You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SYST3M_OVERIDE

Yamato Gun Sounds

17 comments in this topic

[PENND]
Members
353 posts
6,539 battles

Is it just me or did her guns just get some more echo/metallic sounding with this patch. I'm noticing less squeaking.

[-KIA-]
Clan Supertest Coordinator, Supertester, Privateers, Volunteer Moderator Coordinator
6,478 posts
8,026 battles

Yamato gun sound didn't change

[PENND]
Members
353 posts
6,539 battles

I haven't changed anything in terms of in-game audio settings, system settings or updates relating to audio. I don't know if anyone remembers the way things sounded with update 0.8.1.0 but it's a lot like that. Then they fixed it in patch 0.8.1.1. First image is from 0.8.1.0 and the second is 0.8.1.1

Screenshot_20190702-001206.png

Screenshot_20190702-001131.png

Edited by SYST3M_OVERIDE

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
5,489 posts
17,063 battles
13 hours ago, SYST3M_OVERIDE said:

I'm noticing less squeaking.

Better mouse traps.

[PENND]
Members
353 posts
6,539 battles
3 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Better mouse traps.

Eh not quite sure about that. I seem to never run out of 1460 kg mice to shoot.

• Funny 1

[-NOS-]
Members
1,223 posts
21,150 battles

you need to feed the hamsters running inside those 18" barrels, they were probably starving and gnawing on the turrets making those metallic sound.

[PENND]
Members
353 posts
6,539 battles

I want to know if anyone else has noticed this or not. Firing guns in quick succession, the gun sounds used to overlap each other. Now the sounds cancel out the previous gun sound. This only seems to happen when not in binocular view. Let me know if it's just me.

[CUTEZ]
-Members-
1,642 posts
1,170 battles
28 minutes ago, SYST3M_OVERIDE said:

I want to know if anyone else has noticed this or not. Firing guns in quick succession, the gun sounds used to overlap each other. Now the sounds cancel out the previous gun sound. This only seems to happen when not in binocular view. Let me know if it's just me.

Hey Captain,

There has been no change to the Yamato's gunsounds as far as I am aware of. I do play the ship quite a bit so next time I play it, I will pay particularly close attention to this. 

[PENND]
Members
353 posts
6,539 battles
18 minutes ago, Kami said:

Hey Captain,

There has been no change to the Yamato's gunsounds as far as I am aware of. I do play the ship quite a bit so next time I play it, I will pay particularly close attention to this. 

Thank you. It is more noticeable on a ship that fires fast like a DD. I just first noticed it on Yamato

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,031 posts
17,620 battles
1 hour ago, SYST3M_OVERIDE said:

This came in when they changed the ripple fire delay to be shorter. Not sure if it’s a bug or an audio illusion.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
3,998 posts
13,708 battles

The Yamato/Musashi cannon fire sound is the coolest sound effect for cannon fire in the game imo

[BROOK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,118 posts
9 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Montana sounds like she's firing into water. 

Because I guess just copying the sounds of ships firing from archival footage is too hard?

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,145 posts
1 minute ago, TornadoADV said:

Because I guess just copying the sounds of ships firing from archival footage is too hard?

Probably... it is an interesting thought though... since they want uniqueness across guns/ships, no doubt they must massage the poodoo out of one, maybe two different sounds. Wonder if they have a review team of 24 ears listen to every sound to ensure perfection? 

8o0I.gif

Probably not... probably more...

giphy.gif

[PENND]
Members
353 posts
6,539 battles

So I sent a replay to WG of the firing sound problem and the response I got feels like they're just saying deal with it. Anyone else get the same vibe?

Screenshot_20190703-115345.png