You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Dareios

now that CVs hame been nerfed out of the MM...

60 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
1,830 posts

Im seeing at least 3-4 times as many DDs camping behind the BBs at the rear of the map, compared to 8.3/4.

Not spotting.

Nor capping.

Let alone wanting to fight another DD.

just lurking, missing 90% of their max range torps and wondering why there's yet another steamroll of the team they're on.

All under the watchful eye of zero CVs in the  games observed recently. Yep, it was definitely the CVs that ruined DDs. Even when there are no CVs they are so traumatised that they cant play.

• Cool 12
  • Funny 10
  • Boring 5

Members
2,070 posts
12,862 battles

It takes a while for people to adjust to meta changes so what your point?

Alpha Tester
1,734 posts
2,514 battles

Had one on my team today. He was behind BBs and cruisers. Disgusting!

[B2P]
Members
13,459 posts
40,277 battles
14 minutes ago, Dareios said:

Im seeing at least 3-4 times as many DDs camping behind the BBs at the rear of the map, compared to 8.3/4.

Not spotting.

Nor capping.

just lurking, missing 90% of their max range torps and wondering why there's yet another steamroll of the team they're on.

All under the watchful eye of zero CVs in the  games observed recently. Yep, it was definitely the CVs that ruined DDs. Even when there are no CVs they are so traumatised that they cant play.

Played Fletch, Yug, and Cossack, and never saw any of that. It was nice to play DD and not get griefed. 

Had 2 CV crapfest T10/T8 today too. I can't even imagine the kind of mind that thought that garbage was a good idea. And here we are in 0.8.5 and still no fix for that utter trash. I hope the devs who thought that was a good idea spawn eternally in two CV games in a Mikasa. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 5

Beta Testers
3,497 posts
6,961 battles

Average gameplay has been heading south for the last year or so.  Radar started some of the dysfunction around capping.  CVs were just the nail in the coffin. 

I don't think you'll ever get back to the good old days of aggressive capping.  Lemming trains are the wave of the future and you're not going to be able to entice people away from that sort of passive play style.  Particularly with the new laser beam BBs coming down the pike.  It's camp fests all the way down from here.

• Cool 1

[SGSS]
Members
6,309 posts
20 minutes ago, Dareios said:

Not spotting.

Nor capping.

Yes now that they can show off there amazing 4d chess skills. They can perma spot and spam unlimited torps they Hummm yeaa

O and hate cv.... 

What a joke.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3

[B2P]
Members
13,459 posts
40,277 battles
13 minutes ago, CommodoreKang said:

Average gameplay has been heading south for the last year or so.  Radar started some of the dysfunction around capping.  CVs were just the nail in the coffin. 

I don't think you'll ever get back to the good old days of aggressive capping.  Lemming trains are the wave of the future and you're not going to be able to entice people away from that sort of passive play style.  Particularly with the new laser beam BBs coming down the pike.  It's camp fests all the way down from here.

Yeah, I miss the days when I could get in a cap in Fubuki and spam out torps and knife fight with other DDs. Radar and CVs have eliminated most of the wonderful knife fights that used to take place in caps. 

• Cool 6
  • Boring 1

[KWF]
Members
6,717 posts
7,321 battles

At least the flavor of the month will change, so that's something. Can't spend too much time disliking one specific class, have to expand to others too.

• Funny 1

Members
817 posts
9,071 battles

..ehh,, many games like this. Not just DDs. The average random games dominated by players, who have absolutely no clue where to go, and what to do.... including tier X.......

[WOLF3]
Members
2,894 posts
7,718 battles

The DDs will adapt - again - to the new meta just in time for the next patch which will restore aircraft health and bring the CVS back. 

Cant believe people STILL pay to play this game. 

[ARGSY]
Members
25,666 posts
19,741 battles
1 hour ago, Dareios said:

Not spotting.

Nor capping.

Cowards. The captains ought to be sacked and their commands given to Girl Guides, who would probably do better. :Smile_trollface:

[AAA]
Members
816 posts
20,131 battles
1 hour ago, Taichunger said:

Played Fletch, Yug, and Cossack, and never saw any of that. It was nice to play DD and not get griefed. 

Had 2 CV crapfest T10/T8 today too. I can't even imagine the kind of mind that thought that garbage was a good idea. And here we are in 0.8.5 and still no fix for that utter trash. I hope the devs who thought that was a good idea spawn eternally in two CV games in a Mikasa. 

Hey dude, nice to see that you re-installed the game. Before the month that I had said it would take you :cap_haloween:.

More on topic, many people are forgetting that we are now into the beginning of the two month madness known as summer on WOWS. Schools are closing/closed and the kiddies are gonna be running rampant on the game (plus it was a holiday in Canada yesterday). So expect tons of non-capping, torp spamming from the back line coming up.

2 CV games should never be an option at any tier. Had one with two T8's per side over the weekend, the red guys were smart and paired up to hunt our dds. It was not nice being the focus of two squads of rocket planes. Ours focused on farming damage on bbs. Game was over pretty quick once our two dds were sunk as the bbs just sat in the back waiting to die while the enemy pushed in.

• Cool 1

[B2P]
Members
13,459 posts
40,277 battles
Just now, Rabin69 said:

Hey dude, nice to see that you re-installed the game. Before the month that I had said it would take you :cap_haloween:.

Ha I thought of you when I re-installed. I came back because AA finally made the game playable again, and the number of CVs has dropped, so it was kind of a shock to get a 2 CV crapfest. Luckily I was in Georgia, with half-decent AA, and the Red CVs only griefed me once.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
54 posts
2,506 battles

I dont know what game your all playing but it's not this one. I played 4 games with CVs yesterday out of 7 total in Grozovoi. Every game the CV was able to make 3 passes on me with DFAA on and a cruiser close to me. So this "freedom" you speak of was just eliminated with the patch. Maybe next time before you complain how DDs wont go cap make sure you know what your talking about first.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,878 posts
11,515 battles

Simple solution players need to actively hunt dds. That means dd on dd violence, however no dd player will do that so gg .

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
3,497 posts
6,961 battles
6 minutes ago, C10Khon said:

I dont know what game your all playing but it's not this one. I played 4 games with CVs yesterday out of 7 total in Grozovoi. Every game the CV was able to make 3 passes on me with DFAA on and a cruiser close to me. So this "freedom" you speak of was just eliminated with the patch. Maybe next time before you complain how DDs wont go cap make sure you know what your talking about first.

Yeah, I was just in a Midway v Midway game and my little Benson buddy (who did end up capping) lost half his health in the first minute of the game.  And I was in a DM less than 4 km away.  The rest of the team facerolled though so it didn't really matter.  We got pointed out in the first 10 minutes.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,830 posts
22 minutes ago, C10Khon said:

speaking AS a DD MAIN, my recent experiences do not match yours.

1,878 posts
11,515 battles
1 minute ago, Dareios said:

speaking AS a DD MAIN, my recent experiences do not match yours.

for real I hopped on a few of my dds today won every game no cv insight. 

[CRMSN]
6,021 posts
4,725 battles

Miss those days, blistering knifes fights in caps between 3-4 dd's shells fying everywere torps all over the place!

Had a lot of fun playing Destroyers back then... 

• Cool 1

[NAUTY]
Members
641 posts
2 hours ago, CommodoreKang said:

So much whining..I think the game better then ever. See my article on type1, and type 2 players. I have no problems with CV's, and I play as a dd MAINLY right now.  I miss the fun of CV's since theyve been nerfed so bad..but I;ll have to adjsut and continue tickling ships to death, cause lets be honest..thats ALL that they can do.

Sir Superwhiner...I take it you wont like subs either when they enter the game this year.

[MHG]
Members
355 posts
13,123 battles

Out of the handful of 8.5 matches I’ve played in Midway... carriers aren’t neutered. You can still put up some good numbers you just have to be way more thoughtful about how you do it. No more yoloing planes into a mob of ships to get a quick strike. It just won’t happen anymore. I haven’t tried T8 yet since they get uptiered so much they are generally not fun.

Beta Testers
3,497 posts
6,961 battles
5 minutes ago, drakoolia said:

So much whining..I think the game better then ever. See my article on type1, and type 2 players. I have no problems with CV's, and I play as a dd MAINLY right now.  I miss the fun of CV's since theyve been nerfed so bad..but I;ll have to adjsut and continue tickling ships to death, cause lets be honest..thats ALL that they can do.

Sir Superwhiner...I take it you wont like subs either when they enter the game this year.

Well, if you're a fan of facerolls, this is THE game for you.  I'm happy for ya.