You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Blue_Darter

Savage Battle opinions.

51 comments in this topic

[JTF67]
Members
106 posts
9,356 battles

Curious to know what folks think about this game mode. I've played a dozen or so battles, and frankly, it isn't for me.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

Its ok,    short term change of pace or as special event,   no biggy.    directives are fairly easy to fulfill and chance to get t9   DD is cool.      it is faster paced and require slightly different play as well as good situation awareness.    good practice for that actually as well as dodging torps. 

• Cool 2

[--K--]
Members
6,378 posts
14,037 battles

I have only played savage battles since Thursday. I played a couple random today.. And wow are the ships in random slow and sluggish and junk!!! 

Took some getting used to playing dds at half the speed lol

• Cool 1

[CWM]
Members
565 posts
4,961 battles

Ground out all three tier two ships then a little bit more on the tier two ships. Stopped to work on the non savage battle directives. Was waiting for the next set but I won’t be playing today due to work interference. 

Members
233 posts
6,008 battles

I find the mode fun with friends. Also I think this is their way of showing that dynamic environment effect to everyone

[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
3,793 posts
5,911 battles
8 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

I have only played savage battles since Thursday. I played a couple random today.. And wow are the ships in random slow and sluggish and junk!!! 

Going from the speed-flag'd Stealthnado back to the Gearing was a .... weird experience.

[LUCK]
Members
1,765 posts
27,513 battles
15 minutes ago, Blue_Darter said:

Curious to know what folks think about this game mode. I've played a dozen or so battles, and frankly, it isn't for me.

I think its strictly for room temperature IQ players.

• Boring 2
  • Angry 1

[SOFOP]
Members
2,073 posts
12,709 battles

Going from the special mode to normal is brutal.  Ships seem soooooooo slow.

That said, I think it would be interesting if they expanded this idea to the normal game...a "fast battle" mode so to speak.  Everything is twice as fast and reloads in half the time.  BB normally does 30 knots, now does 60, etc.  Could be fun.  At the very least expand it to other ship types instead of always DDs 

• Boring 1

[DAS]
Members
906 posts
7,084 battles

I think I like it, but I also like DDs in general.

However, I feel like the ships are very similar so it doesn't really matter which one you take out. Also, the amount of torpedoes in the water at the same time can be just crazy.

I do hate that I won't be able to get the Benham. I am going on vacation in 2 days and I just don't want to spend that kind of money.

Members
1,163 posts
8,654 battles
1 hour ago, Ducky_shot said:

This right here been playing since Thursday myself. I am scared that when I return to my shimmy I will messed up about my speeds and hit the accelerator right off the bat.

Mind you if they gave us these ships in random I doubt carriers could hit us- would be fun spotting/hunting a carrier 1 minute into the game lol and killing one should give us a heal in randoms.:cap_popcorn:

At least capping knife fights would be fun again.

Edited by Chain_shot

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,821 posts
13,602 battles

It can be fun but if you are not going for the DD you are wasting your time better spent elsewhere.

Members
231 posts
79 battles

It's a lot of fun, but it can raise the stress level a bit.  Some battles get pretty intense with all the situational awareness going on.  It's a combination of edge-of-your seat excitement that adds a nice element of thrill random battles don't give you, with a not-so-pleasant level of anxiety that comes from taxing your brain and eyes so heavily.  I've never been a FPS gamer because all the quick movements put a lot of stress on my visual system and it gets exhausting.  I have a hereditary eye condition that I had to go through 6 months of vision therapy to fix just so I could read a couple pages of a book and not fall asleep for two hours.  

[ROEE]
Members
2 posts
238 battles

Im having a problem. I only have 50 games in. My friends can all play Savage Battle. But it does not appear to me on my main screen. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, Verified. I only have Coop/Random,Aegis for missions. Am I missing something? 

Signed,,,

Lost At Sea  

JRShreds

[WAG]
Members
859 posts
12,238 battles
7 hours ago, JRShreds said:

Im having a problem. I only have 50 games in. My friends can all play Savage Battle. But it does not appear to me on my main screen. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, Verified. I only have Coop/Random,Aegis for missions. Am I missing something? 

"Savage Battle

All players who have unlocked access to combat missions and challenges in their Service Record can participate in Savage Battles. Newcomers in World of Warships will need to play 70 battles in any available game mode to unlock this."

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/rogue-wave/

[AK]
Members
298 posts
9,314 battles

It's okay. Like the torpedo beat mode earlier this year. There's a bit of skill and luck to it. I've been making a lot of money off the two star boats. 

Most of my issues are aesthetic. There's one map and one song. Both get very boring very fast. Two or three maps would've been nice, and a handful of different songs so you weren't listening to the same thing over and over. Personally, I could also do with a bit less junk in the map.

[PVE]
Members
3,672 posts
15,633 battles

I tried it and since I'm not 10 to 14 years old, it's just terrible....  Not what I loaded this game to do.  Sorry, you asked and there you go.  It's just a kiddie arcade FFA for the kids out of school.  And, the future of our host's e-Commerce move into portable devices and e-Spending gimmicks....   History will be driven out and arcade crap will replace it.   Ask the Carrier drivers today what they think about the update 8.0 sales gimmick?????  We'll see a lot more *** in the future (we can't talk about that in the forums it seems or we'll get banned).  Enjoy what you can because I'm not sure how long this trend will last.......

• Funny 1

[H_]
Members
744 posts
11,514 battles

It's "torpedo beats" all over again with different maps, ships, etc.. same thing maybe a tad bit slower then that was.. only reason I'm doing it is to get more elite commander XP, i'll never get enough done to get the Benham and not really worried about it..

Getting kind of old with all these different Tokens and coal, steel, etc. etc..   

[WOLF2]
Members
1,586 posts
10,133 battles
12 hours ago, centarina said:

Its ok,    short term change of pace or as special event,   no biggy.    directives are fairly easy to fulfill and chance to get t9   DD is cool.      it is faster paced and require slightly different play as well as good situation awareness.    good practice for that actually as well as dodging torps. 

For most of the time in this game, I've always had some issue with judging the trajectory of the torps.    The space battles and savage battles have helped tremendously.   Although the torp speeds in these modes are crazy fast, it's translated into much better torp avoidance in randoms.

But I seem to be going for a Notser record in savage battles.   I tend to ground myself at least once per round.  :Smile_veryhappy:

[WOLFC]
Members
2,588 posts
14,062 battles

I played Space Battles mainly for the ECXP ... and have since started getting 19 point captains.  That was my only incentive ... and I was rewarded. Thanks!

I tried this version in PTS  about 3 times and found nothing more to attract me to the arcade style ... it's just not the reason I started playing WOWS.  I have nothing against it as a special event ... other than I still think it may distract/divert resources from improving/fixing the base game. 

On a positive note, I'm sure it channels a lot of the "hyperactive crowd" away from the regular modes. :cap_cool:

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
12,721 posts

From what I've seen in videos, I'm not even going to try it.  Cartoon YOLO mode that makes me worry for the future of WOWS, the same way some of the other special event modes have... makes me wonder if this is what WG wants or thinks players want. 

• Cool 2

[ANKER]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
547 posts
12,051 battles

Have all ships currently and have played a ton of battles. Normally I do not play much of the off brand ships but this time I was motivated by the rewards. I have already completed both economy missions for savage battles. Did that in 2 days worth of playing. The game mode has provided a much needed stress relief and is a fast paced. I have to say I enjoy the limits and the 3 classes of ships. I am having fun losing and winning. There is that added element of surprise and things getting out of hand fast when you engage more than one team. To be able to out maneuver  so many enemies and live to combat the multitudes has upped my game play to a new level. It makes me appreciate the normal game mode more. So overall I like it a lot.  

• Cool 1