Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Tigerspook

The gangut is not good at all

6 comments in this topic

Members
163 posts
4,317 battles

I've been trying out the Gangut and I have had 5 of 6 poor games. Bad gun range, atrocious turret traverse, and guns that don't do much are all I see.  I have been unable to score citadels on flat-broadside cruisers at point-blank range.  As far as I can tell, this ship has nothing going for it.  I was hoping it would be a mini-Fuso but it isn't anything like it.

Members
5,134 posts
9,582 battles

It is a difficult ship - especially with a low point captain on it but if you can catch some CAs broadside with a double digit captain:

Experience 2 649
Damage 134 978
Destroyed warships 4
Aircraft Destroyed 9
Warships spotted 1
Damage upon spotting 39 602

World of Warships - Gangut - 134978.PNG

The Dev Strike was when I was on the phone with my father who called right as a game started.

Edited by CylonRed

Beta Testers
66 posts
7,504 battles

Gangut is a OP ship, as well all russian and new BB line....

Hard as hell, for a crapy old BB, not harder than a Kongo in real life.... Fast and maneouvrable... For a kind of X files of BBs...

Can eat 14 inch shells from higher tier ships w/o any problem (not other tier 4 BB can do that)... 

Members
11 posts
4,803 battles

she can be good. 12 guns mean you will hit something. the rudder shift time is fast, she turns fast. the weak armor is a problem, so you need to time you broadside when the other guy is reloading. the repair party is super fast too.  shes awesome. needs skill tho. shes a harsh mistress, likes to punish you for little mistakes. but she offers so much when you please her.

Members
185 posts
3,359 battles

It's an absolute turd I agree. Just push through it as fast as you can, it's gets a lot better later on. Move on, sell it, never look back.  True Russian bias in this game is on the way and you'll enjoy the fantasy battleships later on.

Members
232 posts
1,467 battles

I don't mind her. Sure the turrets turn slow, but you have excellent firing angles. you can get three turrets on target while maintaining a good angle. The enemy will either bounce or get minimal damage off your superstructure. Best game so far is 97K damage. Unlike other BBs if it's in range you can severely punish it if it shows to much side. Maintain proper angling, anticipate where your need to point your turrets, and don't overextend. Push with your team don't lead it.

Sign in to follow this