Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Nato101

Hardcap on DDs?

10 comments in this topic

Members
5,108 posts
9,327 battles

First one - people playing DDs compared to the rest and the second - queue dump it look like

[INTEL]
Members
1,638 posts
14,030 battles
2 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

First one - people playing DDs compared to the rest and the second - queue dump it look like

Both are queue dumps. 

I'm guessing those battles were played while the server population was very low. Yesterday morning I played 5 matchs between 4 and 6am eastern. 4 of them had mismatched DD/cruiser counts. One we had the only DD in the match.

Alpha Tester
1,734 posts
2,514 battles
8 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

I don't see how a queue dump is possible in non-cv tier 6-8 ships. I asked and everyone who responded said that it was a very short wait.

3 minutes ago, Ares1967 said:

Both are queue dumps. 

I'm guessing those battles were played while the server population was very low. Yesterday morning I played 5 matchs between 4 and 6am eastern. 4 of them had mismatched DD/cruiser counts. One we had the only DD in the match.

It was just before, actually the 2nd one was at the time of posting whilst I was ingame sailing to the cap point.

• Boring 1

[INTEL]
Members
1,638 posts
14,030 battles
1 minute ago, Nato101 said:

I don't see how a queue dump is possible in non-cv tier 6-8 ships. I asked and everyone who responded said that it was a very short wait.

It was just before, actually the 2nd one was at the time of posting whilst I was ingame sailing to the cap point.

The NA server population is low in the morning. People are still in bed from the late shift or headed to work. 

Dumps are possible at every tier regardless of ship types.

The responsible party didnt respond.

Alpha Tester
1,734 posts
2,514 battles
3 minutes ago, Ares1967 said:

The NA server population is low in the morning. People are still in bed from the late shift or headed to work. 

Dumps are possible at every tier regardless of ship types.

The responsible party didnt respond.

It's around 2800 players, and I've never encountered 2 dumps in a row in all my time. Very odd, if that's the case.

• Boring 1

[SYN]
Members
15,614 posts
12,778 battles

soft cap for DDs is 4 and hard cap is 5 when MM says "[edited] it"

• Cool 1

[CUTEZ]
-Members-
1,642 posts
1,170 battles
2 hours ago, Nato101 said:

I was under the impression that it was 4 DDs per team?

shot-19.07.02_20.33.47-0474.jpg

Hey Nato101,

Depending on the server population at the time this can happen, typically it is late at night or early in the morning. This will occasionally happen where the teams gets 1 more of a certain ship that doesn't match up with the other team. This doesn't tend to happen too often though. The second match is definitely a queue dump where someone probably sat in queue for the whole time and it matched y'all up. 

How did the matches turn out? I have been in a couple of 4v4 matches and they are quite interesting. 

Alpha Tester
1,734 posts
2,514 battles
23 minutes ago, Kami said:

Hey Nato101,

Depending on the server population at the time this can happen, typically it is late at night or early in the morning. This will occasionally happen where the teams gets 1 more of a certain ship that doesn't match up with the other team. This doesn't tend to happen too often though. The second match is definitely a queue dump where someone probably sat in queue for the whole time and it matched y'all up. 

How did the matches turn out? I have been in a couple of 4v4 matches and they are quite interesting. 

OK, this is extremely rare then. I'm in Aus so your morning is my night.

The 5v5 started ok after I torped and finished an enemy DD with my guns, but it quickly went downhill from there after my cruiser ate torps and, and I stupidly opened myself up to danger and died not long after. It did feel a lot safer though overall. It was interesting but I prefer the chaos of a full lineup.

Sign in to follow this