You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lady_Legit

These Two Words Will Say It All "I'm Done"

101 comments in this topic

[NOVUS]
Members
8 posts
389 battles

I recently purchased a premium account which still has 31 days on it which I'm going to chalk up as money poorly spent which is my problem. I could probably type a book right now on my experiences playing this game but it would fall on deaf ears. I played in enough battles to know that WoW is very time consuming with very little reward as in Ship XP. Co-op is pointless and boring and consists every now and then of nothing but ship bots on both teams. Random is too competitive and if you play poorly, stay far, far away from Random. The players are really good and I'm really bad and don't have the technique to improve. You'll be lucky to make it 5 minutes into the game. All I can say is, I hope to find an online game at some point that quenches my thirst and it appears WoW wasn't that game. I have played enough battles to know that it will take a lifetime to accomplish anything especially grinding ships and accumulating  Ship XP. Wish I could get my money back, but I can't. Sadly, this account will linger all by itself for many years to come with no movement whatsoever. Bye :fish_cute_2:

• Cool 9
  • Funny 5
  • Boring 8

[GREEK]
Banned
1,064 posts

Play CoOp.  Bots are stupid and easy to kill.  Get used to how they play and then move to Random.  This game has a MASSIVE money sink if you want to do anything fast.  So expect to go slow and enjoy the learning curve.  They game is pretty fun once you get used to its pace.

• Cool 2

[--K--]
Members
5,429 posts
18,799 battles

I would agree with you about this game being very grindy. Especially in light of recent and current event missions. How ever grinding ship lines isn't a problem the longer you play the game. Yes if you are trying to play multiple lines of ship at once you will struggle to climb all the ship branches. I would suggest on focusing 3 lines maybe 4 if you have time and than only play the direct combat ships. Limiting the ship you are grinding makes grinding those ships easier and if you save the Free Exp as its earned eventually you can use it to skip ships or jump up a line in the future. 

Also it does take time to get a grasp on all the ins and outs of this game. I myself didn't feel like I had the game figured out until 1000 battles under my belt. Yet even after all the battles I've played I'm still learning to be a better player. 

To sum up my advice: Don't rush up the tiers, find a few ship you enjoy and get good playing them. Watch all the WoWs tutorial content you can sit through on youtube, just search for the ship you're playing and see what is out there. Avoid the Higher Tiers for right now, you can learn a lot about WoWs and never leave Tiers 1 through 4. Finally if you're not having fun with this game than don't feel bad about moving on. Most only have limited time to spend on game and  that time should be entertaining. 

• Cool 5

[O_O]
Members
7,158 posts
18,012 battles

So...for your 7th post you decide to come here to the forum and announce your departure.

However will we cope with your absence, when we have gotten to know you so well?

24 minutes ago, Lady_Legit said:

I could probably type a book right now on my experiences playing this game but it would fall on deaf ears

With 377 battles under your belt, I'm guessing it would be a pretty short book?  Like a children's book, with lots of pictures and big print?

• Cool 6
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,961 posts
23,301 battles

WoWS is a long-term game. If you think of it as a challenge to be pushed through and overcome, you'll have nothing but anxiety and burnout. Especially as a new player, since there are 4+ years of built-up content to work through. IMO it's better to treat long-running online multiplayer properties as places where you can go and say, "What do you have for me today?" and rarely come up empty.

• Cool 3

[MHG]
Members
883 posts
5,598 battles
30 minutes ago, Lady_Legit said:

Random is too competitive and if you play poorly, stay far, far away from Random.

Another request for Skill Based Matchmaking.

Anyone listening?

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[-KAK-]
Members
643 posts
13,917 battles

I was pretty crap until I hit 1000 battles. I still had major issues until I hit 3000 battles. Even now, I still pick up different tricks/tactics at almost 7000 battles.

Don't quit now because you don't know what you're doing - Everyone's in the same boat at that stage. Watch some streamers, join a training clan, ask questions - You'll get better, but it takes time.

• Cool 3

[WAG]
Members
859 posts
13,905 battles

@Lady_LegitI'm sorry that you had a bad experience. Though to be fair, I'm not sure how you make the statement you did about Random play considering you have only played two games, both of which were in a CV.

Looking at your stats, you are moving up too quickly. Tier 10 isn't the end game, and isn't even a destination you need to make. The game changes as you move up the tiers, both based on the capabilities of the ships, as well as the caliber of players. You have protected matchmaking until you hit Tier 5, so beginners really should play T4 and lower, especially in Random. Also, you rarely can grind missions below T5, so only hardcore seal clubbers venture there. Most good players rarely play below T5.

Also, not everyone in the game is toxic. My understanding is the age of WoW players skews much higher than the typical video game, both based on the subject matter and speed of play. The average age in my clan probably around 40. Many players would be happy to help you if given the chance.

For beginners that get frustrated, my first recommendation is join a clan that will offer mentorship. The game has a steep learning curve, and I agree it takes around 500–1,500 games in Random before most get a good handle on the game mechanics. The quickest way over the initial hurdle is playing in division with voice chat with someone coaching. If you are a pleasant person, I would be happy to help you, if you are on NA. I generally play nights (Eastern Time).

• Cool 4

[WOLF7]
Members
12,615 posts
7 minutes ago, DustRhino said:

@Lady_LegitI'm sorry that you had a bad experience. Though to be fair, I'm not sure how you make the statement you did about Random play considering you have only played two games, both of which were in a CV.

Looking at your stats, you are moving up too quickly. Tier 10 isn't the end game, and isn't even a destination you need to make. The game changes as you move up the tiers, both based on the capabilities of the ships, as well as the caliber of players. You have protected matchmaking until you hit Tier 5, so beginners really should play T4 and lower, especially in Random. Also, you rarely can grind missions below T5, so only hardcore seal clubbers venture there. Most good players rarely play below T5.

Also, not everyone in the game is toxic. My understanding is the age of WoW players skews much higher than the typical video game, both based on the subject matter and speed of play. The average age in my clan probably around 40. Many players would be happy to help you if given the chance.

For beginners that get frustrated, my first recommendation is join a clan that will offer mentorship. The game has a steep learning curve, and I agree it takes around 500–1,500 games in Random before most get a good handle on the game mechanics. The quickest way over the initial hurdle is playing in division with voice chat with someone coaching. If you are a pleasant person, I would be happy to help you, if you are on NA. I generally play nights (Eastern Time).

And once again, people seem to not understand that the average player will not invest that kind of time in this game....

The problem is that it's presented as an Arcade game, but it has the complex mechanics of a sim, simply to please the few players that desire it, because those players spend lots of money, or they did anyway....:Smile_teethhappy:

[EQRN]
Members
2,299 posts
21,445 battles
45 minutes ago, Lady_Legit said:

I recently purchased a premium account which still has 31 days on it which I'm going to chalk up as money poorly spent which is my problem.

The way I’m reading this, you paid $$ for *someone else’s account* which had stuff and 31 days of premium left on it?  Pretty sure that goes against some WG policy, can admins disable that account?  The OP won’t miss it, after all :fish_haloween:

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[TIGRB]
Members
250 posts
2,801 battles
51 minutes ago, Lady_Legit said:

I recently purchased a premium account which still has 31 days on it which I'm going to chalk up as money poorly spent which is my problem. I could probably type a book right now on my experiences playing this game but it would fall on deaf ears. I played in enough battles to know that WoW is very time consuming with very little reward as in Ship XP. Co-op is pointless and boring and consists every now and then of nothing but ship bots on both teams. Random is too competitive and if you play poorly, stay far, far away from Random. The players are really good and I'm really bad and don't have the technique to improve. You'll be lucky to make it 5 minutes into the game. All I can say is, I hope to find an online game at some point that quenches my thirst and it appears WoW wasn't that game. I have played enough battles to know that it will take a lifetime to accomplish anything especially grinding ships and accumulating  Ship XP. Wish I could get my money back, but I can't. Sadly, this account will linger all by itself for many years to come with no movement whatsoever. Bye :fish_cute_2:

Hey, If it was easy, Everyone would be a Unicom. join a clan and division up with a decent player who is willing to teach you. I will be starting my own clan in three days..the 5th. Get in touch with me. I have two accounts and over 14,000 battles exp, im not unicom but I am above average. be glad to work with you.

[WAG]
Members
859 posts
13,905 battles
14 minutes ago, SJ_Sailer said:

Another request for Skill Based Matchmaking.

Anyone listening?

Advice from a player that played a total of two Random games? No, not really listening.

A greater problem is too steep a learning curve, and not enough aid from tutorials. Most complex games (I have played) have multiple training missions in which the game slowly introduces, and explains the game mechanics. WoW has one pretty terrible one where you shoot at some stationary targets, if I recall. No help on learning how to aim, ammo selection, auto-bounce, overmatch, upgrade selection, captain skills, etc. I think this leads to greater frustration, and much of the problem with the skill gap in matchmaking.

Then again, as skill-based matchmaking approaches perfection, all player win rates approach 50%. Do all the super income players want the same win rate as a the latest players getting in their first 100 games?

• Cool 1

Members
618 posts
3,405 battles
54 minutes ago, Lady_Legit said:

When I started, others told me it would take about 1,000 battles to learn the ropes. I'm at just over 1,000 random games now, and they were right. Don't pressure yourself to be good immediately. It really does take lots of battles to figure out. I strongly recommend that you stay at tier 1-4 in random until you get more comfortable. Tiers 5+ are a lot harder.

Fair winds and following seas!

• Cool 1

[WAG]
Members
859 posts
13,905 battles
10 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

The way I’m reading this, you paid $$ for *someone else’s account* which had stuff and 31 days of premium left on it?  Pretty sure that goes against some WG policy, can admins disable that account?  The OP won’t miss it, after all :fish_haloween:

If that is the way you are reading it, my guess is you read it wrong, and you failed to confirm before accusing someone of violating the ToS. The player's account has no premium ships, and the highest tech tree ship is T4. Not sure why someone would pay for such an account. This player actually used the correct Wargaming terminology for for what you are referring to, which is "Premium Account."

premium.png

Edited by DustRhino
  • Cool 2

[MHG]
Members
883 posts
5,598 battles
5 minutes ago, DustRhino said:

Advice from a player that played a total of two Random games? No, not really listening.

A greater problem is too steep a learning curve, and not enough aid from tutorials. Most complex games (I have played) have multiple training missions in which the game slowly introduces, and explains the game mechanics. WoW has one pretty terrible one where you shoot at some stationary targets, if I recall. No help on learning how to aim, ammo selection, auto-bounce, overmatch, upgrade selection, captain skills, etc. I think this leads to greater frustration, and much of the problem with the skill gap in matchmaking.

Then again, as skill-based matchmaking approaches perfection, all player win rates approach 50%. Do all the super income players want the same win rate as a the latest players getting in their first 100 games?

Well if they want to shoot fish in a barrel there is always Co-Op.

[-FUA-]
Members
2,542 posts
14,702 battles
1 hour ago, Lady_Legit said:

One of the game play issues with WoWS is that the new player is allowed to rise to the level where the more experienced players ( and seal clubbers) have access to your inexperience. One of the solutions is for WG to prevent experienced players from feeding on the noobs, in some way, and yes I can think of several.... but as this poster has said, would it be considered?  

There are ways to enhance the experience for new players.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
13,216 posts
18,754 battles

Fair enough sorry to see you go. I took me a lot longer than a few hundred games to start getting better at this game.  I think you not giving your self enough credit and certainly not enough time. 

[FEM]
Members
2,108 posts
17,811 battles

Random is too competitive. The players are really good 

While I agree not playing this game is a good idea, I'm in the same boat, saying randoms is competitive or the average player is good, just means you haven't given the game enough of a chance to really tell if it is worth your time. The fact is there's only a few hundred people on each server that are actually good at the game. This is where normally I would say give it a fair shot and learn the mechanics before tossing it aside, but no, you are right, it's not worth trying to learn anymore.

[TDRB]
Members
5,394 posts
13,743 battles

I understand the frustration. I do believe WG should make it easier for new player to earn in game currencies and speed up commander training. Sorry to see you go.

[WAG]
Members
859 posts
13,905 battles
3 minutes ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

One of the game play issues with WoWS is that the new player is allowed to rise to the level where the more experienced players ( and seal clubbers) have access to your inexperience. One of the solutions is for WG to prevent experienced players from feeding on the noobs, in some way, and yes I can think of several.... but as this poster has said, would it be considered?  

There are ways to enhance the experience for new players.

One thing Wargaming did was limit almost all missions to T5 or higher. That means if people want to hard core seal club, they can't do missions, earn daily containers, etc.

Another thing I suspect is the lack of T4 premium ships. There are tons of T2, 3 and 5, but almost no T4. 

[NFE]
Members
360 posts
3,382 battles

I'm not sure what you expected from this game if co-op is too easy and random is too hard. What kind of experience would be just right?

That said, I commend you for being smart enough to realize you aren't good at a game. Nothing wrong with that. I suck at Call of Duty: WWII, myself.

Edited by GoaJim

[-BUI-]
Members
2,707 posts
7,103 battles
1 hour ago, Forum_Troll said:

Play CoOp.  Bots are stupid and easy to kill.  Get used to how they play and then move to Random.  This game has a MASSIVE money sink if you want to do anything fast.  So expect to go slow and enjoy the learning curve.  They game is pretty fun once you get used to its pace.

Co-Op truly isn't worth anyones time for anything other than an easy way to complete daily objectives.   (Win X battles)...okay I can knock that out in co-op easily, every game is a win.   Hit with main guns 30,000 times?   Co-Op, smoke and hold M1 with a rapid fire gunboat.   

XP, Credits, etc?   The mode is worthless for these things.   Grinding a ship through co-op takes 10x as long as in randoms, it basically requires you play randoms (or operations if you can stand to do that over and over, I can't).     When it takes 100 random games to grind up the next ship, the prospect of playing 1000 Co-op games is really not appealing and its not fun.   

Personally, I get tired of playing the same ship very quickly, with a few exceptions.   If I have a poor game or 3 in a row with a ship, I may retire it entirely.    I'm trying to grind up the Shimakaze, I got to Kagero, played 2 games, and had to dump my FXP to get past it, because it was unplayable garbage in my opinion.   Torp range too short, reload too long, guns are worthless, has no AA in an AA intense meta, totally unplayable, I literally had 0 damage in both games, once because I screwed up and died very early to a gearing torpedo soup, the other because 5 BBs charging my direction perfectly dodged every torp salvo I sent out, not a single hit.    To suggest I could go play that in co-op for months is unrealistic, luckily I had the FXP saved up to skip it, but many don't have that luxury, especially if they're newer to the game.

• Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
26,700 posts
32,042 battles
42 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

That's not how I'm reading it.  I read it as  saying that she bought some premium time and has 31 days left.

• Cool 4

[-AFK-]
Members
1,379 posts
16,702 battles

I'd be more than happy to give you a few pointers to help at the game.

You are right about the investment into world of warships. Yes it will take a lot of time. 

I am 4 years into my Wows carrier and I have only been using premium time on and off as well as not buying ships or converting XP. 

So, after 4 years I only have 5 tier 10 ships, however I have 97 ships in port and I chose a different route to that of a collector. 

I have focused on specific ships i want to play and want to be good at, which cut my time down a lot. 

I can play competitively in these ships however outside of them I try to apply what I know in those other ships and sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. 

[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
23,987 battles

@Lady_Legit 377 battles is hardly enough to form such an opinion. Come back and complain after 4 years and 15000 battles.

Go ahead and quit and waste the money yo spent on premium time. By the way it will be gone in 31 days whether you play or not.

• Boring 1