Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IfYouSeeKhaos

Here's hoping for a delay of update 8.6 & an extension of the mission to get 48 dailies done.

16 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
4,579 posts
22,432 battles

Had to got out of town for 2 days & now I'll be short for getting those 100 tokens...I'm willing to let go of 1500 doubs to buy 15 extra tokens if needed but having to spend 4500 to get 60 is just a drag considering I only missed 2 days.

I'll be able to get in the top 5% for those 15 extra but that will still leave me about 45 short considering I also missed the single ones for doing the dailies those days...hopefully there's either an extension or some other ways to get some tokens show up before it's all over.

Was really looking forward to a T9 DD w/double racks of torps on each side...was majorly bummed to come back after only 2 days to realize I will probably miss out for just missing those 2 days :-(

[RLGN]
Members
13,228 posts
23,147 battles

Don’t let it bother you.

If a recent post and poll on EU is to be believed, over half of the player base is ignoring the event anyway.

• Confused 1

[PVE]
Members
4,579 posts
22,432 battles
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Don’t let it bother you.

If a recent post and poll on EU is to be believed, over half of the player base is ignoring the event anyway.

I stated in the OP that I would like the Benham...not getting the relevance of a poll in the EU or whether every other player playing (on all the other servers together) is ignoring it (or not) in regards to that.

[KWF]
Members
3,923 posts
5,894 battles

Provided Benham isn't broken economy or performance wise, I can bet she will be available at a later date for some resource. Right now I would say it's more of an "early access" thing.

As for the grind itself, did you take into account the Hill missions? Provided you grind it out asap you can compensate some of the fuel tokens lost.

[FERAL]
Members
81 posts
4,328 battles

I can't possibly spend enough time grinding for the Benham. Hopeful for the Hill, primarily because it is a free ship, but not sure I can finish that grind either.  I am really enjoying the Elite Commander XP from Savage Battles. Only 14K more (have about 850K elite commander XP) and I can use it to complete my first 19pt captain without using any free XP.  I have enjoyed the special events because of the elite XP - without them I would never be able to get a 19pt captain without spending real cash for XP conversion to free XP.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,706 posts
9,013 battles

The Benham grind is specifically designed to make you choose between staying at the game every day during summer holidays or spending money, with the added kick of having whales spend even more money per tier then ever before if they wanted it without doing anything at all.

[RLGN]
Members
13,228 posts
23,147 battles
5 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I stated in the OP that I would like the Benham...not getting the relevance of a poll in the EU or whether every other player playing (on all the other servers together) is ignoring it (or not) in regards to that.

The relevance of the poll (on EU, or any server,) being that if so many are ignoring the event, OP shouldn’t obsess over completing it.

In any case; the fewer participants and completions the better. Hell might freeze over first, but WG might actually realize how stupid such a grindy event was and not do something similar again.

This kind of ‘unicums and obsessives only need apply’ grinding event idiocy is part of what I think ruined Tanks, and I don’t want to see it in Warships.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
typos
  • Cool 3

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,121 posts
51 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

This kind of ‘unicums and obsessive only need apply’ grindingo event idiocy is part of what I think ruined Tanks, and I don’t want to see it in Warships.

There's a thread on Reddit along the same lines... I'd put the full link but it has a number of obscenities in it which of course is verboten here. 

event_fatigue_so_about_those_events_of_the_last/

Edited by Herr_Reitz

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,477 posts

If you buy the hill, you will get its daily token missions, when you then earn the Hill through the game, you will get its value back in doubloons.  Dont know how much this helps you but thought I would mention it.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,402 posts
7 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Don’t let it bother you.

It's clear from the numbers that pretty much everyone is ignoring the event. On all the servers.

Spoiler

mBxCpHY.png

GWib3pY.png

oQTC9sa.png

• Confused 1

[PVE]
Members
4,579 posts
22,432 battles
10 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

Provided Benham isn't broken economy or performance wise, I can bet she will be available at a later date for some resource. Right now I would say it's more of an "early access" thing.

As for the grind itself, did you take into account the Hill missions? Provided you grind it out asap you can compensate some of the fuel tokens lost.

Unfortunately the Hill missions will end on the 15th (despite the fact it doesn't actually have the date listed on the challenge). Those benefits are only for those that purchase the Hill & disappear at the same time the last set of directives to earn the Hill show up.

That's what happened last time...although right now I forget what ship it was...think it was during the RN event though.

4 hours ago, Burnsy said:

If you buy the hill, you will get its daily token missions, when you then earn the Hill through the game, you will get its value back in doubloons.  Dont know how much this helps you but thought I would mention it.

Unfortunately don't have any real world $ to spend on the game. Only doubloons I have to purchase containers with are ones that I have scraped & scavenged through free in game stuff & they were a long time to earn so don't want to have to spend so many of them...but I probably will because double racks of torps on each side in a high tier DD is kinda OP.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
10,900 posts
14,922 battles

Yeah the 48 dailies are probably not realistic for me. There are a few week nights that I just do not have the time to play 6 battles. I was able to purchase the hill so I think if my math is correct that should get me close enough.

Members
133 posts
2,422 battles

I like the mode and find it a blast. I don't mind being forced to play it. I hate the daily 48/50 limit. I think 40/50 would have been better or reduce the price of the ship to 750.

[PVE]
Members
4,579 posts
22,432 battles
8 minutes ago, Bereavement said:

I like the mode and find it a blast. I don't mind being forced to play it. I hate the daily 48/50 limit. I think 40/50 would have been better or reduce the price of the ship to 750.

Due to the potential OPness of the Benham I'll actually be glad that there will not be a flood of them while in my BBs that's for sure so I'm not upset that they made the grind as hard as it is but I just got done moving & was distracted w/too much IRL stuff to spend the time to pay enough attention to the details of the event (or that 1 mission in particular anyway) & when I was asked to go out pf town for a job this weekend I didn't realize I needed to at least log in each day to get the 1st set of dailies done to still be good so I blew it.

Due to all the CV "balancing" still going on just hoping something happens to delay the next update & them to give us just 1 more day (#fingerscrossed...lol). If not I'll be wasting some doubs.

[--K--]
Members
6,370 posts
14,028 battles

I love how the upcoming clan battles season is more relaxed, fewer people needed etc, for the express reason of it being summer and not as many people around and available and that WG understands that. And then a week later they throw this event with these requirements in the middle of summer... 

Disingenuous much, wg?? 

Edited by Ducky_shot

[O-PN]
Members
2,571 posts
5,611 battles

Better the reward, the rougher the grind.  WG only does AA in easy mode, and that's because it's too much work to actually make it PvP.

Sign in to follow this