You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Rylos007

Thanks for making Khab a useless ship

47 comments in this topic

[TF_16]
Members
103 posts
18,704 battles

Khab now turns slower than a BB, stops and starts almost as bad, has a 10km det, guns that get dropped regularly. 

Not enough captain skills to correct for this mess. Who ever approved this update...

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,214 posts
22,502 battles

So, what exactly changed about Khab this update?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 6

Members
1,059 posts
6,189 battles
42 minutes ago, Lert said:

Nice. I give it 9 out of 10 snarks on the lertometer. :cap_like:

[CYNIC]
[CYNIC]
Members
9,236 posts
12,665 battles

It's been like...two years, since Khabarovsk changed, right?

And yet, the OP somehow just now noticed?

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
32,147 posts
26,918 battles
3 hours ago, Lert said:

I categorize such things in the same selection of posts about BBs saying, "WG nerfed muh AP" every other patch.

But of course, it all pales in comparison to the fabulous days when there were a lot of people going around saying, "WG NURFED MUH MISSOURI DISPERSION11!!!!!"

Gods, there so many fools during that, and there were even some notable names with the community that thought so also.

• Boring 1

[RBMK]
Members
2,338 posts
36,724 battles
6 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Maybe he hasn't played in like 2.5 years and still remembers Khab from her pre-nerf days :Smile_coin:

It will be un-nerfed soon after Kleber is introduced for balance. 

Members
1,731 posts
11,839 battles

The only "nerf" i can think of is the BB AP changes don't effect it and the Har.  Basically a buff to all its competition.  Of course that was a lot time ago.  

I don't think the khaba is weak, though you could make the argument the tashkent is as good or close to it.(i felt that way long before the BB AP changes)

[SOAR]
Members
317 posts
5,146 battles

I dont think Khaba is useless.

It's just an opportunistic ship vs. a flat out mini BB like it once was.

[TF_16]
Members
103 posts
18,704 battles

You would have to play the Khab now in order to see how bad it turns. I believe an IOWA turns as well.
Guns would get broken and need repair maybe once per game. Now several times per game with more than one at a time.
Det is the same. But with no ability to turn it exaggerates the pain.

I have noted this in game and other players agree. Had 5+ agree. Non disagree.
Perhaps most of you do not have the Khab. Take it out, play the 12km to 14km range against 1 or two ships. 
Then you will see how you cannot turn and the delay in turning is so bad.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
32,147 posts
26,918 battles
4 minutes ago, Rylos007 said:

You would have to play the Khab now in order to see how bad it turns. I believe an IOWA turns as well.
Guns would get broken and need repair maybe once per game. Now several times per game with more than one at a time.
Det is the same. But with no ability to turn it exaggerates the pain.

I have noted this in game and other players agree. Had 5+ agree. Non disagree.
Perhaps most of you do not have the Khab. Take it out, play the 12km to 14km range against 1 or two ships. 
Then you will see how you cannot turn and the delay in turning is so bad.

Yeah, sorry. No.  It hasn't changed.

It's just like people back in the day that swore WG nerfed Missouri's accuracy when nothing happened of the sort.

Show us some hard proof.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Beta Testers
1,051 posts
15,720 battles

If you play the Khab thinking you are in a destroyer you are sadly mistaken. The Khab is one of the worst destoyers in the game but one of the better light cruisers. I dislike seeing them on my team as they take up a valuable destroyer spot.

And no, it hasn't been changed in 8.5

[NGA]
Members
2,010 posts
12,594 battles
19 hours ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

It will be un-nerfed soon after Kleber is introduced for balance. 

The disturbing thing is that I could fully see this happening. As far as I recall, Khab only fell victim to three nerfs in its history. First it's HE damage was reduced from 1900 to 1700 (a change that was later reverted), it lost the original torps (with 10k range) and now only has the 6k torps, and then it like all destroyers was effected by the removal of OWSF, and in this regard it was one of the least effected since Soviet DDs already had a stealth-fire penalty (which was one of the balancing factors so in a weird way this was almost a buff to Soviet DDs) and Khab's armor meant she was always resistant to incoming fire. In return, Khab gained the ability to mount a repair party instead of a smoke, which is arguably better given its run-gun style of play.

Edit: I forgot that Khab also had a rudder shift nerf a good while back, but still it is one of the most powerful ships in the game with its only weakness being its turning ability. Khab has received no nerfs within the last year and I doubt it will.

[TF_16]
Members
103 posts
18,704 battles

Take it for a spin with Legendary which I have had for say 3 months. 

Close to 60 seconds to do a full speed 360. That is not a maneuverability of 84. 

Then check out the delay in turning. 

I just shot down 52 planes. Why? Because the CV player  knows how bad its maneuverability is. 

[CVA16]
Members
6,858 posts
21,047 battles
21 minutes ago, hexeris said:

The Khab is one of the worst destoyers in the game but one of the better light cruisers.

No other DD has that much of armor but no other cruiser in-game lacks a citadel. That alone makes it one of the better light cruisers.

• Cool 1

Members
311 posts
23 hours ago, Lert said:

Everything is else got better ... Curious I was just watching a twitch stream the other day in which Flamuu - not just any player - was  taken the Khab out for a spin after having been in port for.... like countless months. His team won but he hated the game. He had something like 65K damage at the end of the game which  is something that he, and most average skilled players, will do in a Haragumo in the first 5 minutes.

I totally agree with his, and that of the OP, sentiments,  this ship has been completely ruined by WG - not only by various nerfs but also the changing meta. It is indeed very, very sad what has been done to this ship.

• Cool 1

[TF_16]
Members
103 posts
18,704 battles

Perhaps changes were made to the game that impact ships differently. 

Members
231 posts
79 battles

I dunno, I had around a 70% win rate with it in ranked this season and everyone trashed it as being bad for ranked.  Of course, I only played it when there were no cv's in queue, but I would jump out of queue with any DD I planned to bring, so that's no different.  I play Khab a lot differently than most though which is why I have better luck with it.  Most players don't know how to Khab like they don't know how to Shima.

[KAG2]
Beta Testers
343 posts
22,038 battles
13 minutes ago, Rylos007 said:

This is not what changed months ago. This is last update.

nothing changed, you just cant play the boat that's all. move along now.

• Funny 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,734 posts
13,707 battles
44 minutes ago, hexeris said:

If you play the Khab thinking you are in a destroyer you are sadly mistaken. The Khab is one of the worst destoyers in the game but one of the better light cruisers. I dislike seeing them on my team as they take up a valuable destroyer spot.

And no, it hasn't been changed in 8.5

All my capping ribbons and liquidator medals would disagree. :Smile-_tongue:

[TF_16]
Members
103 posts
18,704 battles

HazeGray explain this to me. I don't understand.

You have 100 games in the Khab. 
And when I look at your stats, I don't see that you have even played in a long time.
When was the last time you played and when was the last time you played the Khab?
Because your stats don't show you playing recently. So I am wondering how you know so much?

Myself on the other hand have 230 games in the Khab and have a game in it today.
Games in it last weekend and last week....
And my states page shows I have x number of games Overall, Recent, Last 7 days, and Last 21 days. 

[TF_16]
Members
103 posts
18,704 battles
13 minutes ago, WaWingsFan_15 said:

nothing changed, you just cant play the boat that's all. move along now.

That is funny. Though my stats are nothing impressive. I have ~ half the games in the Khab as you.
My win rate is ~3% higher. My PR ~500 higher. And my damage ~30k higher. 
I am not sure you would notice a degradation in play.