You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

Gonna take a break

26 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
903 posts

Pinked 3 times tonight   

1st  Closing in on a NC  within .5km  on an OBVIOUS torp run... Atlanta wants the kill so after I launch my 8 perfectly aimed torps for the kill ( less than .5km away mind you and FAR to the starboard of the ATL )  he turns right into them ..TK PINKED.

craphappens right?  , he's doing the usual tantrums etc....I do my games in pink ..go back into play.

2nd

Now I'm  in my NOLA  A DD pops smoke but backs up real fast because hes getting pasted HARD.  I rush in to cover him...  He sees me about to blast the CA he goes FULL THROTTLE into me  as I fire my shots ( and take a few to save him ) because why?  NOW he wants to fire torps.  My guns somehow hit him as he is grinding down my hull PINKED!!

OK having a bad night....do my pink panty rounds ..try to play again

3rd

I'm Bow to Bow with a Lenin  We are both up against an island...HAMMERING on each other!!  A freaking JET SKI wouldn't fit between us and the island.  Some YAHOO in a CL comes full throttle to my port side and tries to squeeze between me and the island because I think he has torps and wants that kill...

I GOT PINKED BECAUSE HE RAMMED ME!!!!

Now this Jacked up game tells me I have to play FIVE more games Pinked because of THAT!

People don't play this game anymore , they are just a bunch of wrecking balls running around trying to farm damage so they can earn the grind toys WG dangles in front of them non stop. 

Ops is no better.. they rush and ram to get all of the free stuff then hide in back when it is time to shoot things that shoot back. Played Ops lately?  It a CF as they run into each other trying to kill forts then its hilarious to see the same people hide outside of the bay until you kill all of the bad guys so they can rush back into the bay to get more forts etc,

This is all because of the so called " Missions "   It is the ONE thing I noticed that I didn't like when I got here, now it seems 10 times worse.

Col Out

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 8

[SIDE]
Members
2,640 posts
10 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Pinked 3 times tonight   

1st  Closing in on a NC  within .5km  on an OBVIOUS torp run... Atlanta wants the kill so after I launch my 8 perfectly aimed torps for the kill ( less than .5km away mind you and FAR to the starboard of the ATL )  he turns right into them ..TK PINKED.

craphappens right?  , he's doing the usual tantrums etc....I do my games in pink ..go back into play.

2nd

Now I'm  in my NOLA  A DD pops smoke but backs up real fast because hes getting pasted HARD.  I rush in to cover him...  He sees me about to blast the CA he goes FULL THROTTLE into me  as I fire my shots ( and take a few to save him ) because why?  NOW he wants to fire torps.  My guns somehow hit him as he is grinding down my hull PINKED!!

3rd

I'm Bow to Bow with a Lenin  We are both up against an island...HAMMERING on each other!!  A freaking JET SKI wouldn't fit between us and the island.  Some YAHOO in a CL comes full throttle to my port side and tries to squeeze between me and the island because I think he has torps and wants that kill...

Now this Jacked up game tells me I have to play FIVE more games Pinked because of THAT!

People don't play this game anymore , they are just a bunch of wrecking balls running around trying to farm damage so they can earn the grind toys WG dangles in front of them non stop. 

Ops is no better.. they rush and ram to get all of the free stuff then hide in back when it is time to shoot things that shoot back. Played Ops lately?  It a CF as they run into each other trying to kill forts then its hilarious to see the same people hide outside of the bay until you kill all of the bad guys so they can rush back into the bay to get more forts etc,

This is all because of the so called " Missions "   It is the ONE thing I noticed that I didn't like when I got here, now it seems 10 times worse.

Col Out

I feel your pain. Drink a little more. Play a little less for a while. It’ll get better.

Edited by thebigblue
  • Cool 2

[GWG]
Supertester
22,902 posts
12,800 battles
7 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

I feel your pain. Drink a little more. Play a little less for a while. It’ll get better.

This and playing co-op would help too. I have been on a light play schedule for a bit now, since 8.5 to be honest and that helps too.

• Cool 3

[CRMSN]
Members
8,832 posts
9,700 battles
42 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Yes play less. Its a benefit for everyone.

This.

More, for you to be pink that much says 2 things about you: You damage your teammates way too much, and you don't pay attention to them and what they're doing.

Sorry, but this is on you, not your teammates. You shouldn't ever be so close to your teammates, so, you shouldn't be able to hit them with guns, and, if teammates are that close, you have no business firing torps, either. You fire it, you own it, period. Stop whining about how everything is so bad and so unfair every day, and take charge of your game, and own it when you mess up instead of blaming your in game victims.

• Cool 3
  • Angry 1

[VW]
Members
3,235 posts
16,323 battles
2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

This and playing co-op would help too. I have been on a light play schedule for a bit now, since 8.5 to be honest and that helps too.

Pretty sure he was describing coop. Typical behavior one kill missions go out. Its a comp to see who gets it, blocking is fair right?

[KSE]
Beta Testers
1,571 posts
14,716 battles
4 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

Pretty sure he was describing coop. Typical behavior one kill missions go out. Its a comp to see who gets it, blocking is fair right?

Yeah, it would be unusual for any of those three situations to happen concurrently in randoms.  Only bots are going to let you pull of those maneuvers and approaches.

[TBW]
Members
8,642 posts
15,512 battles
1 hour ago, monpetitloup said:

I try not to torp my team mates in Co op, that is where you really learn how not to kill your own team with torps. I wish I could see team kills on the game stats, so WG do something more with the stats page. It has been the same since I started playing. Show some negative stats please.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
424 posts
8,687 battles
9 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Yes play less. Its a benefit for everyone.

I was hoping he'd take a break from the forums and play more.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Members
894 posts

An Atlanta "FAR" away rushes between torps and their target only .5km away ...

I didn't know the Atlanta was that kind of dragster; I need to buy one!

• Funny 1

[WOLFG]
Members
7,019 posts
5,021 battles
6 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I try not to torp my team mates in Co op, that is where you really learn how not to kill your own team with torps. I wish I could see team kills on the game stats, so WG do something more with the stats page. It has been the same since I started playing. Show some negative stats please.

When you are going for a late game kill in coop, you can find yourself with two (or more) ships on a yolo run for a torp shot. 

You got to know when to pull out.

So to speak.

[TIGRB]
Members
720 posts
15,425 battles
9 hours ago, Not_Taking_my_Cents said:

This.

More, for you to be pink that much says 2 things about you: You damage your teammates way too much, and you don't pay attention to them and what they're doing.

Sorry, but this is on you, not your teammates. You shouldn't ever be so close to your teammates, so, you shouldn't be able to hit them with guns, and, if teammates are that close, you have no business firing torps, either. You fire it, you own it, period. Stop whining about how everything is so bad and so unfair every day, and take charge of your game, and own it when you mess up instead of blaming your in game victims.

Dude, Did you even read his post? If he is sitting and another ship runs up and RAMS HIM it is NOT his fault! Ever! Your using Logic taught on CNN! Lord,,stop and think hard about what your saying.

• Cool 2
  • Confused 1

[--O--]
Members
297 posts
10 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

Pinked 3 times tonight   

2nd

3rd

Col Out

I just last week made a post about this VERY SAME SITUATION... People intentionally taking damage to turn people pink and got many of your same replies.. ITS A PROBLEM PEOPLE.... More and more are having it happen, its the same jerks or people like them doing crap in WOT now doing it here.  People need to read the post not just assume. First situation in this one is a My bad, Other 2 situations were intentional and Possibly even first, but it (1st) was a no shoot with a teammate in front.

• Cool 1

[VW]
Members
3,235 posts
16,323 battles
7 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

In coop the bots do that for you now. I constantly get torped by geen bots in me dd while lying in wait in smoke or making yolo torp runs.

good thing :Fletcher will be pink for a few games after... oh wait...

[NFE]
Members
349 posts
3,103 battles

I always assume my teammates are idiots, and play accordingly. Often, I'm right.

[TARK]
Members
402 posts
3,139 battles
16 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

Pinked 3 times tonight   

2nd

3rd

Col Out

I found the secret to annoying/handling annoying teammates (can be taken both ways).

Just be WAY out of position at all times.  

[WOLFC]
Members
665 posts
6,160 battles
15 hours ago, Not_Taking_my_Cents said:

More, for you to be pink that much says 2 things about you:

Unless this happens regularly, all it means is he should file a WG support ticket to have his name changed to Col_Lucky

Members
231 posts
79 battles

It's truly disturbing that a human being, top of the food chain, can get as emotionally triggered as he is over the color pink that means absolutely nothing and causes no performance penalty or loss of credits or anything whatsoever.  I wonder what happens if his ship ever turns periwinkle.

Maybe we should hit all the colors of the Crayola Crayon box and see if he spontaneously combusts.

You can't get anywhere in life being this emotionally fragile, especially over something that means absolutely ZERO.  It will destroy virtually all opportunities in career and relationships.

• Angry 1

[WOLFC]
Members
665 posts
6,160 battles
3 minutes ago, A_Burning_Sensation said:

It's truly disturbing that a human being, top of the food chain, can get as emotionally triggered as he is over the color pink that means absolutely nothing and causes no performance penalty or loss of credits or anything whatsoever.  I wonder what happens if his ship ever turns periwinkle.

Maybe we should hit all the colors of the Crayola Crayon box and see if he spontaneously combusts.

You can't get anywhere in life being this emotionally fragile, especially over something that means absolutely ZERO.  It will destroy virtually all opportunities in career and relationships.

I think he's just complaining about the incredible bad luck he's run into... You have to admit, that is one unlucky guy

Members
1,059 posts
6,055 battles
13 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Oddly enough co op is also a good educational tool for awareness of teammates... and their ordinance... you learn fast when :halsey: your teammate does his torp driveby from behind you and lands 5 in your belly... 3 games in a row.

[WOLFC]
Members
665 posts
6,160 battles
1 minute ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

I took a break too. It seems After 10 days I found out that WoWs isn't all that and a box of crackers.

I have extended my break indefinitely.

I'm an early backer of the pvp mmorpg game, Camelot Unchained, still in alpha/beta...ish. Once that game gets launched I will probably leave this game. I might leave it before that, when Halo on PC comes out - depending on how good that game is (I've never played Halo before but it's a classic-style FPS multiplayer game)... I'm playing now because I can play and listen to podcasts/youtube interviews, etc at the same time (even if I sometimes have to rewind parts I missed), and because I can't do this with the other types of games I like, which are story-heavy games like Baldur's Gate 3.

Members
231 posts
79 battles
2 minutes ago, Silisquish said:

I think he's just complaining about the incredible bad luck he's run into... You have to admit, that is one unlucky guy

It's not an issue of luck.  It's just his version of the stories.  Which you can tell are suspect because how can you be .5km away from any target, fire torps, and have an Atlanta turn into them.  Either he's lying about the distance or the vector of the Atlanta or the fact that the Atlanta player was already engaging in the turn before the torps were fired.  Not to mention that fact that the overwhelming forum majority of quality players will tell you that torp firing is 100% the responsibility of the one firing the torps and they should only ever be fired if it's impossible for friendlies to hit them.  And if you plan to put a friendly at risk, it needs to be both communicated by torp firer and confirmed in response by friendly that they acknowledge the intent to launch.

Even the thinnest paper has two sides.  Plus he of course never posted replays like they never do so it's all hearsay.  Add the fact that he runs from reality by hiding his stats and you can not trust a single word of his 'reality' in his story telling.

[WOLFC]
Members
665 posts
6,160 battles
1 minute ago, A_Burning_Sensation said:

Which you can tell are suspect because how can you be .5km away from any target, fire torps, and have an Atlanta turn into them.  Either he's lying about the distance or the vector of the Atlanta or the fact that the Atlanta player was already engaging in the turn before the torps were fired. 

lol yeah you're right I didn't catch that! He is, at the very least, the kind of person who likes to exaggerate.