Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IAF_NASTY

Smart on WG’s part ?

22 comments in this topic

[TF16]
Members
266 posts
11,704 battles

Create a new battle mode (Savage) with  with a low win rate to maximize your loss of economic flags  “ free xp & credit flags ect... we are not half way through this event and it has put a major dent in my flags anyone else see this or am I the only one lol?

Edited by IAF_NASTY
  • Boring 1

[KRAK]
Members
3,511 posts
20,083 battles
2 minutes ago, IAF_NASTY said:

Create a new battle mode (Savage) with  with a low win rate to maximize your loss of economic flags  “ free xp & credit flags ect... we are not half way through this event and it has put a major dent in my flags anyone else see this or am I the only one lol?

Winning or losing only affects XP not credits earned.

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1

Members
1,455 posts
6,947 battles

And waste premium time that was bought to grind tech tree.

I used to not mind grinding some of these freemiums.  I don't even try anymore because they have become more greasy.

Edited by 0NutsNBolts0
  • Cool 1

Members
1,455 posts
6,947 battles
Just now, Vaffu said:

People use flags to speed it up.

[--K--]
Members
6,397 posts
14,070 battles

If you div, it's a lot easier. I'm probably well over 90% in a div. 

• Angry 1

[KRAK]
Members
3,511 posts
20,083 battles
Just now, 0NutsNBolts0 said:

Right. Credit flags offer you the same bonus win or lose. You earn credits based on ribbons, damage, kills, etc not a win or loss. Why would you play Savage battles for XP in the first place?

[TF16]
Members
266 posts
11,704 battles
1 minute ago, Vaffu said:

1 minute ago, 0NutsNBolts0 said:

Exactly my point 

[KRAK]
Members
3,511 posts
20,083 battles
Just now, IAF_NASTY said:

Exactly my point 

Don't use XP flags in savage mode? Even if you win and do well you will be lucky to break 1400 XP most times.

[SOFOP]
Members
2,121 posts
12,740 battles

I just do enough directives to complete the stage and then let the rest complete themselves.  The only flag I use is the ramming flag because...meh...why not lol.

There are better uses for flags imo but to each their own.

[WORX]
Members
9,076 posts
17,233 battles

Seeing that I played Savage mode in PTS... Nope I dont use flags. So the OP's argument is moot...

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,713 posts
12,167 battles

I only use the credit flag. I’ve banked a few hundred because I’m already swimming in silver. That’s the only flag type you should be using other than the speed flag if you like lulz.

-Members-
1,259 posts
508 battles

Signal Flags can speed up your progress through some of the Directives and Combat Missions for Savage Battles, however they are not at all required to progress. If you have them, why not use them but if you don't it shouldn't prevent you from participating. 

• Angry 1

[WOLF9]
Members
4,310 posts

Or, you can just ignore savage battles altogether, like I do, and just complete the directives that way.   I got 2/5 done in a few games yesterday, and am appx 1/2 way through the rest.  They're just grind missions.  Play a tier 5 or up, as you normally would, and they automatically add up.

Don't especially care about another premium DD- I've got oodles of them already, and most never see much play.   The free swag that comes your way when you complete steps or a directive?  A-OK with me!   I'm playing anyway, may as well get more goodies, lol.

After reading the initial impressions of the temp new mode, and the things players do to get ahead- I decided it simply wasn't for me.   Not my cuppa.

[A_51]
Members
961 posts

I use only the credit commander experience flags, the latter because all commander experience is immediately converted to elite experience.

Members
233 posts
6,068 battles
1 hour ago, I_Potato_Ther4_I_Yam said:

Pfft... use ramming flag and :Smile_izmena:

Finally, my ramming flags can be used for a good reason XD

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
3,407 posts
3,587 battles
2 hours ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

Or, you can just ignore savage battles altogether, like I do, and just complete the directives that way.   I got 2/5 done in a few games yesterday, and am appx 1/2 way through the rest.  They're just grind missions.  Play a tier 5 or up, as you normally would, and they automatically add up.

Don't especially care about another premium DD- I've got oodles of them already, and most never see much play.   The free swag that comes your way when you complete steps or a directive?  A-OK with me!   I'm playing anyway, may as well get more goodies, lol.

After reading the initial impressions of the temp new mode, and the things players do to get ahead- I decided it simply wasn't for me.   Not my cuppa.

This is my approach. If I like the mode, I play it. If not, I just play my usual randoms. Same with most of the missions/objectives, tokes, etc. I don't purposely try and get them. I just play what I want and if that completes the missions, great, free stuff. Exception is if I want the reward, then I make the grind. Only one I did this for was the Bismark. Not interested in the rest of the KMS line, but the secondaries on the Bismark were very appealing at the time. But I don't invest in most of the missions. Way I look at it, they're bonuses to my usual play. I don't really want a T9 DD, so I'm just going to play. I like the Savage mode so I'll play it for fun. But I'm not going to worry about the fastest way to get my free reward. Life is too short to worry about in game bonus missions.

[PVE]
Members
4,686 posts
22,432 battles
11 hours ago, IAF_NASTY said:

The event is going on for 20 more days...you don't need to use any flags to finish the missions...there's plenty of time to earn all those credits w/out them & a whole week for each of the sets of directives.

But I guess that's depending on how much time you have to play.

11 hours ago, Vaffu said:

I used to think the same thing as the wiki is kinda confusing on it in that under the specific subsection titled "credits" it doesn't list winning as 1 of the factors that effects them but later on in the "economics" section (the "credits" subsection is in the "economics" section) it says something along the lines of winning actually effecting both XP & credits...although it effects both of them differently. Base XP gets an exact 50% boost but it doesn't clarify how much of a credit boost you get.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
240 posts
135 battles

Only flags I'm using in Savage battles are Zulus just to make the credit grind go marginally quicker (and I have like 2k+ of the useless things lying around too)

Alpha Tester
422 posts
9,696 battles
16 hours ago, Radar_X said:

Signal Flags can speed up your progress through some of the Directives and Combat Missions for Savage Battles, however they are not at all required to progress. If you have them, why not use them but if you don't it shouldn't prevent you from participating. 

Because I can use them on one of my tier 8 or 9 premiums I already have and make 4x as much credits while actually playing the game I signed up for.

Sign in to follow this