Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
henrychenhenry

YAY! First free xp destroyer!

47 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

564
[NSC]
Members
1,744 posts

From the forum dev blog, Friesland will be released for Free XP. This will be the first DD to be released for Free XP and the first high tier DD not locked behind steel and/or limited-time event grinding (e.g. compared to Campbeltown, Benham, and Neutrashimy).

YAY!

"One small step for me, one giant leap for shipkind." — premium_dac9e09cf46059e1432206f07fdb2eab54c3a3889658c0149f3c881bd7d56589.png IX Friesland

WG: This sets an overwhelmingly positive precedent and should be continued practice. Kudos!

 

Edited by henrychenhenry
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
198
[SUCIT]
Members
576 posts
15,441 battles

only question is how much? I already see 1million Free XP being far too much for a DD, so I'd guess 750,000 free XP seems reasonable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
392
[_RNG_]
Members
777 posts
6,458 battles

This is good news. I hope there are more to come.

And I'd also like to see more DDs in the Armory for Coal.

I posted elsewhere complaining about the Somers being gated behind Steel, but it's good that Friesland is a Free XP ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
548
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,108 posts
10,571 battles
6 minutes ago, tfcas119 said:

only question is how much? I already see 1million Free XP being far too much for a DD, so I'd guess 750,000 free XP seems reasonable.

Both Missouri, Musashi and Kronshtadt were priced at 750k fxp. The price appears to be tier based not class based.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,334
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,622 posts
2 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

Both Missouri, Musashi and Kronshtadt were priced at 750k fxp. The price appears to be tier based not class based.

Those are older ships.  The AK and Azuma were both 1M FXP at the same tier.

They upped the FXP cost due to game inflation (everyone has a whole bunch of FXP).

I wouldn't expect a DD to be any different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,005
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,801 posts
4,866 battles

just remember, Friesland doesn't have any torpedoes. but does have fast firing 2 guns on board. can go head to head with gearing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
564
[NSC]
Members
1,744 posts
48 minutes ago, tfcas119 said:

only question is how much? I already see 1million Free XP being far too much for a DD, so I'd guess 750,000 free XP seems reasonable.

I also expect a price of at least 1M FXP. Once the price goes up, it won't come down!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,741
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,671 posts
11,710 battles
1 hour ago, MajorRenegade said:

just remember, Friesland doesn't have any torpedoes. but does have fast firing 2 guns on board. can go head to head with gearing

Pretty much any DD can do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
614
[HELLS]
Members
2,347 posts
22,779 battles
1 hour ago, tfcas119 said:

only question is how much? I already see 1million Free XP being far too much for a DD, so I'd guess 750,000 free XP seems reasonable.

I am already halfway there....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,393
[OO7]
Members
5,753 posts
12,700 battles
1 hour ago, MajorRenegade said:

just remember, Friesland doesn't have any torpedoes. but does have fast firing 2 guns on board. can go head to head with gearing

It's incredibly strong except in preventing late game pushes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,574
[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,488 posts
3,895 battles
1 hour ago, tfcas119 said:

only question is how much? I already see 1million Free XP being far too much for a DD, so I'd guess 750,000 free XP seems reasonable.

It's a destroyer and we all know WG hates destroyers, so my guess is 2 million.

Gotta pay that tax for "being a DD", after all.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
93
[H_]
Members
623 posts
10,769 battles
1 hour ago, Burnsy said:

They upped the FXP cost due to game inflation (everyone has a whole bunch of FXP).

umm... did i miss the sarcasm emoji?  or were you actually saying this is true?  i'd say "everyone" is a bit of an over statement.. And if you were being sarcastic i agree with you wholeheartedly considering i've never gotten anywhere near 1m FXP..  up to 500K.. but that may go away shortly depending on if i get the Yugomo or Georgia or Salem.. hmm maybe even the Jean Bart.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,334
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,622 posts
10 minutes ago, S16_Hunter said:

umm... did i miss the sarcasm emoji?  or were you actually saying this is true?  i'd say "everyone" is a bit of an over statement.. And if you were being sarcastic i agree with you wholeheartedly considering i've never gotten anywhere near 1m FXP..  up to 500K.. but that may go away shortly depending on if i get the Yugomo or Georgia or Salem.. hmm maybe even the Jean Bart.. 

I have every available FXP ship. I did pay some money to unlock enough to get my MO before they took her down but all others were earned for free.

I am VERY far from the only one.

This is why FXP costs went up and will continue to do so as time goes on.  It's also part of the reason coal became a thing.  It limits how much can be earned per day, slowing and controlling player progression.

You mentioned Yugomo, never spend FXP on line ships or upgrades for them.  Save it for the FXP ships.  Line ships and their upgrades can be earned by just playing the game.  The only way to get FXP ships for free, is from FXP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,393
[OO7]
Members
5,753 posts
12,700 battles
49 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

Why would you say this?

So if you have to hold something, like a cap and there are few ships left on your team to help you, normally players are cautious about rushing a dd due to the huge alpha capability. 

Without torps, a BB or anything else will just drive headlong at a friesland that is in the way. 

Early game holding onto things doesn't matter as much and a friesland can just leave as needed, but if you need to hold on to it, there isn't much you can do besides your gun dpm. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,005
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,801 posts
4,866 battles
3 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

So if you have to hold something, like a cap and there are few ships left on your team to help you, normally players are cautious about rushing a dd due to the huge alpha capability. 

Without torps, a BB or anything else will just drive headlong at a friesland that is in the way. 

Early game holding onto things doesn't matter as much and a friesland can just leave as needed, but if you need to hold on to it, there isn't much you can do besides your gun dpm. 

Ya, once people figure out that you are alone and have no tropedos. They have nothing to fear when pushing you out of cap. So your best bet is to play it as a mini curiser with a concealment of a DD. Just fire at range and watch them burn with your insane dpm 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
144
[PENND]
Members
346 posts
6,200 battles
2 hours ago, Crokodone said:

Both Missouri, Musashi and Kronshtadt were priced at 750k fxp. The price appears to be tier based not class based.

If that were the case Alaska and Azuma would have been 750k FXP as well but they weren't. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this new DD is also 1M FXP given the ever increasing cost of these new ships

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
548
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,108 posts
10,571 battles
46 minutes ago, SYST3M_OVERIDE said:

If that were the case Alaska and Azuma would have been 750k FXP as well but they weren't. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this new DD is also 1M FXP given the ever increasing cost of these new ships

Azuma and Alaska was the 2nd generation of fxp ships: hence the 1million fxp price tag.

Given that there's two of them coming out, WG may have set the expiration date on Alaska and Azuma. Kronshtadt wasn't even out for six months before she was pulled. It's become obvious WG doesn't want every body to farm these ships for free. So like Kronshtadt, WG may start pulling these fxp ships early. 

Meantime, the only exception to this fxp rotation has been HMS Nelson: for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,193
[WOLF2]
Members
4,308 posts
16,704 battles
3 hours ago, Ducky_shot said:

So if you have to hold something, like a cap and there are few ships left on your team to help you, normally players are cautious about rushing a dd due to the huge alpha capability. 

Without torps, a BB or anything else will just drive headlong at a friesland that is in the way. 

Early game holding onto things doesn't matter as much and a friesland can just leave as needed, but if you need to hold on to it, there isn't much you can do besides your gun dpm. 

So, it's really only half a DD = 500k fxp

Not very tempting WG … not at all :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,393
[OO7]
Members
5,753 posts
12,700 battles
3 hours ago, MajorRenegade said:

Ya, once people figure out that you are alone and have no tropedos. They have nothing to fear when pushing you out of cap. So your best bet is to play it as a mini curiser with a concealment of a DD. Just fire at range and watch them burn with your insane dpm 

win early so that you don't have to win late

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,010
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,437 posts
8,176 battles
4 hours ago, Ducky_shot said:

It's incredibly strong except in preventing late game pushes 

It makes carriers cry and can cheese enemy DDs from time to time with hydro, but that's about it. DPM is above average, but nothing amazing. No torps mean that if a BB decides to rush you in smoke, there isn't much you can do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,574
[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,488 posts
3,895 battles
21 minutes ago, vak_ said:

It makes carriers cry and can cheese enemy DDs from time to time with hydro, but that's about it. DPM is above average, but nothing amazing. No torps mean that if a BB decides to rush you in smoke, there isn't much you can do.

Without torpedoes, it is Paper that loses to both Rock and Scissors. I don't care what the gun DPM is, it's probably the worst destroyer I've seen WG try to release when it lacks any kind of punch. It is an in-game representation of the Developer's ludicrous Gun Bias driven to logical, absurd extreme. A ship that can only kill its own kind, completely toothless against anything larger and only capable of killing them if they ignore it for 8 minutes while it whittles away at them.

 

then again the BB mains will love a DD that's incapable of doing more than make noise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×