Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Super_Dreadnought

Dear WG, a case for Javelin, Ayanami, and Laffey

11 comments in this topic

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,766 posts
5,814 battles

@Kami @Sub_Octavian @Femennenly

Dear Wargaming. below in the spoiler I put forward my case for the inclusion of HMS Javelin, Ayanami, and USS Laffey:

Spoiler

PUCcQ8r.jpg

ANIMUω

I rest my case.:Smile_trollface:

It's a win-win situation. Wargaming gets to indulge in their favourite pastime of recycling assets, and there will be people with too much disposable income and/or no self control willing to throw money at them, nay shovel cash down their throats. Just copypaste Benson, copy Jervis and tweak her for tier 8, and bring back the old tier 8 Fubuki and call her Ayanami instead. Slap some AL themed perma camo on, put in the unique captains and viola! Better yet if WG gives them a 'historical' perma camo as well to give them broader appeal.

WG you badly missed the mark with Yudachi, which has come way too late to take advantage of the former popularity of KC. With the AL anime coming soon, there will certainly be demand and an opportunity to make a wad of cash for a mostly copypaste job. The timing just has to be right. Go on Wargaming, you know you want to take all the weeb money. Oh and if you could put together a Javelin+Ayanami+Laffey triple ship bundle without including too many bloody flags that'd be swell. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[WOLF8]
Members
5,697 posts
5,393 battles

And once again, the best starter grill Z23 is left out. :Smile_sad:

How could you, OP? LOL. :Smile_trollface:

Yes, Z23 is already in the game, on the German tech tree, but that doesn't mean we can't have an AL version of her... possibly with a kewl camo, a flag, and maybe the captain, as a fancy Premium ship... lel. :Smile_teethhappy:

Members
5,785 posts
6,648 battles

I could go for this idea. But first I'd like to be able to purchase the AL wave 2 captains individually. I wanted Eugen but couldn't get her because I wasn't shelling out however much money they were asking for all of them when I only wanted one. Nor was I going to waste money gambling on a 'chance' at getting the one I wanted.

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
1,153 posts
4,464 battles
41 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

And once again, the worst starter grill Z23 is left out. 

Fixed that for you...

Also yes 1000000000000000000000000000000000% MOAR LAFFEY!

Spoiler

g1swcvazgha31.jpg?width=581&auto=webp&s=

Edited by Stand_Alone97

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,766 posts
5,814 battles
21 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

And once again, the best starter grill Z23 is left out. :Smile_sad:

How could you, OP? LOL. :Smile_trollface:

Yes, Z23 is already in the game, on the German tech tree, but that doesn't mean we can't have an AL version of her... possibly with a kewl camo, a flag, and maybe the captain, as a fancy Premium ship... lel. :Smile_teethhappy:

Selling an exact copy of the tech tree ship would be a hard sell. If WG worked on Z23 it's just be a camo and captain for the tech tree ship like Neptune and Hipper

[SALVO]
Members
22,980 posts
23,611 battles
2 hours ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

@Kami @Sub_Octavian @Femennenly

Dear Wargaming. below in the spoiler I put forward my case for the inclusion of HMS Javelin, Ayanami, and USS Laffey:

Reveal hidden contents

PUCcQ8r.jpg

ANIMUω

I rest my case.:Smile_trollface:

It's a win-win situation. Wargaming gets to indulge in their favourite pastime of recycling assets, and there will be people with too much disposable income and/or no self control willing to throw money at them, nay shovel cash down their throats. Just copypaste Benson, copy Jervis and tweak her for tier 8, and bring back the old tier 8 Fubuki and call her Ayanami instead. Slap some AL themed perma camo on, put in the unique captains and viola! Better yet if WG gives them a 'historical' perma camo as well to give them broader appeal.

WG you badly missed the mark with Yudachi, which has come way too late to take advantage of the former popularity of KC. With the AL anime coming soon, there will certainly be demand and an opportunity to make a wad of cash for a mostly copypaste job. The timing just has to be right. Go on Wargaming, you know you want to take all the weeb money. Oh and if you could put together a Javelin+Ayanami+Laffey triple ship bundle without including too many bloody flags that'd be swell. :Smile_teethhappy:

I don't know if WG's marketing agreement with AL is still active.  WG can't do any AL stuff without it.

[ARGSY]
Members
15,261 posts
10,040 battles
29 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Selling an exact copy of the tech tree ship would be a hard sell. If WG worked on Z23 it's just be a camo and captain for the tech tree ship like Neptune and Hipper

They came pretty close with AL Montpelier. I didn't get one, but I vaguely recall that the differences between her and Cleveland are not all that important in the grand scheme of things. 

T8-tweaked Jervis would be too close to Lightning. I would happily take a T7 premium JKN-class RN destroyer.

Sign in to follow this