You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
danchubbs

is it possible to try ships out before u buy

13 comments in this topic

[-NOS-]
Members
1,223 posts
21,164 battles

There should be a 24hr grace period of tryout for all premium ships, would have been nice to test drive the ship even just for a day before fully commit.

[DOW]
Members
858 posts
5,535 battles

Generally, no. You can watch YouTube reviews and replays though.

Certain ships can be rented for special events, such as the Tier X ships in the last ranked season. I tried out [Conqueror] to see if she is worth the grind.

[PVE]
Members
19,798 posts
11,994 battles
2 minutes ago, danchubbs said:

is it possible to try new ships out before u buy them

Not anymore on the PTS. You used to be able to try out the ships that were available on the regular server.

Now periodically, WG will pick some people and loan 3 premium ships to them. You can buy them at the end of the loaner period. No way to pick the ships or ask to be loaned ships as it is all done at WG's whim..

Members
1,924 posts
7,591 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

Not anymore on the PTS.

What do you mean?  I played only one game on the 8.5 PTS because it kept crashing, but as I recall all of the tech tree ships were still there. Usually you get T7 or T8'as a starting point, so would need to grind to get ships of lower and higher tier, but the XP requirements are so low it doesn't take long. 

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,059 posts
4,304 battles

For premium ships, no. Tech tree ships for the most part can be used in the PT server.

There is (and I cant stress this enough) VERY few oddball exceptions where you can play premium ships you do not actually own. The main one that comes to mind is if you sign up for a bounty event (corgi, pirate, maskarados) you are given a demo account with all the premium ships. Like someone said there is also rentals, either for CBs, available to buy in the premium shop, or after you dissapear for  a few months. You cant pick which ships you get loaned though. 

Your best bet is reviews, YouTube's, and asking here on the forums. You will always receive several good replies from actual owners (I personally can help in detail if it is a BB in question). Check out Little White Mouse. She writes in depth reviews of almost every premium ship that comes out. 

[PVE]
Members
19,798 posts
11,994 battles
Just now, DouglasMacAwful said:

What do you mean?  I played only one game on the 8.5 PTS because it kept crashing, but as I recall all of the tech tree ships were still there. Usually you get T7 or T8'as a starting point, so would need to grind to get ships of lower and higher tier, but the XP requirements are so low it doesn't take long. 

Premium ships. I think WG stopped putting premium ships on the PTS in 2017 IIRC. It might have been 2018.

All the tech tree ships are in the PTS, yes.

Members
231 posts
79 battles

You:  "How much is that shiny new T10 ship?"

WG:  "30 million dollars"

You:  "I'd like to test drive it first of course."

WG:  "Sure no problem, you'll just have to leave a deposit."

You:  "How much is that?"

WG:  "30 million dollars."

• Funny 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,095 posts
17,163 battles
47 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

What do you mean?  I played only one game on the 8.5 PTS because it kept crashing, but as I recall all of the tech tree ships were still there.

It used to be you got a truckload of dubs and all the premiums available in the tech tree on the live server were also available on the PTS. The thing is, people spent more time trying out premium ships than the new features WG needed feedback and numbers on.

[ARP2]
Members
1,368 posts
3,638 battles

Im guessing the premium rental feature they tried some time back wasmt profitable?

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
12,816 posts

Sadly, no, there's no longer any opportunity to try before you buy.

That should tell you something.

Edited by KilljoyCutter