Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
paradat

Carrier strats in 8.5

87 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,873
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
10,952 posts
14,939 battles

Another Nice vid form Notser. Good Ideas for CV's dealing with the better AA and being impactful for your team.

 

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
940
[-BUI-]
Members
1,526 posts
4,746 battles

5.5 minutes, no damage, playing spotter plane.    Fun and engaging. 

All that for 98k damage.   I got 112k in my last Harugumo game just sitting behind an island and hold down M1.   Anything sub 100k at T10 is a bad game.

Edited by Zenn3k
  • Cool 5
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,190
[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,955 posts
14,569 battles

5.5min without dmg

so fun

so impact in the match

 

  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,751
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,983 posts
5,508 battles

CV OP!   Nerf Moar!   SMH.................. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,292
[--K--]
[--K--]
Members
4,140 posts
19,128 battles
16 minutes ago, Zenn3k said:

5.5 minutes, no damage, playing spotter plane.    Fun and engaging. 

All that for 98k damage.   I got 112k in my last Harugumo game just sitting behind an island and hold down M1.   Anything sub 100k at T10 is a bad game.

 

11 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

5.5min without dmg

so fun

so impact in the match

 

  Lol that sounds like the DDs 8.0

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
854
[SPITZ]
Beta Testers
7,127 posts
6,331 battles
1 minute ago, silverdahc said:

 

  Lol that sounds like the DDs 8.0

And they got to run the show before CVs became popular.

 

And now they get back to being the most OP [edited]class in the game.

 

Also, Notster is a hardcore anti-CV hater, the Strat is this.

 

Don't bother playing because they broke the back of all non-TX CVs to aplease the DD-clucks that shouldn't be allowed opinions on balancing.

  • Cool 6
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,292
[--K--]
[--K--]
Members
4,140 posts
19,128 battles
3 minutes ago, Sakuzhi said:

And they got to run the show before CVs became popular.

 

And now they get back to being the most OP [edited]class in the game.

 

Also, Notster is a hardcore anti-CV hater, the Strat is this.

 

Don't bother playing because they broke the back of all non-TX CVs to aplease the DD-clucks that shouldn't be allowed opinions on balancing.

 I'm not saying CVs are in a great spot right now But I did find it humorous the same complaint from  DDs when carriers were very OP and had them under their thumb 8.0

 They had the same complaint

all I am is glorified spotter in can't damage a thing

 The sad thing is is we're 6 months in and we still don't know what happening next

 

 

Edited by silverdahc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
854
[SPITZ]
Beta Testers
7,127 posts
6,331 battles
Just now, silverdahc said:

 I'm not saying CVs are in a great spot right now But I did find it humorous the same complaint from  DDs when carriers were very OP and had them under their thumb 8.0

 They had the same complaint

all I am is glorified spotter in can't damage a thing

That's because DD players have always been somewhat mildly retarded. <They just couldn't literally run the show anymore with 100% immunity to non-DDs (and yeah, I'm saying Radar is at -best- a soft counter) 

As for not in a great spot, they are literally the trash class of the game because while this 'nerf' might have helped with TXs.

 

It doesn't just effect TXs, it effects all other CVs, who just fyi, generally struggled as it was when they were bottom tier, and now as bottom tier? You can 1) Try to do something, fail, lose all of your planes, or 2) Wait around for most of the [edited]match try to do something, lose most of your planes for a generally low-damage output strike (because the Devs cut the nuts off of a CVs Alpha Strike ability, and now they cut the nuts off of their gradual damage output).

 

Just goes to show that it's World of DDs and nothing is allowed to truly hard counter them.

 

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,292
[--K--]
[--K--]
Members
4,140 posts
19,128 battles
1 minute ago, Sakuzhi said:

That's because DD players have always been somewhat mildly retarded. <They just couldn't literally run the show anymore with 100% immunity to non-DDs (and yeah, I'm saying Radar is at -best- a soft counter) 

As for not in a great spot, they are literally the trash class of the game because while this 'nerf' might have helped with TXs.

 

It doesn't just effect TXs, it effects all other CVs, who just fyi, generally struggled as it was when they were bottom tier, and now as bottom tier? You can 1) Try to do something, fail, lose all of your planes, or 2) Wait around for most of the [edited]match try to do something, lose most of your planes for a generally low-damage output strike (because the Devs cut the nuts off of a CVs Alpha Strike ability, and now they cut the nuts off of their gradual damage output).

 

Just goes to show that it's World of DDs and nothing is allowed to truly hard counter them.

 

 Lol 

Well I don't feel bad for you especially after your rude comments

 But go ahead keep feeling sorry for yourself I don't care If you can't overcome and adapt then oh well

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
940
[-BUI-]
Members
1,526 posts
4,746 battles
6 minutes ago, silverdahc said:

 I'm not saying CVs are in a great spot right now But I did find it humorous the same complaint from  DDs when carriers were very OP and had them under their thumb 8.0

 They had the same complaint

all I am is glorified spotter in can't damage a thing

 The sad thing is is we're 6 months in and we still don't know what happening next

 

 

The nerfs have caused me to focus DDs even harder than before.    So careful what you wish for destroyers.

My priorities are:  

DDs as much as possible or until all dead.  They hide a lot, smoke a lot, and try to avoid me, so I gotta spend a fair amount of time just trying to find them again.

If not DDs, then any lone Battleship I can find that isn't an AA monster.

If not that, then spotter plane or attempt a slingshot on an isolated cruiser, but most cruisers are deathtraps, so they are to be avoided as much as possible.   

I'm not going throw my planes away on other ship types I can't attack, so I'm totally cool circling over your smoke for 1-2 minutes until it fades.    Or drop a fighter, ditch an attack or two in the water, do a quick strike on something else I can find, and come right back to you with a fresh group.   

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,292
[--K--]
[--K--]
Members
4,140 posts
19,128 battles
1 minute ago, Zenn3k said:

The nerfs have caused me to focus DDs even harder than before.    So careful what you wish for destroyers.

My priorities are:  

DDs as much as possible or until all dead.  They hide a lot, smoke a lot, and try to avoid me, so I gotta spend a fair amount of time just trying to find them again.

If not DDs, then any lone Battleship I can find that isn't an AA monster.

If not that, then spotter plane or attempt a slingshot on an isolated cruiser, but most cruisers are deathtraps, so they are to be avoided as much as possible.   

I'm not going throw my planes away on other ship types I can't attack, so I'm totally cool circling over your smoke for 1-2 minutes until it fades.    Or drop a fighter, ditch an attack or two in the water, do a quick strike on something else I can find, and come right back to you with a fresh group.   

 That's fine I've been playing a lot of AA destroyers I'm ready come at me bro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
940
[-BUI-]
Members
1,526 posts
4,746 battles
Just now, silverdahc said:

 That's fine I've been playing a lot of AA destroyers I'm ready come at me bro

Thats fine, I'm still spotting you, which is often enough to get you killed.     Your AA build DD is still less scary than any other AA on your entire team, so you are still the best choice, AA build or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
854
[SPITZ]
Beta Testers
7,127 posts
6,331 battles
3 minutes ago, silverdahc said:

 That's fine I've been playing a lot of AA destroyers I'm ready come at me bro

Good thing all of those shinie AA guns tend to get destroyed in the first wave of Rockets.

 

Seeing as DDs are basically the only thing that you can somewhat engage, but they massively nerfed CVs ability to engage DDs no less than 4 separate times by now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,292
[--K--]
[--K--]
Members
4,140 posts
19,128 battles
7 minutes ago, Sakuzhi said:

Good thing all of those shinie AA guns tend to get destroyed in the first wave of Rockets.

 

Seeing as DDs are basically the only thing that you can somewhat engage, but they massively nerfed CVs ability to engage DDs no less than 4 separate times by now.

 Not if you're taking aa survivability,  Funny thing is after swatting a squad or two most carriers don't come back

 I've overcome and adapted if it doesn't have AA it doesn't leave port

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
155
[F4E]
[F4E]
Members
548 posts
13,129 battles

I watched one of the CCs/testers play through all of the CVs since the patch. I'll give you that he is a top notched player. Has one of the better understandings of the game and how it works. However, He seldom plays CVs at all. They're not even a casual player of them. They played everyone including the GZ and had no problems what so ever. I'm not going to say this is typical. Not going to say there isn't some sort of adaption to be made or a learning curve. Just the fact I watched several games including one of a GZ in a TX game and the player had no problem not being deplaned and they had decent if not great numbers by the end of the match. I just wanted to throw that out there first. Now with that said, I read these post and all I see is angry CV players posting how it's the DD players fault WG has and will continue to make changes to the game. It is so much those players fault that I'm now going to focus  on you each and every game out of spite, anger, or I can't do anything else because it's your fault.

I sit back and wonder is this what it has devolved to? Is there any other reasonable explanation as to why all of the name calling, trolling and bickering in game and on these forums other than this? 

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,292
[--K--]
[--K--]
Members
4,140 posts
19,128 battles
28 minutes ago, HyPHerFaZe said:

I watched one of the CCs/testers play through all of the CVs since the patch. I'll give you that he is a top notched player. Has one of the better understandings of the game and how it works. However, He seldom plays CVs at all. They're not even a casual player of them. They played everyone including the GZ and had no problems what so ever. I'm not going to say this is typical. Not going to say there isn't some sort of adaption to be made or a learning curve. Just the fact I watched several games including one of a GZ in a TX game and the player had no problem not being deplaned and they had decent if not great numbers by the end of the match. I just wanted to throw that out there first. Now with that said, I read these post and all I see is angry CV players posting how it's the DD players fault WG has and will continue to make changes to the game. It is so much those players fault that I'm now going to focus  on you each and every game out of spite, anger, or I can't do anything else because it's your fault.

I sit back and wonder is this what it has devolved to? Is there any other reasonable explanation as to why all of the name calling, trolling and bickering in game and on these forums other than this? 

 It's not surprising so many people that didn't know how to be good with surface ships started playing CVs at 8.0  because they were easy and no risk

now that they actually have to apply strategy to be good they're in the same boat as they were before when they couldn't make surface ships work,  and of course they blame everybody but their own self

 

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
303
Members
358 posts
3,738 battles

 

1 hour ago, Zenn3k said:

5.5 minutes, no damage, playing spotter plane.   Fun and engaging. 

That's the new meta, obviously you just need to adapt, git gud, just dodge, etc. Finally, after 6 months of [edited] it's the CVs doing the QQ. 

In addition to the 100k damage that Notser pulled in this game, he added what 175k spotting damage? How much is it going to take for you to be happy? Half a mil combined damage + spotting? A million? 

Seriously though, for all the hilarity that comes from blaming this on "the DD mafia" CV has also been dunking on BB and CA with a broken AA system for half a year. It was high time something changed. Under-tier CVs admittedly get the worst of it here, but that's just an amplification of the problems of not having odd tier CV and poor AA scaling, not the fault of patch 8.5 itself. I'm sure there are future adjustments in store there too. 

I wouldn't let your panties bunch too hard though because if a hotfix mere days after 8.5 isn't enough to convince you that WG is going to continue to take steps to make sure the needle swings back towards the CV then I'm not sure what will. 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,404 posts
13 minutes ago, silverdahc said:

 It's not surprising so many people that didn't know how to be good with surface ships started playing CVs at 8.0  because they were easy and no risk

now that they actually have to apply strategy to be good they're in the same boat as they were before when they couldn't make surface ships work,  and of course they blame everybody but their own self

 

People keep throwing no risk around and I'm pretty sure they dont know what it means. The risk is losing your planes. You are effectively dead. The risk is losing the match. The same as everyone else.  But hey you are the pro CV player since the rework. Super ez mode as you claim.

Lets take a look at the strongest of the T10 CVs on your stats. Is that a 29.63% win rate and 59k damage? I dont think your opinon on this matter carries much weight.

image.thumb.png.f18295a70c4e74573663f79e4f35ca6e.png

Edited by Dr_Citadel
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,504
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,031 posts
17,617 battles

"Let me ignore this isolated GK, he's too far to matter, and instead feed this isolated Worcester who's also too far to matter."

- Notser, 2019

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
700
[WOLFC]
Members
1,711 posts
9,069 battles
18 minutes ago, silverdahc said:

 It's not surprising so many people that didn't know how to be good with surface ships started playing CVs at 8.0  because they were easy and no risk

 

 

Oh please,  I have hundreds of games in the CV's and only JUST started cracking 40K in damages the week before 8.5.

It takes some people a dozen games to get good.


Its takes some people 5.


It takes MANY people over 100.

 

It takes some of  us over 500.

 

 

The idea that only crap players played CV's because they are lazy is garbage.

 

Crap players like me remain crap for a long time, if we ever get better.  And we still play this game.

 


Seriously,  if you want to  know why crap players do stuff in this game....ASK ONE OF US.

Otherwise you come off as a pretentious elitist  (self-edit).

 

 

 

Edited by Anonymous50
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,292
[--K--]
[--K--]
Members
4,140 posts
19,128 battles
14 minutes ago, Dr_Citadel said:

People keep throwing no risk around and I'm pretty sure they dont know what it means. The risk is losing your planes. You are effectively dead. The risk is losing the match. The same as everyone else.  But hey you are the pro CV player since the rework. Super ez mode as you claim.

Lets take a look at the strongest of the T10 CVs on your stats. Is that a 29.63% win rate and 59k damage? I dont think your opinon on this matter carries much weight.

image.thumb.png.f18295a70c4e74573663f79e4f35ca6e.png

 O I'm not saying I'm good I just was playing to get a feel for how they worked

I dont want to grief my fellow players,  I don't wanna be part of the problem

 I'm man enough to show my stats what about you?

  So you have worse stats then me?  And I must assume you're just too scared to show how badly you are

Edited by silverdahc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
303
Members
358 posts
3,738 battles
8 minutes ago, Dr_Citadel said:

People keep throwing no risk around and I'm pretty sure they dont know what it means. The risk is losing your planes. You are effectively dead. The risk is losing the match. The same as everyone else.  But hey you are the pro CV player since the rework. Super ez mode as you claim.

Lets take a look at the strongest of the T10 CVs on your stats. Is that a 29.63% win rate and 59k damage? I dont think your opinon on this matter carries much weight.

image.thumb.png.f18295a70c4e74573663f79e4f35ca6e.png

By that measure, why don't we take a look at your stats so we can judge how much to weigh your opinion on this issue? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,131
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,869 posts
13,616 battles
2 hours ago, Zenn3k said:

5.5 minutes, no damage, playing spotter plane.    Fun and engaging. 

All that for 98k damage.   I got 112k in my last Harugumo game just sitting behind an island and hold down M1.   Anything sub 100k at T10 is a bad game.

 

2 hours ago, HyenaHiena said:

5.5min without dmg

so fun

so impact in the match

 

That was tier 10 CV's before the rework too.

172k spotting damage, 1800 base experience, I would say he had a positive impact on the match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×