TheURLGuy

Recruits for the Lone Sailor - Getting Your Link Out There

12 comments in this topic

[90TH]
Alpha Tester
8,910 posts
9,171 battles

I am inspired by the "very historical shootiebotes!!" tshirt. Where can I get one? (of course, hand made by the URL Guy only, or I'm not interested)

a4d082a8-a740-11e9-a79b-d89d6715223c.jpg

[H_]
Members
2,931 posts
13,436 battles
54 minutes ago, TheURLGuy said:

A totally serious guide!
Read it on the portal

Ah, No.....  Everyone I know started with WoTs and left that game en masse.  Many came here; now, after the Radar meta's and Update 8.0, I'm the only one left.  Gimmicks ≠ Quality....

I love this game.......... Bring back the quality and I'd consider recruiting again.  Apologies is this seems harsh....

• Cool 3

[KWF]
Members
3,686 posts
5,280 battles

If you can stock us with torpillows, we can shoot them to unsuspecting friends. 

Makes for a good first WoWs lesson too.

• Cool 1

[DD579]
Members
231 posts
26,565 battles

A daunting task to recruit when you do not have any social media or do not socialize in public. A daunting task indeed. Bars and restaurants that I do like, will not allow this, I could be banned from them.  Shirts...I have many, but seldom go to a public area where this would be effective. Workplace, against company policy. My mailing list is my family and I only told my nephews, but I did not use a recruiter link. They prefer console and will likely be on the console version. Yep, a daunting task. Which is why I prefer to sail alone at this moment. The sea has many things, but never the same thing twice. So, I sail anyway only because land sucks.

• Cool 2

[IRISH]
Members
11 posts
12,314 battles
7 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

A daunting task to recruit when you do not have any social media or do not socialize in public. A daunting task indeed. Bars and restaurants that I do like, will not allow this, I could be banned from them.  Shirts...I have many, but seldom go to a public area where this would be effective. Workplace, against company policy. My mailing list is my family and I only told my nephews, but I did not use a recruiter link. They prefer console and will likely be on the console version. Yep, a daunting task. Which is why I prefer to sail alone at this moment. The sea has many things, but never the same thing twice. So, I sail anyway only because land sucks.

Trust me man, your not the only one with this dilemma. I too am not much of a social media type of person and workplace advertisement especially of a video game is definitely a no no. I have an older son who started playing WoT on console a few years back & left it because of the direction the game went, he laughs at me for still playing a Wargaming game. I sigh and tell him this is the only decent ship to ship battle game on the market. If only someone would release a really good SAILING ship battle game.. imagine a 72 gun broadside at close range!! wooden splinters flying everywhere and smoke from the cannons obscuring your view, that's just a small fraction of awesomeness, Empire Total War is the only place I can have that kind of sailing satisfaction for the time being. Wow did I ever get off subject here.. lol anyways just wanted to say your not alone.

[MTL-S]
Members
34 posts
4 hours ago, TeutonicKnight said:

If only someone would release a really good SAILING ship battle game.. imagine a 72 gun broadside at close range!! wooden splinters flying everywhere and smoke from the cannons obscuring your view, that's just a small fraction of awesomeness ...

Ever tried SH3 ? Not sailing but ... awesome....

About recruiting, well, not for now. Just came back after a few years and ... not to sure what to think about this game ...

Members
58 posts
485 battles

When I joined as a new player, I'd had my account for a few days or so and then searched for new player bonuses online since I know Wargaming ujsually does that. I found a code for New Player bonus.  The Web page had you select New Player, or Inactive for 90 days Player.  The package with all the premium days, credits, signals, camo and Warspite premium (After playing a tier 6 battle).  Is that what our recruits will be getting?  I don't see anywhere that it talks about their bonus gifts.  It would be nice to tell them.  Because I got an actual code, then went and entered it.  We're sending these guys a link instead so wanted to check.

Can a new player that's already signed up and has an account still accept this recruitment and get bonuses within a certain time limit, or is that something different?  It was sure a big help to get a head start with those gifts.  Very cool.  So I hope I can pass that along to someone also.  Just need to know if they have to have no account and what they get for bonuses.

Thanks

• Cool 1

Members
36 posts
375 battles
6 hours ago, MakersMike said:

Can a new player that's already signed up and has an account still accept this recruitment and get bonuses within a certain time limit, or is that something different?  It was sure a big help to get a head start with those gifts.  Very cool.  So I hope I can pass that along to someone also.  Just need to know if they have to have no account and what they get for bonuses.

Hey  Mike,  It's your favourite admin on WoWs Gamer Blog FB Group, you can easily become a recruiter and have your own recruitment station, after you have completed 15 battles on your account. contact me on the group if you need any help with banners, social media, or even your own blog to advertise your Recruiting Station. Your recruiting station is HERE.

Edited by GhostWarrlor

Members
58 posts
485 battles
45 minutes ago, GhostWarrlor said:

Hey  Mike,  It's your favourite admin on WoWs Gamer Blog FB Group, you can easily become a recruiter and have your own recruitment station, after you have completed 15 battles on your account. contact me on the group if you need any help with banners, social media, or even your own blog to advertise your Recruiting Station. Your recruiting station is HERE.

Thanks for the reply GhostWarrior.

Yes, I've already been following the recruitment steps and sent the 3 invites that are supposed to give that Jr. container reward and I don't think I've received that yet.  And I've sent more invites since then.  My question is am I able to only recruit players that don't have an account yet, or can I recruit players that are brand new but have played already.  

I got a new player bonus with the Warspite tier 6 premium and premium time etc, that a lot of people got.  I had already been playing for a short time when I redeemed the bonus code. 

***UPDATE***  I see the package details now.  Yes it's the same package.  Okay, now that I know what they'll get, I just need to know if it works for players that have just joined but are still very new.   Because that's how I got the package.  I was already playing, but new.  And if they can use it, what is the cutoff before they've played too many games or length of time to accept the invite and count as one of my recruits.  Or is this only for players that have zero games and no account with world of warships yet.

Thanks

Edited by MakersMike

Members
36 posts
375 battles
2 hours ago, MakersMike said:

***UPDATE***  I see the package details now.  Yes it's the same package.  Okay, now that I know what they'll get, I just need to know if it works for players that have just joined but are still very new.   Because that's how I got the package.  I was already playing, but new.  And if they can use it, what is the cutoff before they've played too many games or length of time to accept the invite and count as one of my recruits.  Or is this only for players that have zero games and no account with world of warships yet.

As a recruiter, you can recruit new players that have never opened an account, but now can using your recruitment link, You can also recruit players (Veterans) that have not played for 90+ days using the same recruitment link as used with new players. 

I have written a more detailed article regarding the Recruiting Station, link below.

https://www.wows-gamer-blog.com/2019/06/recruiting-station-guide-rewards.html

Regarding the 3 links you sent out via email or social media, you should have received a junior container, I would advise contacting Customer support.

contact me on the WGB FB group for a faster reply to your questions. :cap_horn:

Edited by GhostWarrlor
  • Cool 2

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,896 posts
5,614 battles

Same reason my youtube channel for world of warships never took off, same reason I can't do the recruiting thing.  I'm an anti-social, anti-facebook type.  Add in that it's really the only game I play on PC so the people I do interact with are....  Warships people...  It's a vicious cycle lol. 

• Funny 1