You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

Worst thing about CV rework 2.0

37 comments in this topic

[SGSS]
Members
6,326 posts

First this is cv rework 2.0 the planes were suppose to make 3 attacks to get there damage and the captain skills were to help that out. 

Now they might get 1 and thats it. All the captain skill dont work and the low alpha makes no damage per run.

The worst part is there is no RNG anymore and no skill to it. Before you could go with luck and a good roll of the dice to make a run then turn around.

Now X planes attacking X ship does X damage no matter what. No luck no reason for skill nothing its just math. 

Sorry to Stuntman but thats boring!!!

O but wait the hate train says it has to be balanced. This is not a balanced or fair game. If you want a balanced and fair game go play checkers. Everyone has the same number of peices and they all do the same thing.

This is a boad game. You roll the dice and see what happens. Some time you win somtimes you lose. Now its just math.

Yes the hive mind has spoken and yells thats great because I hate them....yawnnnnnnnn 6 months of it is enough.

WG you now have to adjust everything again because of this change. Or you could go back to 8.0 and slowly bring up the AA. A LITTLE at a time. Say 5 percent till it gets there. 

Now you have to do captain skills more hp for planes. And lets face it except for the super whale you will NEVER sell another prem CV ever with this garbage.

Or let the hate train/hive mind win and see how greatful they are to you when subs come in.  

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3

[MUSK]
Members
45 posts
393 battles

Honestly there are a lot of changes that would vastly improve CV balance. Some of these I’ve ripped off from other people on the forum

-Make AA attack the last attack squad of each plane group (e.g. attack the last 3 planes of the Lex’s dive bombers). This keeps AA effective but makes heals effective and gives a bit of a buffer to instantly losing planes upon seeing an AA cruiser.

-Plane “spots” take 16 seconds to appear and only show position and type of ship. Thus they only give positioning info, and DD’s would be a better scout.

-Add the ability to send fighter squads to protect allied ships, and fighters can’t spot.

Edited by lucas1899
Autocorrect error, reduced ambiguity
  • Cool 1

[MELON]
Members
991 posts
2,910 battles
4 minutes ago, lucas1899 said:

Honestly there are a lot of changes that would vastly improve CV balance. Some of these I’ve ripped off from other people on the forum

-Make AA attack the last attack squad of each plane group (e.g. attack the last 3 planes of the Lex’s dive bombers). This keeps AA effective but makes heals effective and gives a bit of a buffer to instantly losing planes upon seeing an AA cruiser.

-Plane “spots” take 16 seconds to appear and only show position and type of ship. Thus they only give positioning info, and DD’s are a better scout

-Add the ability to send fighter squads to protect allied ships, and they can’t spot.

Really like these ideas.

How about destroyed AA can also regenerate over time like aircraft too? And maybe also improve aircraft regen times a little.

Edited by Koogus
More text

[-BUI-]
Members
2,708 posts
7,103 battles
7 minutes ago, lucas1899 said:

-Plane “spots” take 16 seconds to appear and only show position and type of ship. Thus they only give positioning info, and DD’s would be a better scout.

-Add the ability to send fighter squads to protect allied ships, and fighters can’t spot.

- This is already how it is right now....

- CVs are basically just spotter planes right now, and you wanna take that away too?

- Take away MORE spotting.   Why would i bother to send planes to protect anyone at this point?  AA is effective enough they can defend themselves, waste of my time to cover anyone at the moment except a capping DD.

• Cool 1

[SGSS]
Members
6,326 posts
25 minutes ago, lucas1899 said:

Planes cant spot for 16 sec.

There dead first so no that will not work.

[RLGN]
Members
16,873 posts
29,591 battles
12 minutes ago, Zenn3k said:

- CVs are basically just spotter planes right now, and you wanna take that away too?

- Take away MORE spotting.   Why would i bother to send planes to protect anyone at this point?  AA is effective enough they can defend themselves, waste of my time to cover anyone at the moment except a capping DD.

Why even bother to play carriers unless you’re a blue or purple?

Anyone average could at least throw ourselves at the Reds and expect to exert some influence.

More and more and more, why even play carriers when just about any ship can do things better, and score more damage.

But then to the the haters, who strangely seem unwilling or incapable of dealing with carriers, it’s just working as intended.

• Cool 1

[-BUI-]
Members
2,708 posts
7,103 battles

Nevermind, read it wrong, ignore or delete this post

Edited by Zenn3k

[MELON]
Members
991 posts
2,910 battles
12 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

But then to the the haters, who strangely seem unwilling or incapable of dealing with carriers, it’s just working as intended.

I love how the community says they want balance until it effects themselves or when there is a class they don't personally like.

Before anyone overreacts I thought aa was underperforming before this current update. I would love for carriers and aa to be balanced, it's not fun doing circles around ships that can't do a thing about you and it's not fun being shot down quickly with no way to avoid it with skill

Edited by Koogus
Spelling and grammar garbage
  • Cool 2

Beta Testers
4,968 posts
15,375 battles

Unless they give cvs more planes this never going change...

With strong AA people kill planes but cvs become useless because the lack of planes.

Without AA people dont kill planes but cry A LOT util they nerf cvs.

I think they just make us muggles selling some premium cvs/AA ships in this "RREeeework" and nerf it again to anyone play with.

I dont think they will buff again util they wanna put some premium cv for selling.

image.png.2cd34c9fd6df79275f70ec62e72e6157.png

[SGSS]
Members
6,326 posts
37 minutes ago, Koogus said:

Really like these ideas.

How about destroyed AA can also regenerate over time like aircraft too? And maybe also improve aircraft regen times a little.

They talked about that in a QNA and said that plane sq are low as well so no changes were talked about.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
21,680 battles
1 hour ago, jags_domain said:

This is a boad game.

You have no idea of how hard I'm laughing right now. Like you and your CV brethren have told everyone since the rework started, embrace the new meta and adapt.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[MUSK]
Members
45 posts
393 battles

Planes cant spot for 16 sec.

There dead first so no that will not work.

The spots don’t appear for 16 (or whatever number) of seconds, but the plane still sees them instantly.

Essentially you time delay the appearance of the spotted ship on everyone else’s map, you could also have cv planes update the position of ships they have spotted on the minimap  every 16 seconds. 

This means the team knows where the enemy ships are, but not in real time till they are in visible range.

1 hour ago, Zenn3k said:

-Currently AA attacks the last plane, the change would make AA attack a small group out of the squad instead (thus they share out damage/rng of hits among themselves). This reduces the increased effectiveness of AA by about ~3 depending on the squad, although AA is still ~3 times stronger than before (in terms of time to first downed plane).

-Adding delay to spotting means CV spotting range can be increased. Currently it was decreased as it made them too good at spotting everything in real time. Hopefully this means I no longer lose sight of DD’s as I turn around for another rocket attack.

-Making fighters not spot is to simply not create the ability to use CAP fighters as spotter planes, e.g. put fighter planes on a cruiser so it sees every destroyer. It might be balanceable but  I am not sure how to do so.

Edited by lucas1899
Clarity and autocorrect errors

[ENDO]
Members
284 posts

First this is cv rework 2.0 the planes were suppose to make 3 attacks to get there damage and the captain skills were to help that out. 

Yes there was more:

• Each side could have and often did have 3 CVs.
  • The magic 'F' enabled squadrons to fly home without sustaining real damage.
  • The substantially increased the potential for improving the AA on every non-CV ship (translation, AA was garbage for every ship but CVs).
  • They provided radio location so that the squadrons can find the DDs quicker.
  • They provided an AA system in which there was nothing that can stop the first attack run of the CV squadron.
  • They made it so that the T10 IJN CV had stealth torpedoes in which Hydro could not detect.
  • Rockets were highly accurate against DDs even though we were assured they would not be.
  • CVs, for the most part are the last ship to get sunk, and even when they are sunk, they still get to play the game all the way to the end if they desired.

Those were the days, but an imaginary group called the DD Mafia put an end to all that by complaining. Pay no attention the the vast majority of Community Contributors that also complained. 

The CV rework was suppose to give surface ships all kinds of tools to defeat the planes. The reality is that what we got was absolute trash. AA guns remained unloaded in a combat situation. AA spec ships of the past became nothing more than fodder for the CV. I for one bought many of the useless items to put on my ship and all they did was waste credits. 

The CV rework is an event in motion, the problems of the past becomes the foundation of change in the future. It is about time that surface ships gain the tools that they we marketed as, AA ships.

[WORX]
Members
14,388 posts
20,956 battles

The worst thing about the CV rework 2.0, it makes some of us miss RTS CVs even with, the flaws it had...

• Cool 2

Members
1,969 posts
4 minutes ago, mrkimba said:

Yes there was more:

• The substantially increased the potential for improving the AA on every non-CV ship (translation, AA was garbage for every ship but CVs).
  • They provided an AA system in which there was nothing that can stop the first attack run of the CV squadron.
  • They made it so that the T10 IJN CV had stealth torpedoes in which Hydro could not detect.
  • Rockets were highly accurate against DDs even though we were assured they would not be.
  • CVs, for the most part are the last ship to get sunk, and even when they are sunk, they still get to play the game all the way to the end if they desired.

Those were the days, but an imaginary group called the DD Mafia put an end to all that by complaining. Pay no attention the the vast majority of Community Contributors that also complained. 

The CV rework was suppose to give surface ships all kinds of tools to defeat the planes. The reality is that what we got was absolute trash. AA guns remained unloaded in a combat situation. AA spec ships of the past became nothing more than fodder for the CV. I for one bought many of the useless items to put on my ship and all they did was waste credits. 

The CV rework is an event in motion, the problems of the past becomes the foundation of change in the future. It is about time that surface ships gain the tools that they we marketed as, AA ships.

There is so much mis-information in this post it's hilarious. And that's coming from a  "DD Mafia " member !

If I had some more time I'd write a wall of text completely shooting down that post.

For now I'll just eat my sandwiches and *Facepalm* as people spread myths on a forum. Trying CV's before commenting on the subject would be the best piece of advice I could give...

[SGSS]
Members
6,326 posts
21 minutes ago, mrkimba said:

Yes there was more:

This is no fiction of the DD mafia they have been complaning abiut everything for years now. If all of them left like they said theybwere going to after radar we would not have had the last 6 months of hate train. At least it would be down.

The CC are pretty useless. Notser decidex to show case. Sipan. He put 2 vid were he was the only t8 in a t6 game. He must have played dozens of games to fond that.

The other onse were all the same. Nothing but haye and I did not see one of them give it a chance. It was sucks sucks hate sucks. 

Fara of course was never listen to as normal. He is back on the Chinese seever now! Sounds like a plan.

If this is the new normal then it sould 1 giant alpha strike. All planes drop at the same time.

[-BUI-]
Members
2,708 posts
7,103 battles
1 minute ago, jags_domain said:

This is no fiction of the DD mafia they have been complaning abiut everything for years now. If all of them left like they said theybwere going to after radar we would not have had the last 6 months of hate train. At least it would be down.

The CC are pretty useless. Notser decidex to show case. Sipan. He put 2 vid were he was the only t8 in a t6 game. He must have played dozens of games to fond that.

The other onse were all the same. Nothing but haye and I did not see one of them give it a chance. It was sucks sucks hate sucks. 

Fara of course was never listen to as normal. He is back on the Chinese seever now! Sounds like a plan.

If this is the new normal then it sould 1 giant alpha strike. All planes drop at the same time.

Yeah, Notser and Zoup can't show a bottom tier game, cause it would expose how bad it really is to the people who refuse to play the class.

Fara hasn't posted a video since 8.5 went live, I'd be curious to watch him play it though and his thoughts.

I agree we need more alpha if we're only ever gonna get 1 strike on target, its especially bad for torpedoes where it  usually REQUIRED two drops to get any damage, as the first one is easily dodged just by turning into it well in advance, with only one attack, you basically can't hit anything unless they aren't great and make zero effort to avoid.

• Cool 1

Members
7,307 posts
3,304 battles
28 minutes ago, Zenn3k said:

Yeah, Notser and Zoup can't show a bottom tier game, cause it would expose how bad it really is to the people who refuse to play the class. 

Evidence? Oh, who am I kidding, you'll just call me some name and pretend you're right.

• Boring 1

[-BUI-]
Members
2,708 posts
7,103 battles
1 minute ago, 10T0nHammer said:

Evidence? Oh, who am I kidding, you'll just call me some name and pretend you're right.

I never called you any names, I simply called you out for speaking out of your butt on subjects you have little to zero insight on, and I was 100% correct on that, as others seemed to agree with me...

I watched Notser play a bottom tier game on his stream, he did nothing all game but lose planes, there is a reason they don't post those on youtube...

Members
7,307 posts
3,304 battles
1 minute ago, Zenn3k said:

I never called you any names, I simply called you out for speaking out of your butt on subjects you have little to zero insight on, and I was 100% correct on that, as others seemed to agree with me...

I watched Notser play a bottom tier game on his stream, he did nothing all game but lose planes, there is a reason they don't post those on youtube...

So no evidence and you're just saying you're right. It's like I'm psychic. I should do tarot cards or something. 

[-BUI-]
Members
2,708 posts
7,103 battles
1 minute ago, 10T0nHammer said:

So no evidence and you're just saying you're right. It's like I'm psychic. I should do tarot cards or something. 

There you go with your hurt feelings again.     

What evidence would suit you?  You want a written confession from Notser?   

Dude has played bottom tier games, they end poorly, they never get posted as it would contradict their statements about "balance" and doesn't fit their narrative.

It isn't rocket surgery, people do things for reasons, and often those reasons are screaming in your face, wether you have the mental understanding to find them or not.

[SGSS]
Members
6,326 posts
1 hour ago, Zenn3k said:

Fara hasn't posted a video since 8.5 went live, I'd be curious to watch him play it though and his thoughts.

I agree we need more alpha if we're only ever gonna get 1 strike on target, its especially bad for torpedoes where it  usually REQUIRED two drops to get any damage, as the first one is easily dodged just by turning into it well in advance, with only one attack, you basically can't hit anything unless they aren't great and make zero effort to avoid.

Fara did some cv ranked.

He posted a Chinese server game today.

[-BUI-]
Members
2,708 posts
7,103 battles
6 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Fara did some cv ranked.

He posted a Chinese server game today.

Chinese server is still using pre-rework CVs

The ranked stuff was before 8.5

Edited by Zenn3k