You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LadyAnesjka

Three Games in a row. 3 Detonations....

45 comments in this topic

[HRVAT]
Members
1,233 posts
9,519 battles

What is this ? So dumb... did they change how detonation is working ?

I was just chasing down Farragut , under 1000 hp, I am near about 60 percent health Icarus.

Boom. I die.

Am in Amagi... Shoot and sink Mahan and he let off torpedoes from about 6 km.... 2 hit.... I am about 70 percent and healing.

Boom i die ( from a Torpedo i think this is REALLY dumb... Torpedo explode on hull, How is this able to Detonate ? )

I am Atlanta chasing Fiji... I am about Half health...

guess what.

20190715_164316_PJSB013-Amagi-1942_35_NE_north_winter.wowsreplay

20190715_174138_PBSD106-Icarus_46_Estuary.wowsreplay

Edited by LadyAnesjka
  • Confused 1

[NSC]
Members
1,744 posts
Just now, LadyAnesjka said:

I was just chasing down Farragut , under 1000 hp, I am near about 60 percent health Icarus.

Boom. I die.

Am in Amagi... Shoot and sink Mahan and he let off torpedoes from about 6 km.... 2 hit.... I am about 70 percent and healing.

Boom i die ( from a Torpedo i think this is REALLY dumb... Torpedo explode on hull, How is this able to Detonate ? )

guess what.

On the bright side, no more dets for awhile if you use those det flags. I don't think detonation mechanics have been changed. It would be announced. Also, there wasn't a new patch today.

[PQUOD]
Members
2,059 posts
4,196 battles
4 minutes ago, LadyAnesjka said:

Boom. I die.

guess what.

Taking a torp under a turret can detonate your ship.

Detonations are fun and engaging.

At least you get some flags out of it.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
12,203 posts
17,729 battles
15 minutes ago, LadyAnesjka said:

Torpedo explode on hull, How is this able to Detonate ?

Hit your magazine and you went BOOM!

[GWG]
Supertester
22,784 posts
12,774 battles
27 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

On the bright side, no more dets for awhile if you use those det flags. I don't think detonation mechanics have been changed. It would be announced. Also, there wasn't a new patch today.

They haven't changed, the OP just had a string of bad luck.

[SALVO]
Members
22,904 posts
23,457 battles

Honestly, I wish that WG would remove the "only once per day" awarding of signal flags for being detonated.  The "once per day" thing makes sense for positive achievements, like Kraken or Confederate, etc.  But for the only negative achievement that's strictly a (bad) luck thing, players really ought to be able to get the 10 signals per detonation more than once per day.

• Cool 4

[PQUOD]
Members
3,044 posts
11,659 battles

Juliet Charlie. I've had a couple detonations before and I 'd start flying them. Kind of like over the counter medication. Take when needed. 

Was hit in a 100% full health Montana under #2 turret and was detonated by ONE MIDWAY TORPEDO. That was a jaw dropping wth moment.

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,108 posts
10,577 battles
32 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

Taking a torp under a turret can detonate your ship.

Detonations are fun and engaging.

At least you get some flags out of it.

And a God send when your out numbered or have been sunk while your team was losing.

In regards to that your Atlanta: bow on you are impenetrable to a Fiji or any RN CL except Belfast at short to medium range. Unless it was a torpedo, it couldn't have happened IF you were properly mitigating his weapons; i do it all the time and love how so many Fiji drivers so completely oblige.

[WOLF2]
Members
4,317 posts
16,713 battles
1 hour ago, LadyAnesjka said:

Boom. I die.

guess what.

Detonating is a skill … 

One that you have apparently mastered :)

• Funny 1

[WOLF3]
Members
22,410 posts
20,527 battles

You get detonated the first time in a day in PVP, you get a stack of 10 Detonation flags to prevent it from happening for 10 battles.

Obviously you didn't use them :Smile_teethhappy:

Members
768 posts
18,340 battles

I still don't understand why detonations are a thing.

The odd detonation you see or experience once in a while does more to frustrate and anger people than introduce some surprise dynamic that enhances gameplay.

Especially given the grind you have to endure day in and day out. These detonations are like a slap in the face from WG because they ruin people's games.

• Cool 4
  • Angry 1

[WOLF3]
Members
22,410 posts
20,527 battles
6 minutes ago, yacskn said:

I still don't understand why detonations are a thing.

The odd detonation you see or experience once in a while does more to frustrate and anger people than introduce some surprise dynamic that enhances gameplay.

Especially given the grind you have to endure day in and day out. These detonations are like a slap in the face from WG because they ruin people's games.

Detonations have happened in naval warfare.  The ship may survive still, as what happened to New Orleans who took 1 Long Lance and Minneapolis who took 2 Long Lance torpedoes.  Their bows were blown off.  New Orleans had her magazine detonated also.  The ships again, survived but were in no condition to fight in Tassafaronga.

Members
768 posts
18,340 battles
10 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Detonations have happened in naval warfare.  The ship may survive still, as what happened to New Orleans who took 1 Long Lance and Minneapolis who took 2 Long Lance torpedoes.  Their bows were blown off.  New Orleans had her magazine detonated also.  The ships again, survived but were in no condition to fight in Tassafaronga.

Can we please not bring historical arguments into these forums to justify game mechanics?

It's silly.

Edited by yacskn
  • Cool 2

[INTEL]
Members
11,334 posts
31,780 battles

We nearly lost one because of a ridiculous detonation from a single CV torp of a Georgia. This ahistorical, completely unethical mechanic should long ago have been removed, but WG wants random AFKs because it needs a certain amount of arbitrary damage, so hardworking players just trying to have a little fun get punished.

Just sucks. Feel sorry for you.

Edited by Taichunger
  • Funny 1

[KRAK]
Members
3,388 posts
19,216 battles
1 hour ago, HyenaHiena said:

3 games and get 30 free flags :T

Nope. You only get them for the first one. After 24 hours you can get them again.

[KRAK]
Members
3,388 posts
19,216 battles
41 minutes ago, Versili said:

There's a flag for that!.

There should not be a need to run a flag for a [edited] mechanic that has no place in the game.

• Cool 1

[CAST]
Members
2,018 posts
9,288 battles
44 minutes ago, Versili said:

There's a flag for that!.

WG has indicated a 1.5% chance of detonation which means the game average for detonating is once every 67 games.  By running the 10 flags, you get 10 free games without detonating.  That just changes the chances from 1/66 to 1/77.  So, the chances of detonating goes down from 1.5% to 1.3%.  It's not a big help.  Most just save the flags and use them in high stakes games such as ranked or clan battles.  I typically only use them in DDs outside those previously mentioned game types.

It is a game mechanic that totally depends on a RNG roll when a shell explodes close to a magazine.  There is enough random stuff going on in this game.  We don't need this one.  At least you don't lose a ship on the first shot anymore.  It is much better than before.  The players that like the mechanic are players that don't often take as many hits to the magazine area of their ships.  So, it doesn't affect them so much.

• Cool 1

[PSP]
Members
10,010 posts
2 hours ago, LadyAnesjka said:

You now have 30 anti-det flags so you shouldn't detonate for the next 30 games at least.

• Funny 1