You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
desmo_2

Benham, Hill, and a summer sale purchase

31 comments in this topic

[O_O]
Members
5,702 posts
13,076 battles

My Benham and Hill grinds finished today.

I completed the required directives for the last stage of the Rogue Wave missions and earned Hill.  Since I was not able to grind 48 of 50 daily missions, I was always going to be short on fuel tokens to earn Benham, so some cash was going to have to be spent.  I was going to have to buy a 7 pack of premium Rogue Wave containers to get the 105  fuel tokens, which would be enough for Benham.  That 7 pack cost 7500 doubloons.  I already had a few thousand, but I was going to be short.

Today's summer sale is Texas plus two T5 premium ship containers for $32.99.  I already have Texas, and the 2500 doubloon compensation put me over the required amount for the 7 premium Rogue Wave containers.  I also got the only two T5 premiums on that list I didn't already have...Krasny Krym and Marblehead Lima.

In addition to the required fuel tokens, with the 7 premium containers I got:

• x35 Post Apocalypse camo
  • 1,000,000 silver
  • 21,400 coal
  • 50,000 elite commander XP
  • x5 Type 59 camo
  • 14 days Warships premium time

So, while the Rogue Wave event and the bait of Benham was designed to pull money from players' pockets, I did get a pretty decent haul for $33 and a couple thousand doubloons.

Edited by desmo_2
  • Cool 5

[WAG]
Members
856 posts
11,471 battles

Nice. I'm stubborn and still trying to do it for free. Working on the last directorate, and haven't missed any daily chains (so far).

• Cool 3

[MINVY]
Members
563 posts
5,177 battles

Nice work! I can't complain too much about the crate contents, there's a lot of great stuff in there (the bonuses on the Apocalypse camo is really good), though I spent more due to time constraints.  

[W-P-E]
Members
120 posts
16,119 battles

Got my Hill as well at 717 tokens, now need 10 more daily...

Spent 2500 doubloon on a month of premium to saved me time needed to grind.

[O_O]
Members
5,702 posts
13,076 battles
2 hours ago, SYST3M_OVERIDE said:

Honestly the contents from the rouge wave containers are better than Benham.

LOL

Rouge - a red powder or cream used as a cosmetic for coloring the cheeks or lips.

Rogue -a dishonest, knavish person; scoundrel...a playfully mischievous person; scamp: The youngest boys are little rogues...a tramp or vagabond.

A very common error.

[SIM]
Members
4,226 posts
7,241 battles
12 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

LOL

Rouge - a red powder or cream used as a cosmetic for coloring the cheeks or lips.

Rogue -a dishonest, knavish person; scoundrel...a playfully mischievous person; scamp: The youngest boys are little rogues...a tramp or vagabond.

A very common error.

I figured that Rouge Wave was another Soviet event...

• Funny 1

[WOLF2]
Members
4,380 posts
16,767 battles
6 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

I completed the required directives for the last stage of the Rogue Wave missions and earned Hill.  Since I was not able to grind 48 of 50 daily missions, I was always going to be short on fuel tokens to earn Benham

So, while the Rogue Wave event and the bait of Benham was designed to pull money from players' pockets, I did get a pretty decent haul for $33 and a couple thousand doubloons.

Why does my brain read this as "Benny Hill"?

A lot of running around in circles with frantic music for very little sex

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[-BRS-]
Members
1,265 posts
6,201 battles

The chance of getting two of the same ships with different camo really killed these deals, for me at least.  Really surprised they did that.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,685 posts
1 hour ago, 0NutsNBolts0 said:

The chance of getting two of the same ships with different camo really killed these deals, for me at least.  Really surprised they did that.

What do you mean two of the same ships?

[-BRS-]
Members
1,265 posts
6,201 battles
16 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

What do you mean two of the same ships?

Marblehead/Lima , Boise/Nueve de Julio, etc.  For instance, if you already the ships except the Marblehead, you will get Marblehead and the Marblehead Lima.

Edited by 0NutsNBolts0

[A-D-F]
5,685 posts
4 minutes ago, 0NutsNBolts0 said:

Marblehead/Lima , Boise/Nueve de Julio, etc.  For instance, if you already the ships except the Marblehead, you will get Marblehead and the Marblehead Lima.

Huh, didn't know that. Thanks.

[WOLF5]
Beta Testers
535 posts
3,340 battles

Read the title at first as Benny Hill and Summer sale and im like what and then read it again 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SIM]
Members
4,226 posts
7,241 battles

I bought Hill on the first day of the event, and just finished Directive 4 today. I was at 771 Fuel Tokens, and with some of the doubloons that I got for earning Hill, I bought the last two containers that I needed to get the Benham. My grind too is finally done. 

[NGA]
Members
1,878 posts
9,937 battles

I'm like @DustRhino and continuing the free grind. I've yet to miss a mission and I have no intention of doing so. I've made it this far so all I still need to do are both missions for four more days and then just do the first missions on Saturday and Sunday. Then it'll be time for me to admire my new Destroyer Leader.

Edited by JediMasterDraco

[Y0L0]
Members
10,059 posts
15,076 battles

upto 717 as of last night.  looks like I am going to have max of 871 if I don't miss any.    so extra camo probably for me.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,686 posts
11,744 battles

Nice. I thought I was gonna have to spend money for it, but I’m still on track to get it for free.

[-K-]
Members
7,328 posts
12,025 battles

All indications say Benham is a decent little DD, but I'm curiously awaiting @LittleWhiteMouse's final review to get her take on it.

[-K-]
6,439 posts
8,204 battles
7 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

All indications say Benham is a decent little DD, but I'm curiously awaiting @LittleWhiteMouse's final review to get her take on it.

It was loads of fun. If you want endorsements, you have mine (assuming they didnt change anything since the last test iteration).

• Cool 1

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
11,039 posts
9,138 battles
4 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

My review should be out in the next couple of days.

• Cool 2

[PENND]
Members
346 posts
6,218 battles
19 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

LOL

A very common error.

Hey you got my point though so that's all that really counts.......unless your my old language arts teacher LOL

Members
231 posts
79 battles
On 7/15/2019 at 12:11 PM, desmo_2 said:

I completed the required directives for the last stage of the Rogue Wave missions and earned Hill.  Since I was not able to grind 48 of 50 daily missions, I was always going to be short on fuel tokens to earn Benham, so some cash was going to have to be spent.  I was going to have to buy a 7 pack of premium Rogue Wave containers to get the 105  fuel tokens, which would be enough for Benham.  That 7 pack cost 7500 doubloons.  I already had a few thousand, but I was going to be short.

Today's summer sale is Texas plus two T5 premium ship containers for $32.99.  I already have Texas, and the 2500 doubloon compensation put me over the required amount for the 7 premium Rogue Wave containers.  I also got the only two T5 premiums on that list I didn't already have...Krasny Krym and Marblehead Lima.

In addition to the required fuel tokens, with the 7 premium containers I got:

• x35 Post Apocalypse camo
  • 1,000,000 silver
  • 21,400 coal
  • 50,000 elite commander XP
  • x5 Type 59 camo
  • 14 days Warships premium time

That's a deal I'd imagine plenty of players would consider reasonable for sure.  I tried to do get the Benham for free as an extra challenge and to make playing it feel more rewarding.  Missed one half of a day of dailies because I was on vacation and only was able to get the first half done.  So I can only miss one more half of a daily, but all my traveling is over so that shouldn't be a problem.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,686 posts
11,744 battles
34 minutes ago, SYST3M_OVERIDE said:

Hey you got my point though so that's all that really counts.......unless your my old language arts teacher LOL

I can beat that. My brother. Who chews you out over Serif vs San Serif fonts in print vs digital.

My mom thinks he’s nuts as well when it comes to that. God forbid I print a garage sale flyer in the “wrong” font.

Edited by HazardDrake
  • Funny 2

[PENND]
Members
346 posts
6,218 battles
2 hours ago, HazardDrake said:

I can beat that. My brother. Who chews you out over Serif vs San Serif fonts in print vs digital.

My mom thinks he’s nuts as well when it comes to that. God forbid I print a garage sale flyer in the “wrong” font.

OCD I take it?