Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Omega_gunner

Sync drops

21 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
50 posts

There are 4 teams of 3 people each....the fact that people decided to division up with their clanmates for the 3 people on their team is fine. 

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,924 posts
7,591 battles
37 minutes ago, Hemophilia said:

There are 4 teams of 3 people each....the fact that people decided to division up with their clanmates for the 3 people on their team is fine. 

Pretty sure he's referring to people in clans making multiple divisions and then sync dropping, so that the clan will have 2 or 3 divisions in the same battle.  They get on comms and take out the other teams first.  

Given the insane grindy-ness of this event, I honestly don't have a problem gaming the mode to maximize chances of getting a ship.  I'm not even bothering since I won't have even close enough time to get the Benham for free and not spending money on crates and encourage more huge grinds like this one. 

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
106 posts

Stop crying about sync dropping. Its a great aspect. Many times the clans are enjoying killing each other. Find a clan to sync drop with and go have fun. Some of the most fun ive had in the game in a long time is sync dropping into this event then fighting clanmates. Its not like a match takes a long time or you have to buy a new ship if it gets destroyed.

  • Cool 3
  • Boring 3
  • Angry 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,121
[PVE]
Members
4,681 posts
22,432 battles
1 hour ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

They get on comms and take out the other teams first. 

You can only be on comms w/the ones you are divved with...both of the divs aren't on comms together just because they are in the same clan...fortunately it doesn't work that way.

But they definitely can avoid fighting each other to gang up on the other players & make (pretty) sure that just 1 of them gets the win.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,924 posts
7,591 battles
4 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

You can only be on comms w/the ones you are divved with

I don't think you understand what sync dropping is. As an example, 9 people are in a clan and form 3x divisions of three players each. All of those clan members are in the same discord voice channel. After all 9 players are ready, you countdown and all 3 divisions hit the battle button at the same time. This greatly increases the chances that 2 or 3 of those divisions will be in the same game... and all on the same comms. They cooperate to take out the other teams first, and then finish out the battle amongst themselves... either derping against each other or cooperating so that specific teammates get the highest rewards. 

Sync dropping in randoms means you could end up on opposite teams which minimizes advantages, but with the way this event is with 4 teams you get a much greater advantage. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,121
[PVE]
Members
4,681 posts
22,432 battles

I know what sync dropping is...but you must be mistaken about this:

3 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

All of those clan members are in the same discord voice channel

Are you saying that they can be in voice chat on discord in separate divisions while in battle? That doesn't sound right.

If so they could sync drop on different teams in random & ranked & be able to tell each other where their teammates are at...I don't think it works that way. I sure as hell [edited]hope it doesn't work that way.

I know they can do that in clan battles w/7 members on the same team & know they can do it in 3 man divs but I don't think members of different divs can comm w/each other in battle...even if they are in the same clan on discord.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,924 posts
7,591 battles
19 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I know what sync dropping is...

I don't think you do. 

19 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Are you saying that they can be in voice chat on discord in separate divisions while in battle? That doesn't sound right.

If so they could sync drop on different teams in random & ranked & be able to tell each other where their teammates are at...I don't think it works that way. I sure as hell [edited]hope it doesn't work that way.

Yes that's exactly how it works.  People in div's can be in the same discord channel.  By div'ing up and hitting Battle at the same time, that coordination maximizes the chances of those divisions (in the same comms) being in the same game. That's the point. In savage battles, that means that 1/2 or 3/4 of the players can be in the same battle on comms, coordinating amongst themselves. 

Yes sync dropping in randoms means if you're on opposite teams you can communicate on comms where teammates are. While it may be "immoral",  it's not specifically against the rules because MM doesn't prevent multiple divs from the same clan being in the same battle, and there's no way to programmaticly prevent those divs from being on the same comms.  

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
106 posts

most often most clans wont announce where the ships are on the other team unless a person is being a complete jack as$. Does it happen? Im sure it does. But its a low percentage of times that it happens.

Edited by Ksetuni

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
106 posts
1 hour ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

You can only be on comms w/the ones you are divved with...both of the divs aren't on comms together just because they are in the same clan...fortunately it doesn't work that way.

But they definitely can avoid fighting each other to gang up on the other players & make (pretty) sure that just 1 of them gets the win.

For someone with 21500 battles you are CLUELESS on basics. Most clans use discord or TS and dont rely on in game comms. Hell most of the time we arent even in game when talking together.

Edited by Ksetuni
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
50 posts
5 hours ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Pretty sure he's referring to people in clans making multiple divisions and then sync dropping, so that the clan will have 2 or 3 divisions in the same battle.  They get on comms and take out the other teams first.  

 

When I commented, the op had posted a picture (which they've removed now) with different clans in each team (some with a random) and complaining of 9 vs 3. Think the op changed the title of the post later as well.  Otherwise I understand their complaint. 

Edited by Hemophilia
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,461
[NG-NL]
Members
6,142 posts
9,801 battles
7 hours ago, Omega_gunner said:

In savage battles is [edited]

 

Sync drop violates no rules except maybe gentlemen's dueling customs--and this isn't a duel sim. Besides, blasting teammates is one of the best feelings in entertainment!

It's only events like Corgi that yes, sync drop is strictly forbidden.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,121
[PVE]
Members
4,681 posts
22,432 battles
12 hours ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

I don't think you do. 

Yes I do...& I have for about a week after I 1st started playing. You don't have to be on discord to sync drop...sync dropping is just sync dropping & being on discord isn't part of the description...but I surely wasn't aware that discord worked that way...which is odd because I was a helper in the Masquerado (sp?) event...but I don't even use a mike when I play so I just had the discord up while playing so I could here the notification beeps when somebody asked a question so I would know to look at the comments in case somebody had questions.

I did have headphones on & I didn't hear any comms from anybody while in battle though...I guess you need to have certain setting on for that which is why I didn't realize it.

 

12 hours ago, Ksetuni said:

For someone with 21500 battles you are CLUELESS on basics

Discord is only "basics" to those that use them...I don't so it's not in the "basics" category & the number of games I've played is pretty irrelevant to that...but I gotta say this comment of yours is disturbing:

11 hours ago, Ksetuni said:

Very rarely do they give out enemy positions unless the person deserves it.

Surely could use some examples of where you believe cheating is acceptable under the "deserves it" category (although I can definitely see the allure when somebody is F-key spamming but as long as they aren't TKing & are shooting at the reds even then I can't see it as being a legitimate excuse).

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,252 posts
1,286 battles
14 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I know what sync dropping is...but you must be mistaken about this:

Are you saying that they can be in voice chat on discord in separate divisions while in battle? That doesn't sound right.

If so they could sync drop on different teams in random & ranked & be able to tell each other where their teammates are at...I don't think it works that way. I sure as hell [edited]hope it doesn't work that way.

I know they can do that in clan battles w/7 members on the same team & know they can do it in 3 man divs but I don't think members of different divs can comm w/each other in battle...even if they are in the same clan on discord.

dude, you have no idea what you're talking about. Discord is comms app like teamspeak. You can be in the same voice channel as anybody. Discord doesn't know what div you're in in a specific game, nor would it care. You can be in the same voice channels as anybody who joins it, whether they're in the same division, battle or not.  You admit you don't use discord and don't know the basics of it, so why are you even making these posts about how it works?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,121
[PVE]
Members
4,681 posts
22,432 battles
4 hours ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

dude, you have no idea what you're talking about. Discord is comms app like teamspeak. You can be in the same voice channel as anybody. Discord doesn't know what div you're in in a specific game, nor would it care. You can be in the same voice channels as anybody who joins it, whether they're in the same division, battle or not.  You admit you don't use discord and don't know the basics of it, so why are you even making these posts about how it works?

It was already pointed out & I already acknowledged that I was wrong but thanx for reading all the posts in the thread before commenting...or thanx for maybe doing that next time as you missed the boat this time.

But have a nice day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
263 posts
2,082 battles

Rogue Wave battles are fun. They aren't about winning. The rewards don't appear to be adjusted as heavily for victory as in other game modes and the games don't update your stats. Let go of winning as a goal, have fun, inflict as much carnage as you can, and reap all that marvelous elite commander XP! The one star ships also print credits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
106 posts
16 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Yes I do...& I have for about a week after I 1st started playing. You don't have to be on discord to sync drop...sync dropping is just sync dropping & being on discord isn't part of the description...but I surely wasn't aware that discord worked that way...which is odd because I was a helper in the Masquerado (sp?) event...but I don't even use a mike when I play so I just had the discord up while playing so I could here the notification beeps when somebody asked a question so I would know to look at the comments in case somebody had questions.

I did have headphones on & I didn't hear any comms from anybody while in battle though...I guess you need to have certain setting on for that which is why I didn't realize it.

 

Discord is only "basics" to those that use them...I don't so it's not in the "basics" category & the number of games I've played is pretty irrelevant to that...but I gotta say this comment of yours is disturbing:

Surely could use some examples of where you believe cheating is acceptable under the "deserves it" category (although I can definitely see the allure when somebody is F-key spamming but as long as they aren't TKing & are shooting at the reds even then I can't see it as being a legitimate excuse).

Darn dude you really need to get a clue and a grip. Sorry you find my comments so "disturbing" you really should get out more if thats disturbing. You are oblivious to how basic voice comms work. Its absurd and I suggest you may want to go back to offline games. How are you even in a clan if you dont understand basic voice comms concepts? Then you have the gall to snip at people pointing out how clueless you are? Grow up kid.

How the hell do you have 21k+ battles and not even grasp basic concepts of gaming? What cave have you lived in all these years?

Also most wont run in game voice comms. They are  a joke and I personally want to control who im on comms with. Its bad enough dealing with pubs in game, but to be on comms with many of these idiots would be impossible to handle. Its a feature that most if not 99.9% wont or dont run.

There are plenty of times when announcing where someone is is acceptable. If they are spamming quick chat or the map (thankfully aslains lets us turn that crap off since the devs here wont listen to the community regarding it) are acting as an as s  in chat, shooting at teammates or otherwise harassing them. These are but a few examples. 

Sync dropping is here to stay as it should be. It adds a measure of fun for clans since they limit divs to 3 people.

Edited by Ksetuni

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
288
[LOSC]
Members
535 posts

Back when World of Tanks began our Group would Sync drop in and have about 5-6 players per side.

This was Done using TeamSpeak and within TS you can have a commander channel that lets you talk to

everyone in a section or individual squads so once we knew which side we were on an Admin would just fix it so that side only heard 

each other. They could manually click back in our sub channel and harass us if wanted.

We did have one rule of several that said if dead no talking until match was over.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,121
[PVE]
Members
4,681 posts
22,432 battles
6 hours ago, Halli_SPARTA said:

Back when World of Tanks began our Group would Sync drop in and have about 5-6 players per side.

This was Done using TeamSpeak and within TS you can have a commander channel that lets you talk to

everyone in a section or individual squads so once we knew which side we were on an Admin would just fix it so that side only heard 

each other. They could manually click back in our sub channel and harass us if wanted.

We did have one rule of several that said if dead no talking until match was over.

 

07 to you & your clan...it's a shame dipshits like this:

6 hours ago, Ksetuni said:

There are plenty of times when announcing where someone is is acceptable.

exist in gaming.

(They're also probably the ones that stat shame others w/no consideration to the fact that if they needed to cheat to get the stats they have they're not really accurate stats that reflect any real skill base but just the ability to "game" the system w/their friends).

 

Guess I'm glad I don't have:

6 hours ago, Ksetuni said:

a clue and a grip.

My stats suck...but at least they were earned legitimately.

 

Also dipshit...did you happen to notice which clan I'm in? Talk about clueless to make a statement like:

6 hours ago, Ksetuni said:

How are you even in a clan if you dont understand basic voice comms concepts?

to somebody that is in a clan that is specifically dedicated to not giving a crap about all the crap you're rambling on about as being so necessary in order to have:

6 hours ago, Ksetuni said:

a clue and a grip.

 

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
865
[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
3,793 posts
5,911 battles

*me winning a game against a synch dropping clan that had 7 players in the game and none of them on my team...*

 

I'll just be over here, playing chess.... or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×