You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
hexeris

Siegfried

11 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
649 posts
11,998 battles

Was in a battle yesterday with 2 of them on my team in a div. Those things just kicked butt. Only 6 guns but seem very effective at this stage. Anyone else seen them in battle?

• Cool 1

[WOLFB]
Members
3,003 posts
12,584 battles

I've watched Notser vid on Siegfried and tbh, this ship looks nuts. It's definitely not a ship you want to face at close range, especially when you have 25mm armour or less.

[SYN]
Members
8,125 posts
12,753 battles

The mooted cruiser plating changes may make a big difference - lots more 30/27mm plate.

[HDR]
Beta Testers
301 posts
5,915 battles
1 hour ago, AlcatrazNC said:

I've watched Notser vid on Siegfried and tbh, this ship looks nuts. It's definitely not a ship you want to face at close range, especially when you have 25mm armour or less.

I am not impressed by it I have watched more than a few matches of Flambass and Flamu in it and didnt  do anything extraordinary . The video Notser posted it was a tier 7 match so Ideal circumstances. I will say it is accurate but I dont know why it just seems to have a hard time delivering knocout punches

Members
80 posts
2 minutes ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

Wait, didn't Fem say on Thursday it wasn't even in live testing yet? It's now being tested on the servers?

The testers and CC's have had it for 4-5 days now. Flamu is the only one I've watched play it and he's struggling to do more than 80k most games.

[KNMSU]
Members
6,801 posts
7,425 battles
1 minute ago, Crimson_19 said:

The testers and CC's have had it for 4-5 days now. Flamu is the only one I've watched play it and he's struggling to do more than 80k most games.

Yeah, as I said, the thing really does not fit where it is being tiered. I would rather see it slightly neutered at tier 8 or 7, than forced into tier 9.

[NUWES]
Members
2,614 posts
8,402 battles

I was in a match with one on my side. It hung in the back with the BBs and did nothing of use. 

[CAST]
Members
4,772 posts
3,337 battles

DPM is far too low by cruiser standards (or BB standards for that matter). Her saving grace, her great accuracy, only works in the hands of those with perfect aim and that can land frequent citadels. Other than that ... very meh? Her AA looks good. Her armor is ... questionable. 90mm casemate, but main belt is sitting super low so that most of what her centerline above the water is 90mm, which is terrible as it's thick enough to arm all fuses, but not thick enough to repel even DD AP when showing broadside. I also could not see any waterline extra plating at the bow and stern from the view images or vids I could find. This is horrid as it means that even Hipper is tankier than her when angled.