You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Cpt_Snafu_Idgaf

Most cits in one salvo?

47 comments in this topic

[CWM]
Members
615 posts
7,078 battles

Obviously there is a limitation depending on how many rounds you can sling in one salvo, so the most by some random act of rngesus would be 12.  Right?  I mean, I think there are ships with more that 12 rounds per salvo but they're usually spamming HE.  Anyways, it was only Co-Op but I got 7 cits in one salvo against a Hipper in my Buffalo.  Glad I did too cause those matches end so fast you have to get as much as you can so it feels worthwhile.  The match ended before I could fire anymore.

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,634 posts
16,722 battles

The theoretical limit is probably around 12. I think Lyon has the largest number of guns in a single broadside, but there isn't a ship that has enough HP to eat 16 Lyon AP cits. I also don't think there's a ship that that has enough HP to eat 16 Lyon HE cits that can get cit by Lyon HE. Perhaps there is something that can get cit 15 times with a Mogami salvo.

EDIT: The upcoming Smolensk has 16 guns with a 2600 AP alpha. The full broadside alpha is 41k, so a good number of high tier cruisers should have enough HP to eat that.

Edited by pikohan

[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,903 posts
4,887 battles

got 10 once in my Minotaur, a perfect score as I only had 10 guns

Members
1,697 posts
8,726 battles

We had a thread about this earlier (not that I'm apposed to discussing it again), and I mentioned a story where a full HP Cleveland jousted my NDJ. He didn't realize that the citadel is set further back on that ship and shot right through me, every single shot that was counted citadelled. I think all fifteen would citadelled if he hadn't died first.

[WG-CC]
Wiki Editor, Members
9,100 posts
7,995 battles

I think I got something like 10 in one salvo yesterday when playing Narai with Belfast. Had to dispose of the Lexington quickly so I went right next to her and smacked her.

[-CFI-]
Members
369 posts
3,952 battles

The most I've had is 7. Firing from a Dallas into a full health Furutaka at about 0.5 km. He came around an island and I deleted him in that salvo, so maybe I would have gotten more had he not died.

[WOLFC]
Members
3,151 posts
11,789 battles
3 hours ago, pikohan said:

The theoretical limit is probably around 12. I think Lyon has the largest number of guns in a single broadside, but there isn't a ship that has enough HP to eat 16 Lyon AP cits. I also don't think there's a ship that that has enough HP to eat 16 Lyon HE cits that can get cit by Lyon HE. Perhaps there is something that can get cit 15 times with a Mogami salvo.

I don’t think there is a ship with a large enough citadel to eat all 16 shells from Lyon’s shotguns... :Smile_veryhappy:

I think my most was 7 or 8 in my Nurnburg in Raptor Rescue. I blapped the cruiser in the initial group to the north at point blank range as he cleared the island.

Edited by Nevermore135

Members
4,477 posts
4,779 battles

Hard to remember, but I think 5 or 6 citadels on a Kutuzov while playing Edinburgh. Mainly hard to remember because I quickly racked up 13 cits without noticing. 

[SCCC]
WoWS Community Contributors
953 posts
17,985 battles

8 for me in the Edinburgh. On a poor CV at 3km. Actually earned it today and have screen shots about. 

[WOLFH]
Members
989 posts
4,799 battles

I got 10 in my Atlanta (with AP) vs a broadside Omaha at point black range... I think he was trying to torp me but it had to clear some rocks before firing torps... my guns didn't have that problem.

[PEKO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
28,061 battles

Was something around 7 or 8 with a Sauce stalking a Mino.

Members
231 posts
79 battles

5 cits in legendary modded Yammy, but it was from 12-15km away.  I'm a long range sniper so I doubt I'll ever do better than that.  Cruisers, forget about it.  If I'm close enough to cit with a cruiser, I probably fell asleep with my Hungarian schnoz on the W key.

[ARS]
Members
156 posts
3,165 battles

Well... I just was on the receiving end of this the other day... lots of cits is the answer to the question. LOL

2009644701_resultsworld_of_warships_7_20_2019_15_50_43.thumb.png.650d124d550f9388da385ee5012f54f8.png

• Funny 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
31,639 posts
26,512 battles

I think 9-10 is mine, catching a broadside Yamato in short range with Montana IIRC.

I'm quite sure people did the same to me when I had just gotten Yamato and didn't know about her Citadel quirks, and me sailing her like a moron.

3 minutes ago, schizrade said:

Well... I just was on the receiving end of this the other day... lots of cits is the answer to the question. LOL

2009644701_resultsworld_of_warships_7_20_2019_15_50_43.thumb.png.650d124d550f9388da385ee5012f54f8.png

:Smile_ohmy:

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Funny 1

[THREE]
Members
2,151 posts
11,039 battles
On 7/8/2019 at 9:20 PM, MajorRenegade said:

got 10 once in my Minotaur, a perfect score as I only had 10 guns

Late to comment but same here. 10 cits in the mino on a Kremlin.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,900 battles

...Do all the shells fired in the salvo all have to have hit the same ship?

[ARS]
Members
156 posts
3,165 battles
6 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

:Smile_ohmy:

LOL. Yeah that guy was in concealment and I was trying to turn away cause I figured he was about to pop out.. but this truck dont turn fast enough... so... paddlin.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
31,639 posts
26,512 battles
52 minutes ago, schizrade said:

LOL. Yeah that guy was in concealment and I was trying to turn away cause I figured he was about to pop out.. but this truck dont turn fast enough... so... paddlin.

That's the thing with Tier IX-X BBs.  Not only are they bigger than even the Tier VIII Battleships, but their maneuverability sucks.  Iowa is super fast, but she turns horribly.  WG buffed her rudder shift when they improved a number of tech tree USN BBs some time ago, but she still has a gargantuan turning circle radius.  Couple that with the very long Tier IX BB hull, it's a recipe for disaster.

I didn't like my Iowa-class because of that increased hull length and loss of agility that North Carolina and even better, the South Dakota-class BBs had in Tier VIII.  The South Dakotas in particular are amazing BBs in terms of defense.  Super, super short hulls, high TDS, and crazy rudder shift and turning circle combination, and passable speed.

You make a mistake in position as a Tier IX-X BB, you're going to pay for it.  Dearly.  Tier VIII BBs are the last tier of BBs where you still have some semblance of agility to recover from a bad sailing mistake and not get insta-gibbed for it.

Edit:  Size difference between Iowa, North Carolina, and Alabama, from an old dseehafer thread.

RsVqMug.png?1

Someone sees the side of Iowa, how can they possibly miss? :Smile_trollface:

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
13,267 posts
12,507 battles

I got 5 (and 2 pens) in to a Sinop in one salvo for over 60K damage.

Pity the Sinop has 61K.