You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Nembrot

So I got my stock Midway...

28 comments in this topic

[QSS]
Members
16 posts
987 battles

Such happiness, such joy, I shall finally be able to not die on approach, so much damage I shall deal, so much, so much, ohh my heart was pumping all that joy into my brain. I simply had to play it now and have that moment, that precious moment when the world stops moving and I will just exhale with the ultimate... disappointment... wait? what? so well, I did the usual torp at start for scouting, dropped some torps on a DD, didn't hit, but little derp couldn't decide mine torps or our DD torps,  unfortunately for him opted for the latter, mine wouldn't even scratch him, but he was apparently living in the "OMG CV Cancer world" he was scared shitless (or shitfull, hmm?) anyway some of my torp bombers were even returning, some I mean like 2 out of 8, but I was ready for that, after all they replenish soo fast, it'll be like a blink of an eye. I jumped onto rockets, speed was evidently what I needed the most, aimed for another DD, ok I knew there was a ship or two close to him, but behind an island, so I figured I'll burn him and fly away like nothing, well I burned him sure, got his engine and I could quickly jump into bombers, there was no returning planes there. Bombers are such a joy to fly, it's nothing that you don't even see your target through all the black clouds out there, I dropped my bombs did some damage even and went back to my carrier. From that point it was easy,  since my squadron were like empty, I could spot, just not too close or I would quickly join the rest of my planes.

We won.

I did 25k damage.

I was like 6th on XP rank (!)

I earned 16000 silver.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,983 posts
5,508 battles
6 minutes ago, Nembrot said:

Such happiness, such joy, I shall finally be able to not die on approach, so much damage I shall deal, so much, so much, ohh my heart was pumping all that joy into my brain. I simply had to play it now and have that moment, that precious moment when the world stops moving and I will just exhale with the ultimate... disappointment... wait? what? so well, I did the usual torp at start for scouting, dropped some torps on a DD, didn't hit, but little derp couldn't decide mine torps or our DD torps,  unfortunately for him opted for the latter, mine wouldn't even scratch him, but he was apparently living in the "OMG CV Cancer world" he was scared shitless (or shitfull, hmm?) anyway some of my torp bombers were even returning, some I mean like 2 out of 8, but I was ready for that, after all they replenish soo fast, it'll be like a blink of an eye. I jumped onto rockets, speed was evidently what I needed the most, aimed for another DD, ok I knew there was a ship or two close to him, but behind an island, so I figured I'll burn him and fly away like nothing, well I burned him sure, got his engine and I could quickly jump into bombers, there was no returning planes there. Bombers are such a joy to fly, it's nothing that you don't even see your target through all the black clouds out there, I dropped my bombs did some damage even and went back to my carrier. From that point it was easy,  since my squadron were like empty, I could spot, just not too close or I would quickly join the rest of my planes.

We won.

I did 25k damage.

I earned 16000 silver.

Good lord you have picked a bad time to run a stock T10 CV..........    hope you are into sado masachism.....

[-BUI-]
Members
1,527 posts
4,748 battles
22 minutes ago, Nembrot said:

We won.

I did 25k damage.

I earned 16000 silver.

According to WG, you need to be fully upgraded & module'd, with a 19pt captain (with survivability expert) to be viable. 

Midway is sadly the worst T10 CV right now, by a lot.   You should have went IJN, Hak is much better.

Edited by Zenn3k
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,146 posts
7 minutes ago, Zenn3k said:

According to WG, you need to be fully upgraded & module'd, with a 19pt captain (with survivability expert) to be viable. 

Midway is sadly the worst T10 CV right now, by a lot.   You should have went IJN, Hak is much better.

You must have premium time and premium camo... or a metric tonne of signal flags to earn 16K coins on only 25K damage given. 

• Cool 1

[-BUI-]
Members
1,527 posts
4,748 battles
6 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

You must have premium time and premium camo... or a metric tonne of signal flags to earn 16K coins on only 25K damage given. 

You quoted the wrong person.

[SOV]
Members
4,263 posts
1 hour ago, Nembrot said:

We won.

I did 25k damage.

I earned 16000 silver.

All t10 CV feel pretty mehhh. Never give WG any money again! That is untill they buff the cv again, Appology for never binging up the game from the CV prospetive, and do somthing about the hive mind/hate train that wont stop.

Ranger was the best but not so sure now.

PS Midway torps are the same as Marblehead.

Edited by jags_domain

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,146 posts
48 minutes ago, Zenn3k said:

You quoted the wrong person.

Thanks... first time ever I think. GJ. 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,146 posts
8 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

All t10 CV feel pretty mehhh. Never give WG any money again! That is untill they buff the cv again, Appology for never binging up the game from the CV prospetive, and do somthing about the hive mind/hate train that wont stop.

Ranger was the best but not so sure now.

PS Midway torps are the same as Marblehead.

Your best carrier play is T6 and operations. You make coin, its easypeasy and fun. T6 randoms are okay too... but seriously - now don't laugh - if you want to play randoms and have fun, driver your T4 carriers with 19 pt cmdrs. Huge load of fun, lots of laughs and no fighters to drop. This last thing avoids the "need fighter cover" requests you always get at higher tiers. AA(A) is much easier to survive. Planes last longer. 

Tier Four is really where the fun is in carriers these days.

How much longer that will hold true, I can't say. I do expect them to screw up carriers even more in the near future. They pounded the fun out of T10, T8 and T6 so T4 is the only thing they haven't hammered yet. It's really just a matter of time. 

[KAPPA]
Members
2,649 posts
7,395 battles

Honestly, and sadly, Audacious feels more like Lexington than Midway does. The unupgraded and upgraded torpedoes really are only good against the rare stationary/reversing BB/CV, and even then, I imagine they really can't do much this patch unless you somehow manage to not die horribly on approach.

Definitely a great time to level my Izumo, though, so mixed blessings.

[O-PN]
Members
2,577 posts
5,666 battles

Yes, we're seeing pathetic desperation ooze from WG HQ right now.  They're clueless.  Participation Trophy AA is a joke.

[SOV]
Members
4,263 posts
8 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Your best carrier play is T6 and operations. You make coin, its easypeasy and fun. T6 randoms are okay too... but seriously - now don't laugh - if you want to play randoms and have fun, driver your T4 carriers with 19 pt cmdrs. Huge load of fun, lots of laughs and no fighters to drop. This last thing avoids the "need fighter cover" requests you always get at higher tiers. AA(A) is much easier to survive. Planes last longer. 

Tier Four is really where the fun is in carriers these days.

How much longer that will hold true, I can't say. I do expect them to screw up carriers even more in the near future. They pounded the fun out of T10, T8 and T6 so T4 is the only thing they haven't hammered yet. It's really just a matter of time. 

T4 actually is fun. The race to t10 is kinda silly.

Everyone rushes from one t to another and forgets to enjoy the ride. Essential every t is the same. 

T4 cv torp suck but ots the same them and the maps are smaller. 

Its also the only t were people don't curse in chat and hate everything. Normaly.

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,955 posts
14,569 battles
10 hours ago, Nembrot said:

I did 25k damage.

giphy.gif

(sorry, i really want use this gif)

[SALVO]
Members
601 posts
12,580 battles

With only 500 games under your belt, you don't have the experience to be playing in the high tiers and do well.  Despite the common thread on these forums that CV's are easy to play, they take a bit more than just throwing money at the game and jumping into tier 10.  Do yourself a favor and drop back to tier 6 and get better.  Then move to tier 8 and repeat.  This game is not a race to see how fast you can get to tier 10.  

• Boring 1

[QSS]
Members
16 posts
987 battles

@brdhntr It's always a pleasure to read people like you. Judging the book by it's cover while absolutely not understanding what it's all about, but worry not, all you have to do is read other people posts and it'll become clear. Just in case I'll explain it to you too. It was 1st game, ununpgraded CV is completly ignored by WG in their ideas of balance, IMO with 25k dmage I should NEVER end up in the middle of the XP list, I should be the very last as it was total crap even by my own standards. But it's ok, I forgive you for being an <a different word for a not nice person>, someone with 10000 battles must have forgotten how it was to play your first game in T10, ever. You probably waited and watched all the youtube, read all the posts about how to play a T10 before even attempting to play your first game at T10, you held onto that feeling to experience a T10 fight first hand for months probably, but me you see, I'm just a man and I just wanted to play a T10 game.

Edited by Nembrot
  • Cool 1

Members
119 posts
1,939 battles

WEll, last play i did like 35k damage with Implacable, Premium time + Wings of crown permacamo and lost 50 planes. I earned 9000 silver aprox.

[SALVO]
Members
601 posts
12,580 battles
Just now, Nembrot said:

@Ghostar_1 Omg, now @brdhntr will give you a talk about your place in the world ;/

I'm sorry that pointing out you don't have the experience to do well in higher tiers hurt your feelings.  I was trying to help you have a better playing experience, I said nothing about you having a place in the world.  I ground the upgrades for the Midway from stock, back when AA was much worse than it is now.  It isn't the fault of the ship.  I was in your place at one time,  and I rushed too far up the tiers for what I was prepared for.  The difference is when someone suggested I slow down, I did and learned.  

[QSS]
Members
16 posts
987 battles

@brdhntr Tell me please, what is it you don't understand: It was first game in Midway, first game in T10 Midway, EVER. There is nothing to slow down from. Your comments simply show how stuck you are in proving to me that you are right. But you can not be, because I wrote about my first game in T10 Midway ever. Man, I appreciate your good advice, but quite frankly, I don't need it thanks. Sometimes it's cool to ask if someone wants an advice, before giving it. On a side note I looked up your stats and if I were you I would reconsider giving people advices about their place in the world.

Members
7,307 posts
3,248 battles
27 minutes ago, Nembrot said:

@brdhntr It's always a pleasure to read people like you. Judging the book by it's cover while absolutely not understanding what it's all about, but worry not, all you have to do is read other people posts and it'll become clear. Just in case I'll explain it to you too. It was 1st game, ununpgraded CV is completly ignored by WG in their ideas of balance, IMO with 25k dmage I should NEVER end up in the middle of the XP list, I should be the very last as it was total crap even by my own standards. But it's ok, I forgive you for being an <a different word for a not nice person>, someone with 10000 battles must have forgotten how it was to play your first game in T10, ever. You probably waited and watched all the youtube, read all the posts about how to play a T10 before even attempting to play your first game at T10, you held onto that feeling to experience a T10 fight first hand for months probably, but me you see, I'm just a man and I just wanted to play a T10 game.

@brdhntr is correct though. Statistically, you have no idea what you're doing, losing far more games than winning. You don't even know how the XP system works if you're complaining that 25k damage shouldn't have let you be in the middle of the XP list.  This has nothing to do about how you feel, these are what the facts tell us.

The problem is that you're taking constructive criticism as an insult.

[QSS]
Members
16 posts
987 battles

@10tonhammer Statistically? Really? Dude, from what you write I deduct that since I'm just 500 battles in, I should just shut up and not write anything because 10k battles people are wise beyond their years. But you know what I looked you up too and just like in @brdhntr case I think you have no idea what you are talking about as you are not playing CV after rework, you never played Midway at all, so you can not relete to what I'm talking about. So, statistically you can not be right. 

• Cool 1

Members
7,307 posts
3,248 battles
2 minutes ago, Nembrot said:

I think you have no idea what you are talking about as you are not playing CV after rework, you never played Midway at all, so you can not relete to what I'm talking about. So, statistically you can not be right. 

You don't know how statistics work....

Members
7,307 posts
3,248 battles
Just now, Nembrot said:

@10T0nHammer  The number of your interactions with me is too low for you to say that.

No, but you claiming that because I do not play the midway, stats are wrong does. A single data point can be more than enough to draw a conclusion. For example, I may not know a person, but if he comes up to me in a SS uniform, goosestepping, and yelling in German, that's all the data I need to know to this person is garbage. 

[QSS]
Members
16 posts
987 battles

@10T0nHammer Can you please go and play T10 Midway as your first ever T10 fight and write something about your experince then on forum? Maybe then you'll not be like this, maybe first hand experience will make you realize things. I know that writing anything on forum will only get people to reply and among those people there will be some whom I should just ignore. I can not win here, because there is nothing to win. Statistics tell you nothing, a said SS German might have been a kidnapped guy that ended up on this side of the ocean without language, he could have been kept naked in a cell, he might have managed to escape his captors, but the only clothes he found were some SS uniform. He ran, found your house, started yelling at you in german, scared shitless. And you judged him being a human garbage, when he was a victim of a white collar gang of sexual predators. Statistically it's not likely, but none the less, it's possible.