You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
tm63au

Smolensk What class Is She

21 comments in this topic

[POP]
Members
2,157 posts
19,267 battles

Been trying do a search for this ship on the net and various forums some say project 65 others Project 84 then there is people saying its a Napkinski class cruiser can anyone let me no the official class designation of this beauty please.

regards

Edited by tm63au

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator
2,449 posts
13,418 battles
6 minutes ago, tm63au said:

Napkinski class cruiser

She was "WIP class" cruiser. :cap_horn: 

and

I also had a serious doubt on your statement "of this beauty" and concern coming from a perspective of a player who long dislike "USSR ships", "paper ship". 

• Boring 2

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,439 posts
8,206 battles
14 minutes ago, tm63au said:

Been trying do a search for this ship on the net and various forums some say project 65 others Project 84 then there is people saying its a Napkinski class cruiser can anyone let me no the official class designation of this beauty please.

Russian WoWS wiki says they're called Project MLK: https://wiki.wargaming.net/ru/Navy:Легкие_крейсера_проекта_МЛК

Smolensk in particular is pr. MLK 16х130

Members
768 posts
18,340 battles
17 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

"Sovietsky OP" class last time I checked.

LOL.

I believe OP stands for "Oversky Powerezhnyet."

The Russians generally called their ships (and tanks) "Русскыжнскж Бжазетчсны" (Russkyinski Biazethsny). So, in this case, the name would be;

Russkyinski Biazethsny Oversky Powerezhnyet.

Russians love their long, ostentatious names.

[POP]
Members
2,157 posts
19,267 battles
1 hour ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

She was "WIP class" cruiser. :cap_horn: 

and

I also had a serious doubt on your statement "of this beauty" and concern coming from a perspective of a player who long dislike "USSR ships", "paper ship". 

I reject your accusations of my views on Russian ships I have many VMF ships, the fact that  you have one of the best destroyers in game and refuse to play it due your own bias towards that nation is a damning indictment on you SIR.

Its been long established you are in fact anti USN as you refuse to play your Smith in game :Smile_veryhappy:  

Edited by tm63au

[WOLFG]
Members
7,004 posts
5,021 battles
1 hour ago, yacskn said:

Russians love their long, ostentatious names.

Reminds me of reading Crime in Punishment in high school.

I hated that book.

Beta Testers
338 posts
2,060 battles

The ship's class is whatever the Russian phrase is for "We pulled this out of our butts".

Edit:It's also the first cruiser to have the same designation as it's nation's battleships :Smile_hiding:

[BASIN]
Members
3,312 posts
2 hours ago, tm63au said:

regards

She's the Russian version of the Worcester,Colbert

Smolensk.png

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
2,157 posts
19,267 battles
3 hours ago, vak_ said:

Russian WoWS wiki says they're called Project MLK: https://wiki.wargaming.net/ru/Navy:Легкие_крейсера_проекта_МЛК

Smolensk in particular is pr. MLK 16х130

A big thanks  to @vak_ for wiki page other than that there is a article from the daily bounce about the ship with a link to some obscure page link to another article about this ship with some diagrams, but a search for the ship class under project MLK with a standard google search gets this:

https://www.writerstheatre.org/the-mlk-project-tour which is in fact about  Martin Luther King but i digress getting off subject some what.

It seems Lesta has better connections to the Kremlin than the KGB when it comes to getting blueprints of secret developments.

For the ship itsself looking at these obscure designs and realising that real ships could have been made I have trouble keeping a straight face on the matter of this tier 10 Cruiser cant wait till she is released:Smile_ohmy::Smile_sceptic:     

Edited by tm63au

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
12,285 posts
17,786 battles
1 hour ago, tm63au said:

Its been long established you are in fact anti USN as you refuse to play your Smith in game :Smile_veryhappy:  

I can't blame him for that; while Smith isn't the worst DD in the game it's hardly a stand out. 

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator
2,449 posts
13,418 battles
42 minutes ago, Umikami said:

I can't blame him for that

hic hic

you didn't know the whole story behind it, THE WHOLE STORY, where the receiver did not even want the Smith BUT was FORCED given ........... IT A LONG STORY

56 minutes ago, tm63au said:

For the ship itsself looking at these obscure designs and realising that real ships could have been made I have trouble keeping a straight face on the matter of this tier 10 Cruiser cant wait till she is

So here we go again, negative toward the design ..........  "you are stink on coffee" LOL

[WOLF2]
Members
563 posts
14,777 battles
On 7/15/2019 at 5:49 PM, vak_ said:

Project MLK

They want ships to be judged on the content of their magazines, not the color of their camo.