1,641 posts
1,067 battles
10 hours ago, Ghstrdr03 said:

What happens to points when a team kill occurs during a clan battles match?  Is deliberate team kill against a written or unwritten rule?

The team that did the "intentional" teamkill will still lose the appropriate points. There is no advantage to sinking your own teammates. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,022
[SOFOP]
Members
1,593 posts
10,615 battles

Sure would have been nice if we could MOVE captains between ships for free during this.  Most people don't keep their best captains on T8 ships and not everyone has premium ships to use for this.  This gives a big advantage to people who have T8 premiums and/or tons of ECXP in order to move captains around.  I appreciate the free respecs, but commander moves should have been included as well as dismounts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[NGA]
Members
6 posts
16,583 battles
On 8/1/2019 at 11:13 AM, Kami said:

The team that did the "intentional" teamkill will still lose the appropriate points. There is no advantage to sinking your own teammates. 

Thank you Kami.  Still bad form though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
179
[DRHS]
Members
378 posts
16,625 battles

So my Clan's opinion so far of this Season's CW is poor, and thats being nice about it. Tier 8 has so many ships that are UNBALANCED it removes all the fun from CW. We in general would rather see Tier 7,9, or the standard 10. The DD's vary greatly in capabilities, most of the cruisers have the same issue that Tier 8 Cruisers have always had, a need of a heal. And as far as BB's go well there are a few that are good, a few ok and a few that are just BAD, (Monarch for example, haven't see one yet in CW this season). Tier 8 has the most Premium ships of any Tier and although we dont lack in this area, some clans do.

This season is turning out to be the Clan with the bigest wallet ( most Premium ships) wins.  IMO worst season so far and were thinking of just taking a pass on this season.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×