You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
xLeadSledx

It is a WAR GAME

24 comments in this topic

Members
222 posts
27,340 battles

I am not sure why some play this game? If you are one of the players that runs away from the start WHY DO YOU PLAY ? ( tier 7 + )

Edited by xLeadSledx
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[D-PN]
[D-PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
21,548 battles

Because I Can! So There! Pffffffft!

[WAG]
Members
859 posts
12,238 battles

I was in a game the other day in which the remaining five red ships abandoned all three caps and retreated into a cyclone. What is the purpose to this? Trying to preserve their kill/:death ratio? Either try to win, or go down fighting. Now, there are cases in which retreating will win you the game, and I have no problem with that. Say, your team is up by 500 pints with two minutes left. The other team can't cap fast enough to overcome your lead the only way they can win is to sink your team—by all means hide for the victory. But, why hide for an inevitable loss?

[NSEW]
Members
1,679 posts
10,236 battles

How dare you sir. Unlike War games, where the fighting men(women) do it together to reach an objective, by having each of their backs covered.

This game is about self preservation/self promotion.

Unless it is a Clan Battle or other "competitive" modes with Divisions.

Members
231 posts
79 battles
6 minutes ago, xLeadSledx said:

I am not sure why some play this game? If you are one of the players that runs away from the start WHY DO YOU PLAY ? ( tier 7 + )

It's always sub 30% survival rate players that think the majority of the cause of losses are passive players.  Fascinating.  You are an above avg player, but you'd probably be unicum if you kept your ship above water longer.  The players that cause losses are the ones that do less damage to the enemy than damage taken.  And those are the ones at the bottom of the scoreboard.  Don't believe me?  Look at all the 60% plus win rate players and measure their avg damage vs. sub 40% win rate players. And if you're dying early, you can't fire your guns the rest of the match.

Are you thinking damage doesn't matter, it's all about caps?  Well what do you think makes teams take and most importantly KEEP caps?  By being up in ship numbers.  Show me a replay video of all 12 players surviving past 10 minutes and actually losing a match.  You'll never find one.  Show me a replay video of 5+ ships dead in less than 10 minutes and losing a match.  Gee, that's nearly every game.

The suicidingly aggressive players that treat this game like a rinse and repeat first person shooter cause losses more than any other player type.  So the last thing you should be complaining about are people taking personal accountability for the health of their ship.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,429 posts
13 minutes ago, xLeadSledx said:

It's a war game, it was meant to be a competitive game, but that's not who plays it.

The first clue was the average age of the player base...42. Although it's clear that age levels are dropping.

Most players come to this for entertainment, sail ships, shoot stuff, watch the pretty explosions, and move on. it's never going to change, no matter how much you wish for it.

[HINON]
Members
3,239 posts
24,773 battles

lol reminds me of a match I had recently, it was quite early in the match, we had an Izumo and a NC hiding behind the same island with our CV.

• Funny 1

[SALVO]
Members
24,191 posts
24,546 battles
29 minutes ago, DustRhino said:

I was in a game the other day in which the remaining five red ships abandoned all three caps and retreated into a cyclone. What is the purpose to this? Trying to preserve their kill/:death ratio? Either try to win, or go down fighting. Now, there are cases in which retreating will win you the game, and I have no problem with that. Say, your team is up by 500 pints with two minutes left. The other team can't cap fast enough to overcome your lead the only way they can win is to sink your team—by all means hide for the victory. But, why hide for an inevitable loss?

If the other team is up by 500 pints with 2 minutes left, you know what your team has to do?  Chug!  Chug!  Chug!!!!   :cap_fainting:

[DOW]
Members
858 posts
5,535 battles

We need commissar ships dedicated to the shooting of coward captains. (Or better, have a commissar event, so we can spend whole weeks on it.)

download.jpg.13b50a45c3900cf38098ffa44e01312d.jpg

Edited by _Marines
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
3,687 posts
15,704 battles

War game?  I thought it was a post Apocalypse game?  Ah, if it were a war game, woouldn't there be sides?  And, teams with Commander's assigned?  And, Operations Orders and Assignments?  And..........  Maybe, you are just confused by the advertising that kinda of infers we have something to do with a few World Wars......  Don't worry, that was a long time ago........now, we have Alien Invaders, Amine characters, Ghouls and Mutant creatures and, Mad Max in a Free-for-All (FFA) world where you can paint yourself blue, set you hair on fire and charge the enemies and die a glorious death !!!!!  War game?   Sounds an awful lot like a First-Person-Shooter to me???

Just kidding...........oh wait, it's July first, not April first..........sorry, my bad......

• Cool 1

[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
998 posts
9 minutes ago, _Marines said:

We need commissar ships dedicated to the shooting the coward captains.

that's what the original provosts actual job was killin fleeing cowards

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,915 posts
13,072 battles

Some people are cowards in real life....they actually are cowards in a digital game, where there is NO real life consequences... it is an amazing study on human psychology.  Some people are amazingly selfish and egotistical, and THAT actually translates into damage farmers who care about stats, folks doing the opposite and charging recklessly.  Balanced play is the key!

[OO7]
Members
4,089 posts
9,474 battles

Interestingly, the initial claim here is kinda the point of war - you don't see people in war just yolo into combat either.

Almost always the better prepared/deployed forces would win. 

[WAG]
Members
859 posts
12,238 battles
42 minutes ago, Morpheous said:

Some people are cowards in real life....they actually are cowards in a digital game, where there is NO real life consequences... it is an amazing study on human psychology.  Some people are amazingly selfish and egotistical, and THAT actually translates into damage farmers who care about stats, folks doing the opposite and charging recklessly.  Balanced play is the key!

I don't understand the players that break contact when doing so ensures a loss. Sure I'll run if my team can't win and I'm being chased, but I'll be shooting as I go so I can maximize damage. It isn't unusual for teams that are certain of victory to be reckless. Maybe not enough to turn the battle, but enough for the losing team to farm damage and even rack up some kills.

The other scenario I forgot where running is part of the game mechanic is if you can earn a Dreadnaught, Fireproof (etc.) if you survive. I hate that mechanic, but as long as it is part of the game, I will accept people doing it.

[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
3,793 posts
5,911 battles
1 hour ago, A_Burning_Sensation said:

It's always sub 30% survival rate players that think the majority of the cause of losses are passive players.  Fascinating.  You are an above avg player, but you'd probably be unicum if you kept your ship above water longer.  The players that cause losses are the ones that do less damage to the enemy than damage taken.  And those are the ones at the bottom of the scoreboard.  Don't believe me?  Look at all the 60% plus win rate players and measure their avg damage vs. sub 40% win rate players. And if you're dying early, you can't fire your guns the rest of the match.

Are you thinking damage doesn't matter, it's all about caps?  Well what do you think makes teams take and most importantly KEEP caps?  By being up in ship numbers.  Show me a replay video of all 12 players surviving past 10 minutes and actually losing a match.  You'll never find one.  Show me a replay video of 5+ ships dead in less than 10 minutes and losing a match.  Gee, that's nearly every game.

The suicidingly aggressive players that treat this game like a rinse and repeat first person shooter cause losses more than any other player type.  So the last thing you should be complaining about are people taking personal accountability for the health of their ship.

Dont use me as a measuring stick.

I sexually identify as a dd-killer.

Members
82 posts
2 hours ago, xLeadSledx said:

There is no punishment if you run away, there are no repercussions. Unlike in the real military. Most random battle matches are two herds facing each other. The herd with the best alpha male(s) wins.

Herd mentality usually takes over. One or two ships move in one direction and then a herd forms that follows them. When the lead ship turns away the herd turns away. I have tested it with Torpedo Bomber attacks on the "herd leader". If you drop torpedoes in such a way that he is forced to turn away from a capture zone to avoid being hit by the torpedoes then the ships behind will follow him in his turn. Hilarious as hell.

Members
231 posts
79 battles
11 minutes ago, aether_tech said:

Dont use me as a measuring stick.

I sexually identify as a dd-killer.

With the number of sexual buckets people identify with these days, I wouldn't be surprised if that's a thing.  LGBTIQCAPGNGFNBA.... DD killer has to be in there somewhere right?  Maybe between anime body pillow lover and those that actually identify as an anime body pillow.  Which for the record I'm totally cool with.  Whatever makes them happy.

Members
933 posts
4,038 battles

While I do agree that camping can be an annoying issue at the worst times, staying alive and whittling down the enemy is a lot better than overextending and dying, doing nothing.

[KRAK]
Members
3,511 posts
20,083 battles
3 hours ago, xLeadSledx said:

Don't you know that being the last loser alive is a win? 

[ALL41]
Members
510 posts
12,255 battles
3 hours ago, xLeadSledx said:

They just got their ship out of the paint shop, and they're afraid to get it scratched.    :cap_haloween: