You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

WG "PLEASE" do something about your Lexington_Museum players!!!

49 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
10,001 posts
18,234 battles

@Kami @Gneisenau013 @Radar_X

For the love of god will you guys please do something about these kiosk machines that let people play games pretty much anywhere they want (Lexington_Museum0#) who have NO CLUE how to and who more often than not spend the game shooting their own team.

I just had the extreme "pleasure" of once again having one in game (been a lot recently). This time the kiosk player was in a Pensacola. I took more damage in my Scharnhorst from this moron than the reds. He set me on fire 2X's and kept shooting me until I was out of range. The idiot spawned right behind me so it took a while to get away. That person shot no less than 3, maybe 4, teammates besides me as well. 

I get it; you want people to see the game and want to let them try. Fine - set up a training room on the machines. STOP letting them just jump in and play with regulars. It is not fair to us. I am tired of dealing with them. If you are going to insist on letting them play regular games at least have the kiosk manned so someone can explain how to play and if they start the CRAP I just had to deal with they can shut them down.

It's getting old guys.  Real old. And before you say it is an isolated incident let me assure you it is NOT.  I am sick of it as are many other players. The way you do this is WRONG!

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 21
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 4
  • Angry 1

[PVE]
Members
10,001 posts
18,234 battles
1 minute ago, henrychenhenry said:

I wonder if any have been banned for too much teamkilling.

In this one the Lexington_Museum player (04) was pink when the game started so they had been doing it in prior games as well.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,685 posts
2 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

I wonder if any have been banned for too much teamkilling.

I have never seen one of these players but I assume they can't ban them.  They are just random people with no account of their own, playing on a kiosk.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
9,949 posts
13,865 battles

Sorry this happened to you and 

beluga lol GIF

• Funny 2
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 2
  • Angry 2

[PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
20,003 battles
4 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

For the love of god will you guys please do something about these kiosk machines that let people play games pretty much anywhere they want (Lexington_Museum0#) who have NO CLUE how to and who more often than not spend the game shooting their own team.

I just had the extreme "pleasure" of once again having one in game (been a lot recently). This time the kiosk player was in a Pensacola. I took more damage in my Scharnhorst from this moron than the reds. He set me on fire 2X's and kept shooting me until I was out of range. The idiot spawned right behind me so it took a while to get away. That person shot no less than 3, maybe 4, teammates besides me as well. 

I get it; you want people to see the game and want to let them try. Fine - set up a training room on the machines. STOP letting them just jump in and play with regulars. It is not fair to us. I am tired of dealing with them. If you are going to insist on letting them play regular games at least have the kiosk manned so someone can explain how to play and if they start the CRAP I just had to deal with they can shut them down.

It's getting old guys.  Real old. And before you say it is an isolated incident let me assure you it is NOT.  I am sick of it as are many other players. The way you do this is WRONG!

I Second This! Send in a support ticket. I do every time.

[NSC]
Members
1,751 posts
1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

In this one the Lexington_Museum player (04) was pink when the game started so they had been doing it in prior games as well.

WOW... And yes, I totally agree there needs to be a training room set up for these kiosk players. I think they don't have this implemented yet is because it takes dev time and isn't high on the priorities list. :Smile_sad: Why keep old players when you have a chance at new ones? Bad logic, but...

[WOLF1]
Members
237 posts
45,327 battles

I encountered a Lex Museum player the other day who was a member of a clan. At first I thought it was a mistake, but I check the clan membership listing and confirmed. And then, earlier this morning, there was another one with a premium ship ( a Scharnhorst, IIRC ).  

I get that WoWS wants to use this format to attract new players, but these guys shouldn't be in regular games. Give 'em a tier 1 in a room of their own and let the rest of us play without this handicap.

[OO7]
Members
5,788 posts
12,700 battles
Just now, Halli_SPARTA said:

They should be in a co-op game with all bots!

They are locked to coop only

[GWG]
Supertester
22,889 posts
12,800 battles
29 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

I have never seen one of these players but I assume they can't ban them.  They are just random people with no account of their own, playing on a kiosk.

No, they can't permaban them but they can and should restrict the tiers and ships available to them to play. I think tier 1 - tier 4 with no CV's and unless the kiosk allows for their use no torpedoes, I have only seen one picture of the kiosk and can't remember if there was a button for those or not.

[OO7]
Members
5,788 posts
12,700 battles
8 minutes ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

Never encountered one, I kind of want to now; just to observe. 

Good luck

gfXW7hk4eGt0y2HL2-zosZSqjy-78UifrHL1kHYSiYk.png

• Confused 1

[A-D-F]
5,685 posts
2 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Good luck

....really?

:cap_haloween:

Members
2,897 posts
10,717 battles
1 minute ago, Ducky_shot said:

Good luck

It plays the game by itself? I know where this leads.

giphy.gif

jk

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,701 posts
36,949 battles

I don't mind the quality of the players.

I do mind that they are able to play CVs.  Because there is no way to control planes with the controls they have.

[A-D-F]
5,685 posts
3 minutes ago, Patton5150 said:

I don't mind the quality of the players.

I do mind that they are able to play CVs.  Because there is no way to control planes with the controls they have.

Now that I have seen the controls they have, I don't think I could play any ship with them.  I am kind of proud of them now.

[SOFOP]
Members
1,593 posts
10,615 battles

I would really love to meet the guy that played the game on one of there kiosks and said "that's so cool, I'm going to home download it right now".  The gameplay experience would be horrie on that setup.

[90TH]
Members
1,724 posts
10,757 battles
56 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

They are locked to coop only

It was perhaps only 3 months ago when I had one on my randoms

[PTRGT]
Members
361 posts
36,505 battles

I see the once in a while I had 2 in one game once... that was ...very not fun.

Why don't they move them to the PS4 and play that version of WoWs it's not as steep of a learning curve... and most of us don't play it :cap_haloween:

[TROLO]
Members
423 posts
8,294 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

May be a dumb question but... What exactly are you talking about? Never heard of kiosk players until now, unironically.

[PTRGT]
Members
361 posts
36,505 battles

The Lexington Museum had 4 computers set up to play WoWs for guests so the skill generally is terrible.

I've have ships inactive some sailing in a circle and occasionally shooting at friendlies. Generally a a rule a rock would be a more useful team member in a game with them.

With the larger group of players in Co-op I see them a lot less but your never forget them if one is in your game

[WOLF8]
Members
5,682 posts
5,368 battles
4 minutes ago, XurMP said:

May be a dumb question but... What exactly are you talking about? Never heard of kiosk players until now, unironically.

Apparently, it seems there's a "kiosk" at the Lexington museum that allows any visitor to play WoWs, right there on the spot... probably a sampler account or something. Anyhow, it sounds like such players can join the Coop matches... and plays so poorly that they cause more trouble than worth... or so it seems, according to @AdmiralThunder.

I never ran across such players myself either, but given the screenshot of the controller of the kiosk that is posted above, I rather feel sorry for anyone playing the game on it... lol. 

[KAPPA]
Members
1,214 posts
6,943 battles

Seen em plenty, some were little more than floating targets for the bots, some were the sort that AT describes, and I've seen a few that actually tried to do something. With that setup, they're lucky to manage anything, so something tells me that the particular player that AT ran into might just be an experienced player that was looking to do some incognito trolling/being an @$$hole. Unfortunately, there is no way to know and no way to get them the "reward" they deserve (is keelhauling too harsh?). I do wish WG would do something to those kiosks to not only make them not a problem for the rest of us, but also a better introductory experience to the game. A mini-campaign mode maybe? (Actually I'd be up for something like that to be added to the game eventually anyways, might even make a better training experience for new players.)