You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CelestialSwan

Playing with a strange set of rules...

9 comments in this topic

[NWNG]
Members
88 posts
693 battles

My Cousin @Counter_Gambit and I created another WoWS account, so he and I can play under the following, weird rule-set, as a bit of a challenge, when we get tired of playing our normal accounts. Why exactly we thought this a good idea, we do not know, but hey, we're going to do it anyway.

Rule 1: No premium ships allowed. Any premium ship received, must be sold immediately.

Rule 2: To play a specific tier the following conditions must first be met;
-A. All nations have the tier in question researched (ships do not have to be in port, just researched and ready for purchase)
-B. All ship types must be at the tier in question.
--B1. exception 1: tier 2 destroyers, tier 3 battleships, tier 4 carriers (due to the fact that most nations require you to unlock them by playing another ship type of the same tier first).
--B2. exception 2: Carriers only count for even tiers (6, 8, 10), for reasons that should be obvious (mentioned because internet can be full of people who would look at it and go "ha you can't play tier 5 because their is no tier 5 carrier," so we're covering our bases with this).
-C. starting at tier 4: each ship must be played at least 10 times, before the next tier can be played. Carriers included (tier 4 carrier played at least 10 times before tier 5 can be played).
--C1. Carriers must also be played an additional 10 times to make up for the lack of odd tier carriers. (Tier 4 carrier played at least 20 times before tier 6 can be played).

Rule 3: Commanders are not allowed to be moved from ship to ship. Once they are recruited for a specific ship, they are stuck on that ship for life, or until dismissed.

Rule 4: Commanders MUST start at 0 points (no spending credits or doubloons for an early boost). This does mean if a commander is received that starts with more than 0 skill points, he must be dismissed immediately. Yes, Yamamoto Isoroku, and Bill Halsey, would both have to be dismissed as well.

Rule 5: Not allowed to join a clan. As such, any and all economic bonuses must come from camouflage or signal flags only.

Again, I don't know why we thought this was a good idea, but we're doing it anyway.

[GGWP]
Privateers
7,649 posts
18,514 battles

Why not play with Yamamoto and Halsey and not assign any skill points to them until you have earned enough for each level? 

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,961 posts
23,301 battles

Might need to make two separate accounts for this. I’m pretty sure the TOS bans any form of account sharing.

[GGWP]
Privateers
7,649 posts
18,514 battles
1 minute ago, Edgecase said:

Might need to make two separate accounts for this. I’m pretty sure the TOS bans any form of account sharing.

I'm unsure if they did or didn't. It's poorly worded 

[NWNG]
Members
88 posts
693 battles
1 hour ago, Edgecase said:

we do have separate accounts. We're just following the same rule set for these accounts.

EDIT: Though the following information is from World of Tanks support article, I'm pretty sure it applies to all Wargaming games:

"If during an investigation of a “hacked” account if we find definitive evidence showing that account sharing, selling or an account purchase has taken place, the account in question will be ineligible from receiving any compensation for unauthorized use such as in-game items being sold or purchased.

You as the account owner will have to deal with the consequences of your actions."

So if my cousin and I wishes to share an account we may do so, it will just be ineligible for any recovery help as a result.

Edited by Night_Sage

[NWNG]
Members
88 posts
693 battles
1 hour ago, Ducky_shot said:

Why not play with Yamamoto and Halsey and not assign any skill points to them until you have earned enough for each level? 

because it is the rules we agreed to. Anyone else wishing to do something like this could easily remove that rule, but they run into another problem: They are automatically trained for Hashidate and Eire, and in accordance to rule 3, we're not allowed to move them to another ship, which means Yamamoto and Halsey will forever be stuck at tier 1, which was another reason we decided to just dismiss them when we receive them.

[GGWP]
Privateers
7,649 posts
18,514 battles
8 minutes ago, Night_Sage said:

because it is the rules we agreed to. Anyone else wishing to do something like this could easily remove that rule, but they run into another problem: They are automatically trained for Hashidate and Eire, and in accordance to rule 3, we're not allowed to move them to another ship, which means Yamamoto and Halsey will forever be stuck at tier 1, which was another reason we decided to just dismiss them when we receive them.

And some people thought that I set up odd challenges for myself... Gl 

Edited by Ducky_shot

[CWM]
Members
617 posts
7,285 battles

If I tried this it’d last a month at best.  I created an EU account and the unlock stages suck a second time around. I’m going f2p on this account too.