You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Legio_X_

Yoshi impressions

20 comments in this topic

Members
2,031 posts
4,281 battles

I find the ship quite fun to play. With 21.5km range and a double rudder shift modules attached she can become a true headache for BB players. She seems to me, to be a direct counter to high armor BBs (yammies, kremels, and GKs). After playing her about 15 matches, i decided to slap the extended spotter plane to get 25km range for 2min. Havent really tested the AP out much though. What yall think?

P.S 20km torps are pure troll to pushing ships. I have actually got a few to hit.

Edited by Legio_X_

[-BRS-]
Members
1,847 posts
9,651 battles
11 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

I find the ship quite fun to play. With 21.5km range and a double rudder shift modules attached she can become a true headache for BB players. She seems to me, to be a direct counter to high armor BBs (yammies, kremels, and GKs). After playing her about 15 matches, i decided to slap the extended spotter plane to get 25km range for 2min. Havent really tested the AP out much though. What yall think?

P.S 20km torps are pure troll to pushing ships. I have actually got a few to hit.

I don't have it, but from my encounters with it, it is Zao like. Kinda torn between Georgia's and it right now.

[TF-60]
Members
389 posts
11,657 battles

Dev struck a Baltimore yesterday with the AP at 13km.  

Been using my IFHE Mogami captain and enjoying it.  I agree that it is a great counter to Kreml

Members
2,031 posts
4,281 battles
6 minutes ago, General_WTSherman said:

Been using my IFHE Mogami captain and enjoying it.  I agree that it is a great counter to Kreml

8-10k HE hits on Kremls are normal for me. Good thing is you can stay outside that crazy cruiser dispersion range. I do admit though she seems very squishy. Seems whatever lands is a cit hit, but i welcome some hits, because my AR can kick in...😎

Edited by Legio_X_

[PENND]
Members
346 posts
6,200 battles
3 hours ago, Cpt_Cupcake said:

I don't have it, but from my encounters with it, it is Zao like. Kinda torn between Georgia's and it right now.

Get Georgia. You can get much closer to the fight without worrying about being destroyed in 1 salvo. That and her gimmicks makes her quite fun to play

[WOLF3]
Members
22,399 posts
20,518 battles
4 hours ago, Legio_X_ said:

I said before that the B-65 "Cruisers" are relevant to the reality of High Tier combat despite people's misgivings about their armor.  Both the B-65s are doing pretty well compared to Kron & Alaska.  Yoshino herself is doing fine in Tier X.  Even awful armored "25mm all over the d*mn place" Azuma is doing well in Tier IX.

People wanted Battleship Armor on these Super Cruisers.  Azuma and Yoshino got slammed for it.  The reality is that's not going to happen.  Yet their performance has been above Kronshtadt and Alaska.

I mean... Good HE, ranged performance leading to success in a MM bracket where it's almost all about long range, compared to say, Alaska who needs to get closer to be effective, or Kronshtadt who has some wonky dispersion issues despite her fast flying shells?  :Smile_trollface:

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[KNCOL]
Members
187 posts
5,535 battles

What's the concealment and rudder shift with double rudder shift mods on?

I haven't tried that yet, just been using the concealment mod. 11.9km concealment is pretty cool, and I find the ability to pretty reliably disengage with such concealment to usually be very helpful. Plus, I also find it helpful to be able to go dark when I want to launch both sets of torpedoes on a side, because the angles are not great and will often require you to show way too much side, so I like to just go dark, turn out, launch the torpedoes, turn back in, and continue shooting.

[WOLF3]
Members
22,399 posts
20,518 battles
9 minutes ago, Sweaty_Anime_Girls said:

What's the concealment and rudder shift with double rudder shift mods on?

I haven't tried that yet, just been using the concealment mod. 11.9km concealment is pretty cool, and I find the ability to pretty reliably disengage with such concealment to usually be very helpful. Plus, I also find it helpful to be able to go dark when I want to launch both sets of torpedoes on a side, because the angles are not great and will often require you to show way too much side, so I like to just go dark, turn out, launch the torpedoes, turn back in, and continue shooting.

With Double Rudder, 6.7 seconds.

IOcSOil.jpg

The concealment is with Camo + Concealment Expert.  CSM1 gives way to SGM3 obviously.

Another compromise for dealing with fires is taking DCSM2 instead of SGM2, but have SGM3 in place of CSM1.

Concealment is still 13.2km

Rudder Shift is instead 8.3 seconds.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Members
2,031 posts
4,281 battles

I find concealment  a non-factor with this ship. Yes i get spotted at 14km (havent used last 4 points on CE for captain, but your firing so much you will be pretty constantly spotted. Her shells are fast and tight for max range shooting at 25km (with spotter plane). Just feels good to get 8-10k HE salvos on big armor ships constantly. I would think Kreml players will fear this ship the most, due to her being able to pen all armor at ranges outside of 15km, where dispersion for soviet bbs gets bad..

Members
2,031 posts
4,281 battles
31 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

With Double Rudder, 6.7 seconds.

IOcSOil.jpg

The concealment is with Camo + Concealment Expert.  CSM1 gives way to SGM3 obviously.

Another compromise for dealing with fires is taking DCSM2 instead of SGM2, but have SGM3 in place of CSM1.

Concealment is still 13.2km

Rudder Shift is instead 8.3 seconds.

If i can go dark, i can throw out 1 side of torps, turn really quick with double rudder shift, and throw out other side. Something is gonna hit...lol

Members
2,031 posts
4,281 battles
5 hours ago, General_WTSherman said:

Wish i could give you rep for a civil war general name. Sorry im a nerd when it comes to military history.

Members
2,031 posts
4,281 battles
23 minutes ago, General_WTSherman said:

Love civil war history.  This was originally my name in WOT; I get lots of comments in WOWS if there is an Atlanta in the match

You know in your senior yearbook you  can put a quote under your senior picture of your choosing? I picked Stonewall Jacksons famous last words...”let us cross the river and rest under the shade of the trees.” Yep...NERD!! Lol

i was a Civil War reenactor back in the early to late 2000s (before 2010) 

Edited by Legio_X_
  • Cool 1

Members
2,884 posts
10,650 battles
6 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

I picked Stonewall Jacksons famous last words...”let us cross the river and rest under the shade of the trees.”

One of my favorite last words. 

[WOLFB]
Members
3,003 posts
12,584 battles

Maybe I'll try using double rudder someday but right now with regular concealment build, it's a pretty good flankers / long range support. The ship is also very tanky but apparently 30mm is "nothing". For a 1 vs 1 scenario, Yoshino just eat Stalingrad, plus her torps arc is very good.

Yoshino is like Shimakaze. People underestimate the ship and when you outplay them, not only does it feels good but you get a bonus point if the opponent start calling [edited] or cheat. Had a good laugh when someone called Yoshino OP because it could eat Stalingrad

Members
2,031 posts
4,281 battles
On 7/15/2019 at 8:10 PM, AlcatrazNC said:

Maybe I'll try using double rudder someday but right now with regular concealment build, it's a pretty good flankers / long range support. The ship is also very tanky but apparently 30mm is "nothing". For a 1 vs 1 scenario, Yoshino just eat Stalingrad, plus her torps arc is very good.

Yoshino is like Shimakaze. People underestimate the ship and when you outplay them, not only does it feels good but you get a bonus point if the opponent start calling [edited] or cheat. Had a good laugh when someone called Yoshino OP because it could eat Stalingrad

Nothing like throwing 8-10k HE volleys on camping bow on Kremls.