You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DevilD0g

There is no point playing carriers now if you can only attack once

99 comments in this topic

[RAN]
[RAN]
Members
440 posts
8,062 battles

what is the point of playing carriers now if you can only attack generally once,  and the rest is chewed up with AA and you have to spend time getting to the target with another plane group, time is the killer, your game time is ruined hence your ability to do damage as well.

if bb  cruisers and dd could only fire their guns once  ever 90 to 130 seconds how the forum would light up.

This is what carrier players are looking at now.

For a product I was paying for i have stopped paying.

carriers are now just a white elephant and i cant justify paying 8-10 million credits not to mention the dubs to assist in that for captain skills or otherwise  or actually buying a premium carrier if it just blows out the proverbial.

And for all those community contributer players that say its balanced, your full of shite.  The rework is a failure.

Edited by DevilD0g
  • Cool 4
  • Funny 5
  • Confused 3
  • Boring 18

[KRAK]
Members
3,511 posts
20,082 battles
5 minutes ago, DevilD0g said:

what is the point of playing carriers now if you can only attack generally once,  and the rest is chewed up with AA and you have to spend time getting to the target with another plane group, time is the killer, your game time is ruined hence your ability to do damage as well.

if bb  cruisers and dd could only fire their guns once  ever 90 to 130 seconds how the forum would light up.

This is what carrier players are looking at now.

For a product I was paying for i have stopped paying.

carriers are now just a white elephant and i cant justify playing 8-10 million credits not to mention the dubs to assist in that for captain skills or otherwise  or actually buying a premium carrier if it just blows out the proverbial.

And for all those community contributer players that say its balanced, your full of shite.

So, in other words, a CV should be able to attack relentlessly over and over and suffer no losses in your opinion? Your planes regenerate and are not out of commission for the duration of the match like it used to be.

• Cool 10
  • Confused 2

[-BUI-]
Members
1,527 posts
4,746 battles
49 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

So, in other words, a CV should be able to attack relentlessly over and over and suffer no losses in your opinion? Your planes regenerate and are not out of commission for the duration of the match like it used to be.

You mean like every camping unspotted cruiser/gunboat DD?    I can sit behind an island and farm 100k damage in a Harugumo much easier than I can get 100k with planes....

Edited by Zenn3k
  • Cool 7
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 4
  • Angry 1

[SIMP]
Members
1,410 posts

Yep, with the new AA rules carriers are now 60 second reload cruisers.

Practically useless. (compare this DPS to a 2.5 second reload Minotaur).

• Cool 4
  • Boring 3

[PISD]
Members
967 posts
4,726 battles

Funny thing: I am a potato and I can regularly made more than one drop on same tier ships, and even on some higher tier one.

Just now, capncrunch21 said:

Yep, with the new AA rules carriers are now 60 second reload cruisers.

Practically useless. (compare this DPS to a 2.5 second reload Minotaur).

But they can affect all the map and provide more spotting than any cruiser. Not a bad trade off.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[SIMP]
Members
1,410 posts
2 minutes ago, Y_Nagato said:

But they can affect all the map and provide more spotting than any cruiser. Not a bad trade off.

Except for, you know, XP and stuff. :fish_palm:

Edited by capncrunch21
  • Confused 2

[-BUI-]
Members
1,527 posts
4,746 battles
4 minutes ago, Y_Nagato said:

Funny thing: I am a potato and I can regularly made more than one drop on same tier ships, and even on some higher tier one.

Spotting is only as good as your teammates.   Doesn't matter how much you spot for potatoes if they're potatoes.

• Cool 4

[RAN]
[RAN]
Members
440 posts
8,062 battles
17 minutes ago, Y_Nagato said:

Carriers dont want to be a 10 million credit  per ship game spotter for ungrateful BB CL an DD players.

and what xp am i getting if my weopon delivery is reduced by one half to a third and damage the same.

Edited by DevilD0g
  • Funny 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
3,998 posts
13,706 battles

Don't know if this was part of the rationale for the AA rework but, it lowered the damage output by CV's.

• Boring 1

[WORX]
Members
9,074 posts
17,223 battles

One pass nets you 4k-6k DMG, no wounder people have disdain for planes. With 3 successful passes you wipe out a DD, that is not in-game role people want.

If this ever becomes reality, its the biggest appeasement to sky cancer... No thank you....

WOWS is already appeasing BBs as well while making small ship game play unbearable.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 5
  • Boring 3

[RKLES]
Members
11,795 posts
13,379 battles
8 minutes ago, DevilD0g said:

I never said that.  but it has to be better than one weapon delivery every 90 - 130 seconds, even you are not that stupid not to see that

Problem with CVs is by their very nature they either have to be weaker than a surface Warship or more overpowered than one. There is no in between. And the OP version of CVs would kill WOWs eventually so CVs will simply need to be auxiliary support ship just as the old naval planners had originally intended for CVs.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 2

[RKLES]
Members
11,795 posts
13,379 battles
8 minutes ago, DevilD0g said:

Carriers dont want to be a 10 million credit  per ship game spotter for ungrateful BB CL an DD players.

and what xp am i getting if my weopon delivery is reduced by one half to a third and damage the same.

Then don’t play CVs, simple as that. You are only 1 player and rest of the players in non CV ships do not want CVs in their battles typically.

If you feel like you want to do more then use the BBs, CAs, or DDs.

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1
  • Cool 10
  • Boring 4

[4HIM]
Members
2,854 posts
10,783 battles
10 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Then don’t play CVs, simple as that. You are only 1 player and rest of the players in non CV ships do not want CVs in their battles typically.

If you feel like you want to do more then use the BBs, CAs, or DDs.

Or, if you really want to fly planes, go play WoWP or one of the other 3,567,932 fly-fly games out there.  

• Cool 9

[AOH]
Members
984 posts
7,157 battles

Hermes: 14 battles, high score 38,000+. Finished 4th.

Finished another battle next to last, because the pink player who was last did nothing.

All other battles finished last.

Now 1/20th of the way to Furious. Using 3 signals per.

Despite Notser and his review, carriers suck. And I'm done giving them metrics.

• Boring 2

[AOH]
Members
984 posts
7,157 battles

You think it's funny.

Imagine yourself firing your pink cruiser's guns. 1 turret at a time. You now have to guide the shot to the target, dodging AA all the way because AA can shoot your salvo down. If it does, you eventually lose guns on that turret.

Oh, and you only do 1/10th damage if you hit.

WG has gotten further and further away from the reality of naval combat. And nowhere near historical in any way. It's not even attempted simulation anymore, it's been reduced to an arcade game in which you pay for having a bunch of your ships gimped. It's not a rework. It's a friggin nerf. And if I were a developer of theirs, I'd be ashamed to admit after all this time they didn't find a reasonable solution.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 4

[RAN]
[RAN]
Members
440 posts
8,062 battles

Your yamato drivers and missouri drivers can get over 200k damage and over 2million credits a game and get much more than a Carrier  and they are not ocean cancer .  The fact is its ok for BB's to screw  you but not a carrier , Why is that.

flammissy_zps30yqjt0t.jpg

im  lucky to get one fifth of that in a carrier.

Edited by DevilD0g
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 5

[AOH]
Members
984 posts
7,157 battles

To quote one of my favorite movie characters, the guy that came up with this should have his brain in a glass jar at Harvard.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,877 posts
13,616 battles
6 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

CV's also don't start with all of them available. However, the OP is over reacting a bit.

55 minutes ago, Zenn3k said:

You mean like every camping unspotted cruiser/gunboat DD?    I can sit behind an island and farm 100k damage in a Harugumo much easier than I can do get 100k with planes....

No, no, no, you have that wrong, hiding behind an island and firing guns when you cannot be struck by guns is skill. Hiding behind an island and using planes while not being able to be struck by guns is horse hockey.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

Members
1,455 posts
6,945 battles
3 minutes ago, DevilD0g said:

Your yamato drivers and missouri drivers can get over 200k damage and over 2million credits a game and get much more than a Carrier  and they are not ocean cancer .  The fact is its ok for BB's to screw  you but not a carrier , Why is that.

BB's could use some balancing.  If you want to compare, the Audacious had more average damage than every cruiser except Stalingrad and more than Yamato and Montana.  Why should the lowest risk, highest survival class outperform all the cruisers and three tier 10 bbs? 

Edited by 0NutsNBolts0
  • Cool 3

[PISD]
Members
967 posts
4,726 battles
38 minutes ago, DevilD0g said:

In short: git gud.

in complex: WG will have to adjust the economics of CV since right now they can become credit drain. But the damage drop is not that bad as soon as you play with care. Just choose the right target at the right time, and if nothing is open spot for the team and counter the other CV. 

• Cool 2

[RLGN]
Members
13,299 posts
23,188 battles
6 minutes ago, IronMike11C4O said:

CV tears are delicious.

As will be lolibote tears when the BulliBoiz start going after them again.

And of course the reverse; BulliBoiz tears when there’s nobody to spot the lolibotes torp souping them to death.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1