Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ThePoacher

Why not offer Real Ship Models when you buy a Premium Ship?

10 comments in this topic

Members
8 posts
3,463 battles

I am a ship builder hobbyist. I would like to get a physical ship of the premium ship I purchase.  Why not offer it? WOT used to.

• Cool 1

Members
941 posts
4,098 battles

RN on the WG store (EU) they sell models of the essex, atago, bismarck, tirpitz and graf spee (I Purchased the essex one)

They ship from EU but can ship to NA

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,901 battles

Sure, I'll gladly take this Warspite model with the purchase of the in-game ship:

download.jpg.14acd1684aac69ed6876dcb51308bc12.jpg

Just don't tell anybody the model cost at least 3x what the in-game ship does.... :Smile_hiding:

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
29 minutes ago, ThePoacher said:

I am a ship builder hobbyist. I would like to get a physical ship of the premium ship I purchase.  Why not offer it? WOT used to.

They do. Both plastic Revell Style kits and Cobi Block kits (Missouri was just released this week).

2 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Just don't tell anybody the model cost at least 3x what the in-game ship does.... :Smile_hiding:

At least you get to hold it. I love mine.

Edited by _RC1138

[KW]
Banned
623 posts
29 minutes ago, ThePoacher said:

Is a good idea and it will give the boomers something to do besides cruise and I mean CRUISE around passively in randoms.

Edited by nastydamnanimal
  • Boring 1

[HEROS]
Members
2,089 posts
18,873 battles

a 1/700 or 1/720 scale waterline model is can be relatively inexpensive.  the reason model prices have risen over the last few years is hobby demand has actually dropped.  most of what you see out there a 1/350 scale.  I much prefer the smaller scales such as 1/700, 1/1400, and 1/2400 as these scales are excellent for table top play.  I'd love to see it a thing when you purchase a premium ship to have sent to you or receive a significant discount on purchase of the same ship from an online retailer..(or simply be sold the model at cost)

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
29 minutes ago, TL_Warlord_Roff said:

a 1/700 or 1/720 scale waterline model is can be relatively inexpensive.  the reason model prices have risen over the last few years is hobby demand has actually dropped.  most of what you see out there a 1/350 scale.  I much prefer the smaller scales such as 1/700, 1/1400, and 1/2400 as these scales are excellent for table top play.  I'd love to see it a thing when you purchase a premium ship to have sent to you or receive a significant discount on purchase of the same ship from an online retailer..(or simply be sold the model at cost)

Well there's been a rise in the 'Easy' Models; those that do not need to be built or painted, basically just dicast representations. The Amercom and Forces of Valor ones are good for people that want model without the whole painting and assembly thing:

https://www.amazon.com/HMS-Warspite-1942-Model-Amercom/dp/8373090029/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=HMS+Warspite&link_code=qs&qid=1566493097&s=gateway&sourceid=Mozilla-search&sr=8-5

https://www.amazon.com/HMS-Warspite-03-Battleship-British/dp/B06XYV2TLV/ref=sr_1_8?keywords=HMS+Warspite&link_code=qs&qid=1566493097&s=gateway&sourceid=Mozilla-search&sr=8-8

I prefer legos/Cobi for my fill, but these are small enough to fit under a monitor. And for what it's worth, the Cobi Models come with premium time.

Edited by _RC1138

[PVE]
Members
129 posts
6,059 battles

I build model ships too so I like this idea. The only thing is that a decent model in my scale (1/350) would probably cost more than the in game ship hahaha 

Members
794 posts
1,707 battles

I have a collection of 1/700 ships that I have built and painted and they are a lot of fun. I would purchase a Premium/Model Ship. As a Free to Play Player I would spend money if I could build a waterline version as well.

Sign in to follow this