You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JCC45

Wanna see a big problem with the game?

51 comments in this topic

[YORHA]
Members
4,767 posts
9,353 battles

p6OnHGk.jpg

mwdnV08.jpg

Unless, of course, this player is on the other team... which they were.

• Confused 2
  • Boring 1

[CK5]
Members
1,269 posts
12,778 battles

At least he put a 124 matches in Tier 1 before moving up.  That is more effort than most players.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[WORX]
Members
9,074 posts
17,223 battles

I disagree with the OP,

Statistically, the stats the OP posted of a player are so inconsistent/infrequent.  You will rarely see this person in a match (if you do congrats you won the RANDOM lottory.)

IMO, I am worried about that active, cocky/over confident DMG farmer. The one whom thinks, his game style is the best and everyone else is a scrub/NOOB. 

The one who prioritizes DMG farming over winning the match... The Stat padder know it all...The one whom neglects the game mode and the win just to DMG farm a BB instead of capping.

Not the 200 game inactive players I rarely see in my day to day game play. 

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 3

[SOFOP]
Members
2,121 posts
12,740 battles

I saw a guy the other day that had roughly 600 games played.  It was notable to me because he was in a Stalingrad .....

• Confused 1

Members
4,219 posts
9,661 battles
16 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

I saw a guy the other day that had roughly 600 games played.  It was notable to me because he was in a Stalingrad .....

lolol

really, ahem, ok so he paid to teleport into a Stalingrad. The company is happy, the meth heads on tier X with 19-pt captains are thrilled at new fish food appearing in their tank... what's the problem?

Edited by Stauffenberg44

[WOLF7]
Members
12,429 posts
22 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

I disagree with the OP,

Statistically, the stats the OP posted of a player are so inconsistent/infrequent.  You will rarely see his person in a match (if you do congrats you won the RANDOM lottory.)

IMO, I am worried about that active, cocky/over confident DMG farmer. The one whom thinks, his game style is the best and everyone else is a scrub/NOOB. 

The one who prioritizes DMG farming over winning the match... The Stat padder know it all...The one whom neglects the game mode and the win just to DMG farm a BB instead of capping.

You're assuming that's a 1 off? You have enough battles to know better..

This is from a year ago. Fully 80% of the top 100 players by battles played for that week couldn't break 1000 WTR, which was about average.

This was true week in and week out over a years time.

Because these players played far more than the average player, they presented a greater chance of seeing them. And none of this even addresses the players with hidden stats....:Smile_sceptic:

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,146 posts

You know... this person could have any number of personal handicaps working against them. In fact, just the mere fact they are gaming could be a huge achievement for them. Err on the side of being a human being and get over your stat self. 

• Cool 9
  • Funny 1

[--K--]
Members
1,261 posts
8,729 battles
1 hour ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

How? How exactly does this happen?

[UN1]
Members
928 posts
3,156 battles
1 hour ago, JCC45 said:

p6OnHGk.jpg

mwdnV08.jpg

Unless, of course, this player is on the other team... which they were.

Wow, way to be a complete jerk.  Do you make fun of mentally handicapped kids irl, too?

[YORHA]
Members
4,767 posts
9,353 battles
5 minutes ago, Ranari said:

Wow, way to be a complete jerk.  Do you make fun of mentally handicapped kids irl, too?

So you associate this player with being mentally handicapped and you call me a jerk?

And you over look the fact that this is the typical player who plays some games a in tier 1 and then runs out and buys 9 Premium ships and sails merrily off to ruin other people's matches.

But yeah... I'm the jerk for pointing that out.  Not the people who call them mentally handicapped.

Edited by JCC45
  • Cool 4

[SIMP]
Members
1,145 posts
10,049 battles
13 minutes ago, Ranari said:

Are you inferring this player is mentally handicapped? Sounds like you are the jerk.

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
4,579 posts
7,589 battles

Who cares? Seriously, I’d rather have players on my team that honestly don’t know any better than those who have more “competitive stats” and yet willfully play like muppets. The actual “problem” with this game is the lack of a persistent ranked/ladder mode that would exist to placate the ultra-competitive crowd. 

[_SMS_]
Members
936 posts
4,245 battles

How is this a BIG PROBLEM?  The guy has only played 213 games. 124 at Tier 1.  So if you stay out of T1 - which I imagine most people here do, then this guy is only a "problem" in 89 games - the odds of actually meeting him by any given player is very very low.  Whatever is in OPs head that makes him think the way he does is a bigger problem than the poor guy he is running down.

Edited by T_O_dubl_D
  • Cool 1

[TMDA]
[TMDA]
Members
290 posts
4,728 battles

Casual person who plays on and off and spends money?  Doesn't play that much obviously and for sure is fish food in first couple of mins into a match.  So what?

Members
1,697 posts
8,726 battles
1 hour ago, BarneyStyle said:

How? How exactly does this happen?

Yes I too am curious... is it new years steel with an unfair helping of ranked luck? Because I'd love to know, for a friend of course, how to whale to Stalingrad.

Again do not read anything into this but please respond promptly.

Edited by Wows_Nightly_News
  • Funny 1

Members
78 posts
10,383 battles
2 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

You know... this person could have any number of personal handicaps working against them. In fact, just the mere fact they are gaming could be a huge achievement for them. Err on the side of being a human being and get over your stat self. 

I'm quoting somebody I know not who, "he wasn't the best player, but his smile was perfect".

Members
231 posts
79 battles
3 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

I disagree with the OP,

Statistically, the stats the OP posted of a player are so inconsistent/infrequent.  You will rarely see his person in a match (if you do congrats you won the RANDOM lottory.)

With the number of battles played, you should be a Jedi master at this game.  But your survival rate and incredibly below avg damage suggest yeah, you go after caps.  But you suicide yourself in the process and blame the damage farmers.  This is why you've got that many games played and still haven't progressed through the learning curve.  You will refuse to let go of this false perception that the ships still alive past 10 min are the ones to blame when in reality, you are.  And because you blame others so emotionally won't look internally for self improvement, you're not improving.

Players who obsess over caps in the first 5 minutes, die and claim they got no support / were playing the objective, only to have the enemy team now up in number of ships take the cap back and keep it are the greatest detriment to this game.

Caps mean nothing if you are not able to keep them because the players on your team failed to take personal accountability for the health of their ships.

Those damage farmers with 60+ percent win rates aren't damage farmers.  They are game winners who happen to do massive amounts of damage because unless you know something we don't, doing damage is the only way to sink enemy ships and take their guns out of the game while also scoring points.  If you had a win rate even over 50% with your mindset, maybe you'd have an argument.  But you'd really need to also be at least 55% plus to suggest your paradigm has merit compared to those who are doing both massive damage and getting far more wins.  Winning is the ultimate goal, so whether you're capping or damage farming, what generates wins is the strategy that has legs.  You might want to think about getting your wins up before declaring who is a scrub.  Or show us a unicum player that has an average damage remotely close to as low as yours to validate your argument.

• Cool 2

[OIL-1]
Members
459 posts

I've seen this before, in the tank game. Watched the guy, he was a good player. Asked him why his record was so bad. He said he lived in Australia and had crappy internet.
Then I watched him drive straight into a house, sit there about 8 seconds, then back up, and go back to the fight.
I said "I see what you mean". Can't fault the man for wanting to play, nothing he could do about his connection.

The one's that puzzle me, and I've seen this a lot, is the guy who has 500 battles to his name,
but he owns every tech tree ship in the game.
Are there really that many CC & press accounts out there?

[WORX]
Members
9,074 posts
17,223 battles
1 hour ago, A_Burning_Sensation said:

With the number of battles played, you should be a Jedi master at this game.  But your survival rate and incredibly below avg damage suggest yeah, you go after caps.  But you suicide yourself in the process and blame the damage farmers.  This is why you've got that many games played and still haven't progressed through the learning curve.  You will refuse to let go of this false perception that the ships still alive past 10 min are the ones to blame when in reality, you are.  And because you blame others so emotionally won't look internally for self improvement, you're not improving.

Players who obsess over caps in the first 5 minutes, die and claim they got no support / were playing the objective, only to have the enemy team now up in number of ships take the cap back and keep it are the greatest detriment to this game.

Caps mean nothing if you are not able to keep them because the players on your team failed to take personal accountability for the health of their ships.

Those damage farmers with 60+ percent win rates aren't damage farmers.  They are game winners who happen to do massive amounts of damage because unless you know something we don't, doing damage is the only way to sink enemy ships and take their guns out of the game while also scoring points.  If you had a win rate even over 50% with your mindset, maybe you'd have an argument.  But you'd really need to also be at least 55% plus to suggest your paradigm has merit compared to those who are doing both massive damage and getting far more wins.  Winning is the ultimate goal, so whether you're capping or damage farming, what generates wins is the strategy that has legs.  You might want to think about getting your wins up before declaring who is a scrub.  Or show us a unicum player that has an average damage remotely close to as low as yours to validate your argument.

^^^^ Your assuming to much... You're reading my stats to fit your narrative... Stop that!

I can tell you about how many games I have lost not because of what you stated, some people just want to DMG farm rather then win to look good.

Any DMG total can end up in both a win or a lost... I do mean any DMG total... I play the game mode, not the DMG farming game.

• People like to pad stats that is cool
  • People love to DMG farm that is cool
  • People love to use ships other people dont have to stat pad, that is cool if you have a ARK BETA use it... But its inflating your stats
  • People love to inflate their stats. I do not.

My stats are open to view however, I say this

"Its not what you have done in the past, what is important to me is what you done in the match I played with you." Even the "best" mess up. 

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1
  • Confused 1

Members
231 posts
79 battles
17 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

^^^^ Your assuming to much... You're reading my stats to fit your narrative... Stop that!

I can tell you about how many games I have lost not because of what you stated, some people just want to DMG farm rather then win to look good.

Any DMG total can end up in both a win or a lost... I do mean any DMG total... I play the game mode, not the DMG farming game.

• People like to pad stats that is cool
  • People love to DMG farm that is cool
  • People love to use ships other people dont have to stat pad, that is cool if you have a ARK BETA use it... But its inflating your stats
  • People love to inflate their stats. I do not.

M stats are open to view however, I say this

"Its not what you have done in the past, what is important to me is what you done in the match I played with you." Even the "best" mess up. 

Yes there are stat padders.  Who cares.  There are no stat padders that pad any other stats (dmg, PR rating, etc.) that don't ALSO pad their win rate.  And what do you know, the very same things that pad your other stats also get you winning games (capping, defending caps, massive damage, sinking ships, etc.).  You can't be a bad player and pad stats to any level worth drooling over.  You are acting like padding stats and winning games are mutually exclusive.  Your argument relies on them being mutually exclusive.  Especially if you claim they are noobs/scrubs like you said they were.  Scrubs are people who don't carry their weight and it shows in their performance history, most importantly win rate.  If you are better than the scrubs in focusing on the objective and winning the game like you claim, your win rate should reflect that over these damage farming scrubs who don't care about winning.  I wonder how long we have to go at this before you realize how badly you're contradicting yourself.

To the person who marked the post "confused," ask me specifically what you're confused about.

Edited by A_Burning_Sensation
  • Cool 1
  • Confused 2