You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Wows_Nightly_News

The WNN joke I'm disapointed eveyone missed/ Canada day

16 comments in this topic

Members
1,697 posts
8,726 battles

Well for my last Canada day post, I thought I would call attention to the comic strip gag I'm most disappointed nobody noticed. I even made the syntax awkward to accommodate it!

image.png.0f4aba3c8623488c512e0811c4393c9f.png

4.thumb.jpg.190484f25fe95fdc424d353931fc38da.jpg.56af739db828e825a98cf418793cb320.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.190484f25fe95fdc424d353931fc38da.jpg.dc7980b23e754c4db5c1527af06d0282.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.190484f25fe95fdc424d353931fc38da.jpg.36ca82ff306f4814368654e9be8acf69.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.190484f25fe95fdc424d353931fc38da.jpg.21efa63a62a3573c9cbdfa51ee93e279.jpg

A happy Canada to all and to all a goodnight!

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2

[--K--]
Members
6,386 posts
14,047 battles

I still don't see it

:fish_palm:

Edited by Ducky_shot

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,452 posts

The Toronto Blue Jays were decked out in red for Canada Day and the Royals were sporting the Canadian flag. Even the Blue Jay was red, which makes me wonder what those mad Canadian scientists are up to. 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,129 posts

Gosh that's deep for me... I actually went and looked up the holiday though... and it is not, contrary to what people say, similar to our July 4th. 

We fought some damn bloody battles to get rid of the English. It seems Canada on this day in 18 something something formed an organization involving a few folks up north. :-) 

So folks saying it's like the 4th are a bit off, yes? (If I read the canada wiki correctly.)

Are you referencing the English (Euro) spelling of color as a clue for us weaker minds? 

Members
1,697 posts
8,726 battles
16 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Are you referencing the English (Euro) spelling of color as a clue for us weaker minds? 

Not really a clue... that's the whole joke.

Okay it wasn't a very funny gag to have the Canadian ship's dialogue spelled in the one British-Canadian style word I know of, but I was still disappointed nobody noticed it. 

• Funny 1

Members
4,209 posts
9,647 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

The Toronto Blue Jays were decked out in red for Canada Day and the Royals were sporting the Canadian flag.

The thing I love about *Canada Day*--which you can take anyway you wish; i have my own based upon actual history but nm--The thing I love about *Canada Day*, unlike a close neighbour I won't identify, is that we are not out waving the goddamn flag. In fact I didn't see ONE today riding around on my bike. Up here to go out and raise the flag everyday. seriously you would be taken in for a sanity check. Hey you want to do that shite head back across the border. You know? Number 1, bringing democracy to the world! With us or against us! Ho low they have fallen and wasn't it a long way down.

And I know many down there feel as I do and you have my real compassion caught up in that.

I just realised this will likely be blocked so enjoy it while you can.

Happy Canada Day... no drones, no undeclared wars, no F*x propaganda. God Bless the Beaver.

• Boring 1

Members
4,209 posts
9,647 battles
2 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Oh... Canada?

Well I sort of agree as I have my own little troll family that follows me around as I post, punching in BAD! or ANGRY! whatever. They don't see the irony of it. ;)

Members
4,209 posts
9,647 battles
3 minutes ago, Wows_Nightly_News said:

...yet.

Fair.

Are we really going to do "double taps" on one of the top five romantic restaurants in Waziristan?

Edited by Stauffenberg44

Members
1,697 posts
8,726 battles
Just now, Stauffenberg44 said:

Fair.

Are we really going to do "double strikes" on one of the top five romantic restaurants in Waziristan?

It sounds like no... But my point is not to knock a technology even if you aren't super okay with how its used.

Sorry when people have a super viseral reaction to the use of drones, even in civilian applications, it just kinda gets to me you know?

[WOLF3]
Members
2,135 posts
4,427 battles

Withdrawn. :cap_wander:

Edited by xalmgrey

[POP]
Members
1,566 posts
20,553 battles
54 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

The thing I love about *Canada Day*--which you can take anyway you wish; i have my own based upon actual history but nm--The thing I love about *Canada Day*, unlike a close neighbour I won't identify, is that we are not out waving the goddamn flag. In fact I didn't see ONE today riding around on my bike. Up here to go out and raise the flag everyday. seriously you would be taken in for a sanity check. Hey you want to do that shite head back across the border. You know? Number 1, bringing democracy to the world! With us or against us! Ho low they have fallen and wasn't it a long way down.

And I know many down there feel as I do and you have my real compassion caught up in that.

I just realised this will likely be blocked so enjoy it while you can.

Happy Canada Day... no drones, no undeclared wars, no F*x propaganda. God Bless the Beaver.

I see that high maple syrup consumption has an LSD like effect. Enjoy your day and thanks for being my hat :)

• Funny 1