Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

19 comments in this topic

[SKDSH]
Members
306 posts
8,114 battles

So, I must admit that I don't really keep up with WOWs news all that well. Basically, my understanding of the NTC is that we can choose to erase progress  on a number of tech trees we've already finished and in return for regrinding them, we can get rewards, of which tier 10 premium BB USS Ohio is my main focus. My question is; if I so desired, would I be able to just re-research the tech trees I erase with my free xp and still be able to get the reward ship? I really don't see why I wouldn't be able to because that means I still technically redid the required amount of tech trees, but Im not sure if it works that way? I guess I'm just at the point now where I'm getting bored with the Tier 10 BBs that I have and am willing to throw some money at the game to get something new right away. I just want a new Tier 10 BB that is going to give me good, consistent gun performance "which is why I've been waiting patiently for over a month now for the Slava to be released," but I guess that's not happening anytime soon. Also, I figure this way, I could enjoy playing something that's not common for a little bit before I start seeing several Ohio's per team per battle.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,498 posts
3,895 battles
22 minutes ago, admiralsexybeast said:

So, I must admit that I don't really keep up with WOWs news all that well. Basically, my understanding of the NTC is that we can choose to erase progress  on a number of tech trees we've already finished and in return for regrinding them, we can get rewards, of which tier 10 premium BB USS Ohio is my main focus. My question is; if I so desired, would I be able to just re-research the tech trees I erase with my free xp and still be able to get the reward ship? I really don't see why I wouldn't be able to because that means I still technically redid the required amount of tech trees, but Im not sure if it works that way? I guess I'm just at the point now where I'm getting bored with the Tier 10 BBs that I have and am willing to throw some money at the game to get something new right away. I just want a new Tier 10 BB that is going to give me good, consistent gun performance "which is why I've been waiting patiently for over a month now for the Slava to be released," but I guess that's not happening anytime soon. Also, I figure this way, I could enjoy playing something that's not common for a little bit before I start seeing several Ohio's per team per battle.

That's the entire point. To encourage doubloon sales for FXP conversion and create a pay-to-win system by dangling overpowered premiums as bait.

[-TKS-]
Members
749 posts
12,102 battles
3 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

That's the entire point. To encourage doubloon sales for FXP conversion and create a pay-to-win system by dangling overpowered premiums as bait.

It wasn't going to be fxp . they were going to introduce something new so people couldnt research right away .

• Cool 1

[FTH]
Members
999 posts
14,832 battles
6 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

Is there a time limit on the re-grind?

I think there was something said about "seasons" where you could do the grind during..not sure past that.

[WOLF5]
Members
2,911 posts
3,215 battles

Yes, from what we know FXP can be used to regrind. However, regrinding the tech tree doesn't give you direct access to the rewards. Regrinding earns you a new resource, which can be used to get the rewards. And there is a limit to how much you can get in a season, whatever that is. So yes you can use FXP,  but it will not be an instant I used a bajillion FXP to regrind 6 times and get my Ohio, it will still take time.

Personally, I think that FXP should be at least limited for regrinds. Maybe you can only use so much per line, but can use it wherever you want. That way you have to play most of ships again, but can FXP modules or a couple of ships you really hate. That would actually make people play the line again, and not make about who is willing to spend the most doubloons. However, doubloons make WG money, so I doubt they'll do that.

[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,643 posts
7,278 battles
4 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Yes, from what we know FXP can be used to regrind. However, regrinding the tech tree doesn't give you direct access to the rewards. Regrinding earns you a new resource, which can be used to get the rewards. And there is a limit to how much you can get in a season, whatever that is. So yes you can use FXP,  but it will not be an instant I used a bajillion FXP to regrind 6 times and get my Ohio, it will still take time.

Personally, I think that FXP should be at least limited for regrinds. Maybe you can only use so much per line, but can use it wherever you want. That way you have to play most of ships again, but can FXP modules or a couple of ships you really hate. That would actually make people play the line again, and not make about who is willing to spend the most doubloons. However, doubloons make WG money, so I doubt they'll do that.

And you have those has have millions of free xp in stock and don't have anywhere else to spend them.

[5BS]
Members
8,552 posts
26 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Pretty much this; we've had comments directly from Sub_Oct and others that there is a glut of people hording FreeXP and it is largely being devalued as a result; by having to re-research lines that provides a HUGE sink for ~870-970k per line (depending on the line) which is ~$100 to $150 USD in conversion costs (depending on amount and if the 35:1 is up), that with juicy enough rewards is an easy way to increase the value of other premium ships sold for Free XP. Problem is that people that can do, you know, basic arithmetic, can tell that the Ohio is going to basically be worth 3-4 million Free XP, potentially more, way out of line compared to other Free XP ships of the same tier/style. Which brings us back to the original NTC problem: how do you make it worth it without being PTW? Because at the moment, I cannot imagine how the current Ohio is worth the equivalent of ~$500.00 USD.

[TF-60]
Members
389 posts
11,682 battles
8 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Pretty much this; we've had comments directly from Sub_Oct and others that there is a glut of people hording FreeXP and it is largely being devalued as a result; by having to re-research lines that provides a HUGE sink for ~870-970k per line (depending on the line) which is ~$100 to $150 USD in conversion costs (depending on amount and if the 35:1 is up), that with juicy enough rewards is an easy way to increase the value of other premium ships sold for Free XP. Problem is that people that can do, you know, basic arithmetic, can tell that the Ohio is going to basically be worth 3-4 million Free XP, potentially more, way out of line compared to other Free XP ships of the same tier/style. Which brings us back to the original NTC problem: how do you make it worth it without being PTW? Because at the moment, I cannot imagine how the current Ohio is worth the equivalent of ~$500.00 USD.

Maybe you want the prestige of owning a rare item🤷‍♂️

[-BRS-]
Members
1,851 posts
9,673 battles
Just now, General_WTSherman said:

You can buy a civil war era musket for that price. I've owned cars cheaper then that. That's a nights worth of drinking at a bar alone. Its ridiculous...

[WOLFG]
Members
6,957 posts
4,994 battles
1 minute ago, Cpt_Cupcake said:

You can buy a civil war era musket for that price. I've owned cars cheaper then that. That's a nights worth of drinking at a bar alone. Its ridiculous...

Are we talking about $500 bucks? :cap_fainting:

[-BRS-]
Members
1,851 posts
9,673 battles
1 minute ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Are we talking about $500 bucks? :cap_fainting:

Yes... 

Edited by Cpt_Cupcake

[5BS]
Members
8,552 posts
Just now, General_WTSherman said:

Pfff. Oh wait your serious? If this was TF2, or CSGo, or even [edited]Fortnite, maybe that would hold water, but given how a) they tie performance to those unlocks (as they are inofthemselves not cosmetics but actual performing weapons (ships) and b) can all be purchased directly and require no actual quality of play to earn (as in, you can GRIND these rewards), they carry 0 prestige whatsoever. There are games that make you maintain certain stats for example Battlefield 2 (the first one) comes to mind: the Commander Ribbon in that Required you maintain a 2:1 Win Rate (which was [edited]unheard of) over the last 100 games you played where you were the Commander marking those with it (I did) as particularly dangerous, or complete a particular task, BF2142 comes to mind, where a Medal was awarded for destroying 3 of the 4 terminals and then the core, all by yourself, in a TItan, which even on an empty server (which you couldn't do as matches didn't even START till a minimum of 8 players joined) was a trying task given that ammo became a real problem. Other games have rewarded particular play-times, for example TF2 gave out specialty status to hats/weapons who played before a certain date, marking those items (and the players with them) as veterans (Vintage). But here? Other than the Artificial scarcity of some premiums, only Steel Ships are particularly hard to acquire; everything else, even Coal (as many Crates sold have had coal as a potential reward) can be just BOUGHT, rendering 'prestige to ships meaningless.

When I (or anyone) sees an Imp Nikolai, you don't think, "Wow, that's a badass player." You think, "That's someone who either bought it at the right time or pissed a ton of money on Santa crates." Big difference.

[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,190 posts
11,891 battles
8 minutes ago, Cpt_Cupcake said:

a nights worth of drinking at a bar alone

Unless this includes buying friends and others drinks ?  Then you are a deeper drinker then I ever was . I thought 10 ( or sometimes a couple more ) High Octane Long Island Ice Teas ( at almost $10 USD a pop was a full nights drinking at my highest consumption . 

:Smile_honoring:   

A HOLIIT  uses 100 proof whiskey , 151 rum and 101 proof vodka as well as the other two alcohols .

[-BRS-]
Members
1,851 posts
9,673 battles
6 minutes ago, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

Unless this includes buying friends and others drinks ?  Then you are a deeper drinker then I ever was . I thought 10 ( or sometimes a couple more ) High Octane Long Island Ice Teas ( at almost $10 USD a pop was a full nights drinking at my highest consumption . 

:Smile_honoring:   

A HOLIIT  uses 100 proof whiskey , 151 rum and 101 proof vodka as well as the other two alcohols .

I was young and dumb, buying drinks while on leave in a fancy "dance club" in a fancy town, doing the 5 to 5 shift. If I remember right, the Boilermakers were 15 each and a mix drink was near 25. I know a four horsemen shot was 12 cause they were running a special on those for a few hours.

• Cool 1

[DOG]
Members
752 posts
9,088 battles
1 hour ago, KiyoSenkan said:

:Smile_great:  This.  If all they wanted to do was encourage people to play lower tier ships again, all they had to do was introduce another snowflakes event for certain tiers, or maybe another tier 5 ranked.  Or maybe get +300% captain's experience points for the first win of the day on tier ______ (fill in the blank).  Or maybe be able to earn a free permanent camo by earning x number of base XP in tier IV-VII ships of a given line, that can be used on whichever ship of that line the player chooses.  Give the camo good enough economic bonuses that you can play tier X ships with impunity.  But the idea that they would be creating some form of "fun" by getting people to re-grind whole ship lines is bizarre.  Playing lower tier ships - yes.  I still play my Nassau, Kuma, V-170, and Omaha just for fun some times.  But grinding tier-by-tier?  Definitely not.

[TF-60]
Members
389 posts
11,682 battles
49 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Pfff. Oh wait your serious? If this was TF2, or CSGo, or even [edited]Fortnite, maybe that would hold water, but given how a) they tie performance to those unlocks (as they are inofthemselves not cosmetics but actual performing weapons (ships) and b) can all be purchased directly and require no actual quality of play to earn (as in, you can GRIND these rewards), they carry 0 prestige whatsoever. There are games that make you maintain certain stats for example Battlefield 2 (the first one) comes to mind: the Commander Ribbon in that Required you maintain a 2:1 Win Rate (which was [edited]unheard of) over the last 100 games you played where you were the Commander marking those with it (I did) as particularly dangerous, or complete a particular task, BF2142 comes to mind, where a Medal was awarded for destroying 3 of the 4 terminals and then the core, all by yourself, in a TItan, which even on an empty server (which you couldn't do as matches didn't even START till a minimum of 8 players joined) was a trying task given that ammo became a real problem. Other games have rewarded particular play-times, for example TF2 gave out specialty status to hats/weapons who played before a certain date, marking those items (and the players with them) as veterans (Vintage). But here? Other than the Artificial scarcity of some premiums, only Steel Ships are particularly hard to acquire; everything else, even Coal (as many Crates sold have had coal as a potential reward) can be just BOUGHT, rendering 'prestige to ships meaningless.

When I (or anyone) sees an Imp Nikolai, you don't think, "Wow, that's a badass player." You think, "That's someone who either bought it at the right time or pissed a ton of money on Santa crates." Big difference.

I think you missed the shoulder shrugging emoji meaning “no idea why”

i was throwing out a reason that may matter to some, but personally I won’t be spending time or treasure for this 

Sign in to follow this