You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Whiskey_Rebel

How did I do this?

9 comments in this topic

Members
224 posts
1,809 battles

In my K-berg last night I drew a tier 5 game and immediately ended up facing off against an Omaha. We traded shots from range, when I suddenly got a devastating strike, and he was deleted. I'm just not sure how.

I was using HE, got no citadels, and did not detonate him. From what I can see from watching the replay (attached), 1 (maaaybe 2) of a 6-shot salvo hit him (I was firing too close to the bow for my Z turret to see) in the killing strike. I got a Dev Strike achievement, nothing else.

What am I missing?

20190701_190530_PGSC105-Konigsberg_17_NA_fault_line.wowsreplay

[WOLF5]
Members
3,414 posts
3,587 battles
49 minutes ago, Whiskey_Rebel said:

In my K-berg last night I drew a tier 5 game and immediately ended up facing off against an Omaha. We traded shots from range, when I suddenly got a devastating strike, and he was deleted. I'm just not sure how.

I was using HE, got no citadels, and did not detonate him. From what I can see from watching the replay (attached), 1 (maaaybe 2) of a 6-shot salvo hit him (I was firing too close to the bow for my Z turret to see) in the killing strike. I got a Dev Strike achievement, nothing else.

What am I missing?

Had to be a detonation. HE against the paper Omaha armor makes it more likely. Also, if the K-berg gets 1/4 pen (I forget if it does) that also helps. Unfortunate for him, hilarious for you.

[A-O]
Members
878 posts
9,269 battles
50 minutes ago, Whiskey_Rebel said:

What am I missing?

My guess, that Omaha was on a C-Hull. You look at it funny and it blows up.

I had so much trouble with that ship until some friendly soul in here suggested to revert back to B-hull.

I get along with Omaha just fine now.

Members
224 posts
1,809 battles
50 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Had to be a detonation. 

Ah. It just occurred to me that the Detonation achievement is given to the victim, not the player inflicting the detonation. So I got a Dev Strike and he got a Detonation. 

[CUTEZ]
-Members-
1,642 posts
1,170 battles
47 minutes ago, Whiskey_Rebel said:

Ah. It just occurred to me that the Detonation achievement is given to the victim, not the player inflicting the detonation. So I got a Dev Strike and he got a Detonation. 

Hey Whiskey_Rebel,

That is what it looks like to me, you got the dev strike and he got the detonation. How are you liking the Konigsberg so far? 

Members
224 posts
1,809 battles
4 minutes ago, Kami said:

Hey Whiskey_Rebel,

That is what it looks like to me, you got the dev strike and he got the detonation. How are you liking the Konigsberg so far? 

Great! High RoF, long-ranged, and accurate. Pretty good maneuverability. HE spammer that doesn't need IFHE. Fragile, but you can't have everything.

I would have played it sooner, but the A-YZ turret arrangement seemed awkward. Then I realized that the rear turrets have a 360-degree spin. 

[CUTEZ]
-Members-
1,642 posts
1,170 battles
Just now, Whiskey_Rebel said:

Great! High RoF, long-ranged, and accurate. Pretty good maneuverability. HE spammer that doesn't need IFHE. Fragile, but you can't have everything.

I would have played it sooner, but the A-YZ turret arrangement seemed awkward. Then I realized that the rear turrets have a 360-degree spin. 

Awesome, glad to hear you are enjoying the Konigsberg, you should like the Nurnberg as well then.

The Yorck is where it starts getting to be a slightly different playstyle but personally I love the Yorck =). 

Good luck on your grind up the German cruiser line!

[RLGN]
Members
13,300 posts
23,198 battles
12 hours ago, Kami said:

Awesome, glad to hear you are enjoying the Konigsberg, you should like the Nurnberg as well then.

Don’t forget the Makarovburg. :Smile_hiding:

(Also Roon. And as long as one isn’t judgmental, Myogi.)

Edited by Estimated_Prophet