You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SOJO

Free to Play "NOPE" - It's Worse -

22 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Members
110 posts
8,197 battles

The curse - Free for anyone to play, and I mean anyone -  No Test Required  -

Edited by SOJO

[ARGSY]
Members
25,683 posts
19,754 battles

So you would lock someone out of this game who couldn't afford to pay money but might potentially be very good at it?

Having skilled players in the game is all very well until they all get stacked on the enemy team and treat yours like a punching bag.

• Funny 1

[JEDI-]
Members
2,685 posts
6,946 battles

This is one odd conversation.

:cap_popcorn:

• Cool 2

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,785 posts
11,439 battles

So, you would rather pay to play?  That's what purchased games give you.  What's the difference in player aptitude?  Or, you can play if you aren't bad at the game?  No one is perfect at any game.  Should they be prevented from playing because they don't measure up?  

The only thing I would like to see is some basic player objective that needs to be completed when moving up from a lower tier ship to a higher tier one in each ship line and type.  Then players would at least be introduced to some basic game changes for each type and tier of game play.

[BEA5T]
Members
5,506 posts
26,134 battles
26 minutes ago, Murcc said:

So, you would rather pay to play?  That's what purchased games give you.  What's the difference in player aptitude?  Or, you can play if you aren't bad at the game?  No one is perfect at any game.  Should they be prevented from playing because they don't measure up?  

The only thing I would like to see is some basic player objective that needs to be completed when moving up from a lower tier ship to a higher tier one in each ship line and type.  Then players would at least be introduced to some basic game changes for each type and tier of game play.

Wait a minute, grinding up the tech tree takes time and I want it NOW..........where's my credit card....  All for one; and, more for me !!!  Screw objectives and progressive learning, that is for sissies and Boomers whom have the twitch responses of a stone....  I say BUY and BUY some more till there's nothing left to BUY.....and then, I am the RNG GoD.......!  After all, the MM gives me a 50-50 chance to be on the winning team !!! 

Sorry, I just got back from walking in 100 degree temps and I skipped a grove me thinks....apologies.

I guess, that was what the tech tree was for initially; I wasn't here.  And, money was needed and our host created the sales gimmicks we see today......and, in ranked, they now can "rent" ships to insure the player count is high enough for............only, the Schwartz knows????

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,785 posts
11,439 battles
4 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

Wait a minute, grinding up the tech tree takes time and I want it NOW..........where's my credit card....  All for one; and, more for me !!!  Screw objectives and progressive learning, that is for sissies and Boomers whom have the twitch responses of a stone....  I say BUY and BUY some more till there's nothing left to BUY.....and then, I am the RNG GoD.......!  After all, the MM gives me a 50-50 chance to be on the winning team !!! 

Sorry, I just got back from walking in 100 degree temps and I skipped a grove me thinks....apologies.

I guess, that was what the tech tree was for initially; I wasn't here.  And, money was needed and our host created the sales gimmicks we see today......and, in ranked, they now can "rent" ships to insure the player count is high enough for............only, the Schwartz knows????

LOL.:Smile-_tongue:

[--K--]
Members
5,429 posts
18,806 battles

I don't mind everyone having the opportunity to play Savage Battles. 
What Grinds my gears is the grind toward rewards. 
This game mode isn't all that fun after a few battles, especially when you suffer a lot of loses. 
But than you add in the need to grind dozens of games just to collect Fuel So you have a chance at a T9 DD. 
And this whole thing becomes detestable. 

I for one am getting tired of WG coming out with events or game modes for that matter that seem to always increase the time to grind them out. Maybe if WG made the game more entertaining there would be less need to hook players into a grind loop and they would just play it because its fun. 

Edited by RedSeaBear
  • Cool 4

[DJL]
Members
3,354 posts
19,260 battles

So what you are saying is that you would rather the game was exclusively paid players. New players that can purchase tier 9 ships for $100 each with basically a couple of battles under their belt? And you think this would make a better game?  

Edited by STINKWEED_

[KRAK]
Members
3,727 posts
22,639 battles
9 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

I don't mind everyone having the opportunity to play Savage Battles. 
What Grinds my gears is the grind toward rewards. 
This game mode isn't all that fun after a few battles, especially when you suffer a lot of loses. 
But than you add in the need to grind dozens of games just to collect Fuel So you have a chance at a T9 DD. 
And this whole thing becomes detestable. 

I for one am getting tired of WG coming out with events or game modes for that matter that seem to always increase the time to grind them out. Maybe if WG made the game more entertaining there would be less need to hook players into a grind loop and they would just play it because its fun. 

Winning or losing is irrelative in Rogue mode? You get nothing extra for winning except XP. You need XP that badly?

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,634 posts
16,884 battles

Been playing for free since 2015 and proud of it!

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
110 posts
8,197 battles
4 hours ago, Murcc said:

Yes, just like letting the clueless purchase a Tier 8 Premium, to enter Tier 10 matches -  wait.... Participation Trophies for everyone!

Edited by SOJO

[DVL]
Members
297 posts
3,952 battles
6 hours ago, SOJO said:

The curse - Free for anyone to play, and I mean anyone -  No Test Required  -

I am really not sure where you are going with this thread, even after reading everyone's responses.

I am sure I will get flack for this opinion, but I think that the way WOWs is set up is ideal, because, you can really "play for free", or spend bookoos of money and buy your way up the line. Let me explain the logic behind this opinion:

1. WG needs  players who will pay to "win", or at least pay for the expectation to win. Unlike other developers, WG needs to support a large community base, servers, etc, without the assurance of getting $60 per access. If you want to go out and buy a carrier that is over $100 USD, go for it. WG legitimately needs capital to run, just like any other company. No money = no servers for all of us.

2. You can really play for free - I admit, I am not one of these players. I am in the middle of the pack, spending wise. I see a ton of people who have legitimately never purchased a premium ship, or premium time. These players will typically hand you your [edited]in any given situation. I pay for premium time, and I have a handful of premium ships (Texas, Kii [WG gave me this in a supercontainer, huge surpirse], Graf Spee, Murmask [Victory Campaign award] and Arizona [bought for nostalgia], along with a few others). If you want to go spend $80-100 for the Georgia, but have only ground to T4-T6? Go ahead, you will sail into some historically comical battles, and earn some damage farmer a lot of silver. 

3. You can ease the grind - The main thing that I spend actual money on are credits and small doubloon bundles. Last weekend, I really wanted to get the Moskva. I was a good player in the Donskoi, but did not want to spend the entire weekend grinding credits on my Arizona. I had the XP I needed, but lacked the silver. A few bucks later, I had the coin I needed to go ahead and pick up the Moskva, along with a few other modules to trim it out. In my opinion, money well spent. 

Could WG do a better job of balancing the "free to play" aspect of the game, and the Premium shop? Of course. I think that players who do pursue the free to play path should not be so penalized by not having a premium account. I can understand giving premium accounts a slightly increased amount of XP, Free XP and Silver, but it seems like the rewards are nearly 50% for those who do not buy premium. WG should at least make the differential closer to 25%

Just my 2C.

[JEDI-]
Members
2,685 posts
6,946 battles

I would love for the OP to flesh out his beef, whatever it is.

This is some seriously cryptic stuff.

What are we doing here? 

9kjn.gif.1bfc7903e0028e3508f0c4191b8fb538.gif

[WOLF2]
Members
110 posts
8,197 battles
18 hours ago, xalmgrey said:

I would love for the OP to flesh out his beef, whatever it is.

This is some seriously cryptic stuff.

What are we doing here? 

9kjn.gif.1bfc7903e0028e3508f0c4191b8fb538.gif

i.e. (1). Destroyer Immediately rushes cap, with enemy CV in play, not awaiting AA / Cruiser Support = Free for anyone to play, and I mean anyone (Dies) - No Test Required -

(2).  Same player 500 games later, still has not quite figured it out, (Dies) = Free for anyone to play, and I mean anyone No Test Required -

"Feel free to add to the list - there is several out there that just can't seem to negotiate the Square peg into the Square hole process, = Free for anyone to play, and I mean anyone No Test Required"

ref; World of Tanks - KV5 - Boulder (Cover) to the left, Building Structure (cover) to the right - pull smack dab in the open, shot repeatedly, fails to move - Dies = Free for anyone to play, and I mean anyone No Test Required"

Edited by SOJO

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,785 posts
11,439 battles

Does paying to play automatically make you a better player?  If the answer is no, then free to play is exactly the same as pay to play.